โœจ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR โœจ

๐Ÿช Coldplay: Music of the Spheres ๐Ÿช | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

1 hour ago, Matteosabato said:

Iโ€™m starting to think that the โ€œbuggedโ€ music section is intentional, if it was a malfunction they wouldโ€™ve fix it by now. I donโ€™t think their team is simply ignoring this bug

I agree, if it was an error they would have already solved it. maybe we'll have some more clue after the grammys

• Like 3

On 2/28/2021 at 7:07 AM, Shiver98 said:

???? Attention to this!!!!ย 

20210228_150257.jpg

20210228_150259.jpg

Well, I guess FFTF2024 is probably unrelated to Music of the Spheres. It was just a little easter egg for a new environmental and charitable initiative that the band is probably involved with. And it goes along with their commitment to make future touring more environmentally friendly.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Matteosabato said:

Iโ€™m starting to think that the โ€œbuggedโ€ music section is intentional, if it was a malfunction they wouldโ€™ve fix it by now. I donโ€™t think their team is simply ignoring this bug

They might not even know about it yet. Their website design is maintained by a design agency called Rabbit Hole and they probably aren't aware of this.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 3:07 PM, Shiver98 said:

???? Attention to this!!!!ย 

20210228_150257.jpg

20210228_150259.jpg

Great find! this seems like the most likely explanation for the FFTF2024 in the booklet. Maybe it's an action plan from this initiative setting a goal for 2024, or maybe Coldplay have committed to make their tours environmentally beneficial (i.e. actively improving the environmental situation, rather than just having no effect) by 2024.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Yeah I agree that the FFTF2024 is a completely separate thing from MOTS. As mentioned, I think it's Coldplay's goal to have an environment friendlyย tour by 2024. Very interesting! I still think we are getting a project of new/reworked material sometime this year.

• Like 7
  • Care 1

On 2/27/2021 at 11:21 PM, Koleybolen said:

C3F9F894-1AEF-41A3-913A-0699185C0659.thumb.png.ffef8a508bd2e972ee57388a9fd796b2.png

Now that a Coldplay-connected person is posting these things, a new read: The 0:57 of Death and All His Friends mentions "So come over, just be patient and don't worry" (nothing more appropiate with all our anxiety for LP9!).ย 

And 1,36 for Violet Hill, could be just the day of the year when we will have something: Day 136 --> 16/May. I don't know, but it seems a reasonable (closed) date for something.ย 

• Like 5

Indeed!ย I'm also wondering if Coldplay everย read all of this fan speculation (maybe they're laughing at us right now?:classic_biggrin:), as Phil once said on Twitter something like he's been a fan of Coldplayingย since the beginning....

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

Indeed!ย I'm also wondering if Coldplay everย read all of this fan speculation (maybe they're laughing at us right now?:classic_biggrin:), as Phil once said on Twitter something like he's been a fan of Coldplayingย since the beginning....

I know Debs Wildย has an account here. The very same Debs Wild who discovered the band in 1998,ย was once The Oracle on Coldplay'sย website, and has been friends with the band in some capacity since the very beginning.ย I'm not gonna ping her with a mention (her username is just her first and last name if you want to look it up), but she pops in from time to time and was last active less than a month ago.

Maybe she peeksย at our outrageous speculation from time to time and mentions it to the band.ย ?

Anyways, I have my doubts that Angel Lopez posting songs fromย Viva is very significant. Maybe it's just a hint that he's working on LP9 and nothing more. The album could sound nothing like Viva and 1:36 could be a coincidence. DAAHF could be a coincidence, too. No matter what, I just think it's cool that he actually listens to Coldplay instead of just working with them and never having anything to do with them again.

In fact, he has been a fan for a long time:

https://www.columbusalive.com/entertainment/20191122/from-galloway-to-la-inspiring-journey-of-producer-angel-lopez

• Like 5

Didn't know Debs was active on the forum still. I do remember her leaving at beginning of the MX Era because of the drama. People were outraged at the Rihanna colab news lol.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by JM-42
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

I know Debs Wildย has an account here. The very same Debs Wild who discovered the band in 1998,ย was once The Oracle on Coldplay'sย website, and has been friends with the band in some capacity since the very beginning.ย I'm not gonna ping her with a mention (her username is just her first and last name if you want to look it up), but she pops in from time to time and was last active less than a month ago.

Maybe she peeksย at our outrageous speculation from time to time and mentions it to the band.ย ?

Anyways, I have my doubts that Angel Lopez posting songs fromย Viva is very significant. Maybe it's just a hint that he's working on LP9 and nothing more. The album could sound nothing like Viva and 1:36 could be a coincidence. DAAHF could be a coincidence, too. No matter what, I just think it's cool that he actually listens to Coldplay instead of just working with them and never having anything to do with them again.

