Èkó - Sunset

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
Now that we have the official track list, we can discuss each track individually!

What do you think the 3rd track of Sunset/Everyday life part 2 will sound like ?
:moon:

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
^ Interesting! My guess right now is gonna be a short 1-2 minute track that includes a big choir of voices. Sunset is supposed to be the "happier" side of the album or at least the more hopeful side.

If Jacob Collier is on this thing I bet it will be this big vocal harmonization piece leading into Cry Cry Cry

tom043

tom
Coldplayer
Definitely one of my favorites on the album. It reminds me a lot of the song Paul Simon - ‘The Coast’ and actually the full album ‘ Rhythm Of The Saints’. Or even ‘Graceland’, using the african references and biblical characters. If you like the song and don’t know Rhythm Of The Saints, check it out.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I think Chris said in the BBC Live Lounge in 2017 that Graceland is one of his favourite albums ! And that he listened to it while in Zimbabwe as a kid, if I remember correctly.

tom043

tom
Coldplayer
I think Chris said in the BBC Live Lounge in 2017 that Graceland is one of his favourite albums ! And that he listened to it while in Zimbabwe as a kid, if I remember correctly.
Oh cool, didn't know that! Great album.

mathieu_c

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Definitely one of my favorites on the album. It reminds me a lot of the song Paul Simon - ‘The Coast’ and actually the full album ‘ Rhythm Of The Saints’. Or even ‘Graceland’, using the african references and biblical characters. If you like the song and don’t know Rhythm Of The Saints, check it out.
Both those albums seem like a blueprint for Everyday Life.

Blockflote

We'll be glowing in the dark!
Coldplayer
This song has grown on me. I think it's a beautifully narrative of what it feels when someone has to left their family and the ones they love because of work, war or whatever circumstances they are.

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
Mygod this one is so sweet. Tiwa Savage's voice beautifully compliments the song.
Great lyrics too. The last verse kills you

Joseph rode in on a beam of light
Dreamed of his Queen by his side
There'll be a beautiful sunset
And you'll be a beautiful bride

:sob: :sob: :sob: