[2-Jul-2014] Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

cheeetaz

Owner of a Phil signed ID
Coldplayer
Anyone who missed this should ask themselves why. If you couldnt get tickets, i feel sorry very sorry for you. If you didnt even try to get here, you are dumb and stupid.

Sent via Tapatalk

mayrn43

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Anyone who missed this should ask themselves why. If you couldnt get tickets, i feel sorry very sorry for you. If you didnt even try to get here, you are dumb and stupid.

Sent via Tapatalk
Dats harsh lool

cheeetaz

Coldplayer
Sorry. I'm on cloud nine. It's like beeing drunk. :D

Sent via Tapatalk

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
What about those who wouldn't have been able to pay for the tickets and the trip?
Anyway:

Ellen ‏@openeyesignals
I'm sorry Alexa Chung and Pixie Geldof just walked by me

Wow!

Coeurli

Ellen ‏@openeyesignals
Superb view hehehehe

mayrn43

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Sorry. I'm on cloud nine. It's like beeing drunk. :D

Sent via Tapatalk
Ya if you look back on this when you're less emotional you might possibly wonder why you called people dumb and stupid for trying not to get there...

Coeurli

Coldplay ‏@coldplay
That was another great show. Incredible crowd. Goodnight London. A

Coeurli

e-n. ‏@ianhasgreeneyes
Jon Hopkins & the Geldolf family just walked past me

cheeetaz

Coldplayer
Ya if you look back on this when you're less emotional you might possibly wonder why you called people dumb and stupid for trying not to get there...
Thats always the case when i'm "drunk"

Sent via Tapatalk

Deirdre

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Can't wait to read reviews from the two days!!!
(I'm listening to the concert of yesterday, thanks to the lovely people who shared it, and I'm happy! I just wanted to put it out there even if it has nothing to do with the thread :lol:).

Edit: Thanks Coeurli for updating this concert with tweets from people being at the concert :nice:

Coeurli

Can't wait to read reviews from the two days!!!
(I'm listening to the concert of yesterday, thanks to the lovely people who shared it, and I'm happy! I just wanted to put it out there even if it has nothing to do with the thread :lol:).

Edit: Thanks Coeurli for updating this concert with tweets from people being at the concert :nice:
No probs :nice:

And yes, do share your reviews and pics, everyone who were there! Looking forward to reading them!

Coeurli

fearne cotton ‏@Fearnecotton
A magical night watching Coldplay at the Albert Hall.

Ellen ‏@openeyesignals
Here's Jonny singing. And giggling. Amd miming 'I can't hear it!'. Thank me later. http://instagram.com/p/p9xTtRBGwE/

theprospekt

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So a small group of people asked if I could take a picture of them. I then asked if I was going to see it on the forum and one of them said "maybe". Dunno if they were actually members. Anyways that was me.

Another thing: what do you guys think about the sound quality? I'm told that loudness is normal (of course) but why why why do they turn these speakers higher than they can obviously take? That was a bit disappointing for me.

Very good set list though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coeurli

Well, I'm off for tonight! Keep the pics and reviews coming! :D

AlecSp

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Wow, that was something special!

And I eat my words about them not being able to project onto the mushrooms. Never seen that done before, but it was done exquisitely. They'd obviously had to map the size and location of each one for the projections to work. All that attention to detail for two shows...

Too many happy memories... :)

Tonsu

Moved to Mars
Coldplayer
Just got in and caught up on the thread.

Amazing venue.

Amazing set up (stage and visuals etc).

Astonishing crowd :D

But for me (those apart) one of the lamest gigs I've seen them play stretching back to 2002. We knew the setlist from last night, but I didn't expect them to fail (or bother) to tease out anything extra from songs like Everything's Not Lost when the crowd were by no means finished (same with Viva La Vida though personally I think it's had it's day). Charlie Brown was truncated too. Just drop the euphoria and move onto the next number to get the gig over quicker I guess...

How they played some of these tracks over those that people who've probably been waiting years to hear the likes of In My Place, Yellow (especially) and Politik is anyone's guess.

Still, a great night at a superb venue.

Oh God, this seems so f****** awesome, why can't we hear it? Why? Why?...
It was the same as last night.

Was Everything's Not Lost played?
It was but not 'properly' imvho.

Have some empathy please, just because you were lucky enough to have a ticket doesn't mean you can sneer at others - I met a few people outside who were desperate to get in but were only offered tickets by touts. I got talking to one and he said they were selling for £300-£400 and when I said they wouldn't be able to get in without ID he just laughed and said 'that's their problem'. There were quite a few empty seats near me (arena - great seats). Very sad :(

Still, was a wonderful place and night to say 'goodbye' to a band I first saw in Japan over a decade ago :)

cheeetaz

Coldplayer
I was writing that in the adrenaline rush right after gig.
All i was saying is, that you missed a great show and made a mistake if you decided not to try to get tickets. I know a lot of people would have loved to be there tonight and tried hard to get tickets, i feel sorry for them that they couldnt be here.

Sent via Tapatalk

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
That was an incredible night! So grateful to finally met a few people in person from this forum. I am so glad this has happened!! Thank you very much Coldplay and Coldplayers who have been so awesome! :) :)

AlecSp

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I loved the way that, when we got on the tube, I could pick up the Evening Standard and turn straight to last night's review, which I'd ignored on the way down, and could effectively read the review of the gig I'd just been to...

A few favourite pics of the night: