ūü™ź MY UNIVERSE | COLDPLAY X BTS | OUT SEPTEMBER 14TH ūüõį

Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys!!! Last Monday an Italian newspaper published a brief interview with violinist Davide Rossi. I'm Italian and live in Italy, so I promptly went to the newsagent's and bought the paper. In

LEAK  

this song is literally a career high, after 23 YEARS no one gets to complain about this album anymore for me, NO ONE, i'll protect it with my whole existence¬†ūüĒ™

Posted Images

Openers

• Politik
  • MX/Hurts Like Heaven
  • Don't Panic
  • Always in my head
  • Sunrise
  • A Head full of Dreams
  • Square One
  • Life in Technicolor
  • Higher Power

Closers

• Amsterdam
  • Coloratura
  • Death and all his friends
  • Fly On / O
  • Everything's not lost
  • Everyday Life
  • Up with the birds
  • Til Kingdom Come
  • Up and Up
Edited by Eskapist
  • Like 1

It's difficult to compare openers and closers separately. They all work in the album context really well.

From openers Politik and Square One are the best songs for me. But considering how openers work in stadium concert setlist,  I think it's a tie between AHFOD and MX/Hurts Like Heaven - both are really effective and work well with visuals. Politik is the opener with the most depth and quality, but it doesn't let the band to connect to crowd that easily. AHFOD does a great job with involving the audience already on 2nd or 3rd minute of the concert + this legendary jump by Chris! It seems like almost everything about it was designed to be a perfect concert opener. I think MOTS/Higher Power could be a very effective concert opener as well, but probably not the best imo. For sure the most danceable and energetic, feels like it's taking something from HLH and AHFOD both, but we'll see how it really works in context of the whole MOTS concert.

About closers, again they all are good for their respective albums and most of the closers are¬†amongst the best¬†Coldplay songs for me. Talking about using album closers as concert closers,¬†I think¬†in a way¬†Coloratura is the concert closer they have been moving towards all these years. It's¬†symphonic, anthemic, cinematic,¬†emotional and unifying the crowd at the same time, while the whole band shines playing it. In someway it combines¬†all of the previous closers together and¬†it gives the most¬†ethereal feel. This is the song I want to experience live, but I guess, thinking about the next Coldplay stadium show in the current pandemic situation¬†is pretty much¬†still a dream in A Head Full of Dreams¬†and Coloratura is a place we dream about.¬†ūüėÄ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Hi! I saw you have been rating openers and closers from the albums. What about the artworks?

They're all very beautiful (I love the fact that Coldplay pay so much attention to the design of their albums to make them a complete work of art), but I'll try to rank them, according to my personal tastes:

1) Ghost Stories

2) Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends

3) A Rush of Blood to the Head / Parachutes (I can't decide they seem to complement each other so well)

4) Mylo Xyloto / Everyday Life (I love the photo, It really seems to come from a century ago!)

5) Music of the Spheres (it may grow on me with time...)

6) X&Y

7) A Head Full of Dreams

• Thanks 1

I see that J has been rehearsing the Us Against The World riff. I wonder if it's just for fun or inclusion in future setlists. Have they been reworking it perhaps?

Edited by Famous_Old_Painter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, harrisonrules said:

Coming To America Bar GIF

Interesting, because if it's a hidden track as some are speculating, none of the remaining tracks have the length needed for a hidden track, and the one that does we've already heard. 

But I do think it might be a hidden track, so how could they pull that off? If they manage to hide it completely from the tracklist and only include it when you play the album in full on release day, I'll be very impressed.

Also, please let it be THE RACE!

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

there is indeed one small planet on the album cover that does not correspond to any track... the small one just below Supersolis, maybe a 13th hidden track ?

I wonder if vol.2 will have new planets or if it will be a new round in the same system

• Like 4
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, johnnymax8652 said:

there is indeed one small planet on the album cover that does not correspond to any track... the small one just below Supersolis, maybe a 13th hidden track ?

I wonder if vol.2 will have new planets or if it will be a new round in the same system

Like "Til Kingdom Come"...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Interesting, because if it's a hidden track as some are speculating, none of the remaining tracks have the length needed for a hidden track, and the one that does we've already heard. 

But I do think it might be a hidden track, so how could they pull that off? If they manage to hide it completely from the tracklist and only include it when you play the album in full on release day, I'll be very impressed.

Also, please let it be THE RACE!

It could be on physical releases only. 

Just rewatched the Overtura trailer and something just doesn't add up with the planets and the music. Right after Humankind it's out of sync until People of the Pride. The Qubik planet seems to be in the wrong position as well. My guess is that the hidden track is in Humankind or a transition to Alien Choir.

Btw you can listen to the snippet of Alien Choir now on alienradio without all the distortions. Just heard it for the first time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, TheLostColdplayer said:

Hi! I saw you have been rating openers and closers from the albums. What about the artworks?

They're all very beautiful (I love the fact that Coldplay pay so much attention to the design of their albums to make them a complete work of art), but I'll try to rank them, according to my personal tastes:

1) Ghost Stories

3) A Rush of Blood to the Head / Parachutes (I can't decide they seem to complement each other so well)

4) Mylo Xyloto / Everyday Life (I love the photo, It really seems to come from a century ago!)

5) Music of the Spheres (it may grow on me with time...)

6) X&Y

7) A Head Full of Dreams

1) Ghost Stories

3) A Rush of Blood to the Head

4) Parachutes 

5) Everyday Life

6) Mylo Xyloto 

7) A Head Full of Dreams

8 ) X&Y

9) Music of the Spheres 

Edited by LisaFeehily
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, Xyloband_99 said:

Maybe it's not a hidden track. It's a b-side of single that will be released in September. Also we don't know it will be %100 My Universe

There's a very high chance it will be My Universe and releasing it in September before IHeart would be wise move.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, harrisonrules said:

There's a very high chance it will be My Universe and releasing it in September before IHeart would be wise move.

it has to be my universe, they need to build more hype for the album

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1