In fact, he has been a fan for a long time:

https://www.columbusalive.com/entertainment/20191122/from-galloway-to-la-inspiring-journey-of-producer-angel-lopez

Didn't know Debs has an account on Coldplaying! :pleased:

Soย Debs was running The Oracle..... Finally, I didn't know that either.

Edited by Gideon_Mx

With all due respect, I think too much is being read into the exact times Angel Lopez screenshot the songs and the respective lyrics or numbers etc.

Not everything is a secret message.

I for one thing he just listened to and shared some songs he liked.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, I ran away said:

With all due respect, I think too much is being read into the exact times Angel Lopez screenshot the songs and the respective lyrics or numbers etc.

Not everything is a secret message.

I for one thing he just listened to and shared some songs he liked.

yup, he also posted a story of "Blackbird" a while back! Dude just likes listening to good music, I guess.

• Like 4

Coldplay has just announced their new T-shirt collection with One Tree Planted. What surprised me the most was the song playing on the video, they chose Talk... So, since the band has an aversion with X&Y (other than Fix You), do you think there's a reason to choose that particular song?

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, dxm3557 said:

Coldplay has just announced their new T-shirt collection with One Tree Planted. What surprised me the most was the song playing on the video, they chose Talk... So, since the band has an aversion with X&Y (other than Fix You), do you think there's a reason to choose that particular song?

Perhaps there were lyrics in it that related in some way or another to One Tree Planted... or perhaps - and this is the most likely option - they just liked the song.

• Like 1

Heres what I've noticed. They released Litho's of every album, and now have released cool Shirts/Socks for each album. If Music of the Spheres is about the connection between all bodies, then this could be a nod to the album. Just another reason we know that we've got something coming.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, _josemarcelo said:

Rock in Rio was officially postponed to September 2022. The president and creator of the event also said that by the end of this semester it should reveal more attractions (perhaps Coldplay?)

Not surprising, but at least this allows Coldplay to play the festival if it doesn't conflict with anything they've already scheduled. I have a hunch that MOTS will come out by the end of 2021 and 2022 is going to be filled with touring, as long as it's safe to attract such crowds by that point.

11 hours ago, dxm3557 said:

This definitely fits with the Fitย For The Future campaign that was mentioned a couple pages ago. It's environmentalism. I have a feeling they are going to do a lot of promoting for environmental causes in the next few years, similar to how they promoted fair trade (to the point where Chris would draw the Make Trade Fair equal sign on his hand and decorate his piano with it) back in the 2000s.

I find it intriguing that they included a snippet of Talk in the announcement on Instagram. But I really can't imagine them having any special reason to. Maybe it was just chosen by somebody in the band'sย social media team and they just went with it.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Doomotron said:

Perhaps there were lyrics in it that related in some way or another to One Tree Planted... or perhaps - and this is the most likely option - they just liked the song.

ย 

10 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

I find it intriguing that they included a snippet of Talk in the announcement on Instagram. But I really can't imagine them having any special reason to. Maybe it was just chosen by somebody in the band'sย social media team and they just went with it.

Me too! But one thing what's also interesting (at least for me) is that the snippet they used in the video wasn't the original,ย but from the instrumental version of Talk, so without lyrics. Not that it matters. But I found it quite remarkable.

Apparently there wasย someone (not Chris orย Guy)ย in/close to the band who chose this specific song for the One Tree Planted collection promo video, which is remarkable. Why not Viva, AOAL or Paradise?

ย 

EDIT: I think a made a mistake when I said "instrumental version", it's probably just the intro xD

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

ย 

Me too! But one thing what's also interesting (at least for me) is that the snippet they used in the video wasn't the original,ย but from the instrumental version of Talk, so without lyrics. Not that it matters. But I found it quite remarkable.

Apparently there wasย someone (not Chris orย Guy)ย in/close to the band who chose this specific song for the One Tree Planted collection promo video, which is remarkable. Why not Viva, AOAL or Paradise?

They got the instrumental from this forum's download sectionย for sureย :laugh3:

• Haha 5

36 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

ย 

That's why I pointed that out first. It would be so much "easier" to promote the new collection with already known and well established hits. Why use a song released 15 years ago, which they don't play anymore, don't like and from an album they also despise? The song's space theme is what really impacted me the most, that's why I found it so intriguing and curious about.

Edited by dxm3557
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gideon_Mx said:

ย 

I think I made a mistake here when I said "instrumental version".ย I just listened to it again and realized it's just the originalย intro of Talk, sorry!

Now it makes sense why there are no vocals in that snippet of Talk :rolleyes5:

• Captain Crieff changed the title to ๐Ÿช Coldplay: Music of the Spheres ๐Ÿช | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021