03-Aug-08: Washington - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 02-Jul]

ColdplayInMyBrain

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Right, well thats best buy, which is sketch at best.....besides there is nothing on ticketmaster to indicate this and if that is right that would mean they are opening up thier tour in Detroit??Umm no, this list is bullshit. They have no reason to push philly, dc and hartford back so they can open in Michigan and then go to Ohio. Also if you look, they play Omaha NE on the same date, so I KNOW this list it bullshit

ColdplayInMyBrain

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Right, well thats best buy, which is sketch at best.....besides there is nothing on ticketmaster to indicate this and if that is right that would mean they are opening up thier tour in Detroit??Umm no, this list is bullshit. They have no reason to push philly, dc and hartford back so they can open in Michigan and then go to Ohio. Also if you look, they play Omaha NE on the same date, so I KNOW this list it bullshit

zitherglow

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Actually, they do have a reason to push back the dates.... Chris stated in the KROQ interview on monday that the first two weeks of the tour would be delayed because production was running behind schedule. They repeatedly said the tour would open in LA. Go back and listen to it... mp3 is available in the news section of coldplaying.com... it's at the 19 min mark.

ColdplayInMyBrain

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I listened to it on the day of the interview, I just assummed they wanted to open on the 15 of june, but couldn't have the "Magic Balls" done in time for that so they made the philly show the opening gig. So that would mean they are pusing 9 gigs back to open up at The Forum. Then they are playing a few more dates in CA and nevada then doing a Canadian Tour?!?!?!?!?WTF seriously. I am going to find their tour management and give them a taste of MY "Magic Balls"

betao

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
well its not on the official site, so I guess we'll have to see.

This is my first post btw, whats up everyone. I'm looking for 2 tickets to this show (trying to score some for my old man for fathers day), I don't care what section, also willing to pay a bit more than face value. Anyone have some extra tickets they need to get rid of? PM me if interested.

notlost92

come along Pond
Coldplayer
Hey, I've been lurking around here for a while but this complete confusion over the tour dates convinced me to get an account!

Does anyone have ANY idea what's going on here? Because I'm flying back home for this, and if it's actually on the 3rd now I have flights to rearrange and parents to convince. When are we going to get an official announcement? I'm going to be pretty devastated if I can't go, I've wanted to see them for years but haven't been able to until now...

Beren

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Looking for 4 tickets to the DC show. I am a long time fan. Thanks.

SBrooks1

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
We got an e-mail from StubHub (where we got our tickets) that the D.C. date had been changed to August 3rd so it's pretty much confirmed.

strawberry_swing

1991-2009
Coldplayer
Is anyone going to the Washington DC show on Aug 3?

I've gotten tickets to the DC Coldplay show on August 3 at the Verizon Center and I just want to know if any fellow Coldplayers will be there.

:D

foldsbaldwin

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hi, I'm very interested in getting two tickets for the show. I've been dying to see them for a long while now and would really appreciate it. Extremely interested in the red sections/main concourse (100, 111, 112, 113, 120, 121) or on floor close to stage but not 4, 5, 6. Please pm if you have tickets for sale!

notlost92

come along Pond
Coldplayer
I know I'm late, but... I AM! I'm so ridiculously excited... How good are your seats? Mine suck.

And while I'm here- do you know how tight security is at the MCI/Verizon Center these days? I want to bring my camera, but I'm not sure if they're going to search bags, use wands, or something else.

strawberry_swing

1991-2009
Coldplayer
I know that it says "No Cameras Allowed" on my tickets, but I'm sure if you hide a camera in a deep pocket, they wouldn't know.

And we're like in section 416, but hey, just as long as I'm there, seeing Berryman/Buckland/Champion/Martin live, I'm good.

notlost92

come along Pond
Coldplayer
Mine are section 430 or something, ugh. I tried to convince my friend to upgrade the tickets, but she didn't want to pay any more money :( . Oh well, as long as I can hear I'll be happy!

Yeah, I can't decide if hiding it on your body somewhere or hiding it in a purse is better...

Shawndorman

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
ahhhh I am working on getting to this concert!! I have never seen them live, but I have no money at the moment!!! I really hope this changes before the tickets sell out!!

dotty biscotti

Jedi Knight
Coldplayer
I just purchased my ticket from Ticketmaster. I'm in section 417, which according to the site is the "Best Available". And I paid 96.00 overall! (I'm still extremely excited) This is my first Coldplay concert

ColdplayInMyBrain

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm a little worried about this concert to be honest. Not a whole lot of activity in the thread and seems like everyone has not so good seats. Am I the only one who was able to get decent seats?

Has anyone ever seen coldplay in DC and what kind of show it was? Hopefully it is one to remember becuase I paid a big chunk of cash for my stage side seats for me and 2 friends.

Oh well, if the crowd or band isn't into it there is always my 12th row seat in philly a few days before this one :cool:

dotty biscotti

Jedi Knight
Coldplayer
I'm a little worried about this concert to be honest. Not a whole lot of activity in the thread and seems like everyone has not so good seats. Am I the only one who was able to get decent seats?

Has anyone ever seen coldplay in DC and what kind of show it was? Hopefully it is one to remember becuase I paid a big chunk of cash for my stage side seats for me and 2 friends.

Oh well, if the crowd or band isn't into it there is always my 12th row seat in philly a few days before this one :cool:
You got stage side seats from ticketmaster?