03-Aug-08: Washington - Tickets, Preview, Meetups, Review/Photos [originally 02-Jul]

ColdplayInMyBrain

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Um, actually no, even tho I was online the second these tickets went onsale :veryangry: , but believe me, there are other ways to get good seats other then ticketmaster. :)

ColdplayInMyBrain

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Stageside Ticket!!

I have 1 (One) ticket available for section 120 row 13(Stageside). I bought it so a friend could go but now she will not be able to make it. I paid about 180 per ticket. Willing to be negotiable with price especially for a true coldplay fan. Keep in mind you will be next to me so I hope you are into coldplay as much as me. You can paypay me and I will mail you the physical ticket or I can meet in the venue parking lot before the show. Whatever works.

ColdplayInMyBrain

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Just a Bump. I have 1 ticket for sale in section 120 row 13. Not face value but cheaper then anywhere else on the net!

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
Juniper Lane Opening for Coldplay 8/3

Congratulations to DC’s Juniper Lane for scoring the opening gig at Coldplay’s August 3rd show at the Verizon Center.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73lz25K4Nlc[/media]

strawberry_swing

1991-2009
Coldplayer
Well, it's only about 11 days until Coldplay performs in our nation's capital! Oh, god I am so excited! It's my first concert of theirs (but not my first concert; I did see Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band in April!) and my mother and I are both really excited to go see them. My seats aren't the best, but who cares? I'm going and that's all that matters to me. :D

Song I'm dying to hear from most of VLV: Yes
Song I'm dying to hear from Parachutes: Yellow
Song I'm dying to hear from AROBTTH: The Scientist
Song I'm dying to hear from X&Y: Square One

My mom can't wait for 42.

Song I WISH they'd play: Amsterdam, of course.

Oh well. It's nice to dream...

xneverwherex

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Cant wait to hear how this is. I was supposed to go to the show, but the date change didnt work as Ill be in Chicago. My friend and I are both insanely bummed, and if the date hadnt changed Id have seen them in Chicago too :( Ah well. Im still seeing them in NJ :)

Ive seen them in the DC area before (for whoever was asking) and its always been a great show. In MD more often, but same difference really. Although they did play Streets of Baltimore the first time I saw them and that was quite awesome. I think last time it was Johnny Cash covers as he had passed away not long before - but be glad youre not seeing them at Nissan. Great show, just a bitch to get to from NoVA/DC/MD.

jasmynebirch

Sleep Satisfied
Coldplayer
Cant wait to hear how this is. I was supposed to go to the show, but the date change didnt work as Ill be in Chicago. My friend and I are both insanely bummed, and if the date hadnt changed Id have seen them in Chicago too :( Ah well. Im still seeing them in NJ :)

Ive seen them in the DC area before (for whoever was asking) and its always been a great show. In MD more often, but same difference really. Although they did play Streets of Baltimore the first time I saw them and that was quite awesome. I think last time it was Johnny Cash covers as he had passed away not long before - but be glad youre not seeing them at Nissan. Great show, just a bitch to get to from NoVA/DC/MD.
I think we have been to all of the same shows. I was also at Pier 6 my first time seeing them live. And the Nissan show.

xneverwherex

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I think we have been to all of the same shows. I was also at Pier 6 my first time seeing them live. And the Nissan show.
lovely! did you go to a lot of shows at 9:30 or black cat? if so - im sure we've seen each other. and did you ever post to the 9:30 forum?

ColdplayInMyBrain

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I now have (2) tickets available in section 120, row M. Please PM me if interested. Willing to negotiate on price.

AllisonMY

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
For Sale: 1 Ticket, 8/03, Verizon: Sec. 102, Row O. Face + TM charges

This is my first post (and I had to register to post it) but, trust me, this is a legitimate offer.

I bought three Coldplay tickets for my daughter and her friends, and now one friend has bailed (without paying), leaving me stuck with an extra ticket.

I have the hard TM ticket in hand, and you pay what I paid: $115, plus actual shipping if required. Would prefer cash transaction in NoVA (Pr. William County/Manassas-area). If you buy the ticket by 5 PM tomorrow (7/31), I'll do overnight mail IF you pay PayPal, and if you'll pay to ship at time of sale. Overnight/Express Only (which I think is $14.95 -- but I could be wrong).

I'd really prefer cash and a meet-up to transfer the ticket to the buy, because it's late in the game. I was thinking we could meet at a public place: Target parking lot, Starbucks, whatever works for you.

Please PM me if you're interested, or email: [email protected]

Thanks!! And enjoy your show.

mper2

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I now have (2) tickets available in section 120, row M. Please PM me if interested. Willing to negotiate on price.
Hey, I went to the show in Philly and I am dying to see it again and would love to take my sister, so I was curious if your tickets for the DC show are still available. Please let me know! Thanks.

SBrooks1

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Can't wait to see this show on Sunday!! Me and my fiance will be heading to D.C. from Roanoke Friday afternoon and staying the weekend at the Hampton Inn-Convention Center. Gonna be a great weekend!!! :D

jasmynebirch

Sleep Satisfied
Coldplayer
I went to a few shows at the 9:30 club but I went to a ton at the Black Cat. I never posted on either forum though.
lovely! did you go to a lot of shows at 9:30 or black cat? if so - im sure we've seen each other. and did you ever post to the 9:30 forum?

Jetsetter

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Does anyone have a pair of tickets that they are willing to part with for the DC show on Sunday night? My girlfriend and I thought we would be out of town and not able to attend but our plans changed and we would really love to go. Any reasonable price will be accepted.

Help a guy out so I don't wind up in the doghouse please! :)

antareus

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Are there any standing tickets? Or is everything seated, even on the floor? If so, what a waste...I suppose I'll see soon enough.

SBrooks1

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Does anyone know what the rules will be for taking cameras in? I see pics and videos from other shows on here so I'm curious.

Jenjie

Coldplaying Founder
Founder
Coldplayer
Coldplay at the Verizon Center

Until U2 releases its new album later this year, Coldplay will remain the biggest rock band in the land. The British band’s fourth set and its title track have lodged themselves near the top of the charts. Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends is also the band’s best set yet, and its most U2-sounding thus far. Little wonder: They made it with acclaimed producer Brian Eno, the man responsible for making U2 stadium-rock staples and thus paving the way for Coldplay's eventual success. It’s working like a charm. Now Coldplay is on its own arena tour, hitting the Verizon Center, 601 F St. NW, this Sunday, Aug. 3. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets $49.50 to $97.50. Call 202-397-SEAT, 800-551-SEAT or visit www.ticketmaster.com.

http://www.metroweekly.com/spotlight/2008/08/coldplay-at-the-verizon-center.html