28-Mar-09: Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi, UAE - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/V

mel 79

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Abu Dhabi!!

Who's coming to Abu Dhabi to see Coldplay?? Sun AND the best band in the world.

fozPAKMAN

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I might be coming but the tickets are quite expensive, ranging from 50 pounds up to 200 pounds. But im always visiting dubai so might drive down to abu dhabi

an_the_coldplayer

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm curious to see the price of the tickets

So this is one date to be announced tomorrow, wonder what is/are the other/s
AED 295 - 1500
just checked on Live Nation :D

cant wait. but why a saturday night from nine to twelve?? why?? :(

Ab

девочка
Coldplayer

Supplied photo
Coldplay will be making their debut performance in the Middle East on March 28.

Coldplay tickets go on sale February 15

Staff Report
Published: February 10, 2009, 12:06

Abu Dhabi: Tickets for Coldplay's hugely anticipated concert at Abu Dhabi's Emirates Palace on March 28 will go on sale on Sunday, February 15, it was announced on Tuesday.

The band will be making their debut performance in the Middle East as the final stop on the world tour for their critically acclaimed fourth album, Viva La Vida.

The four-piece British group performed at the Grammys on Sunday, where they picked up three of the coveted awards, including the gong for Song of the Year for the single Viva la Vida.

Tickets for the concert, organised by Live Nation and Flash, are priced from Dh295 to Dh895 and go on sale on Sunday from www.ticketingboxoffice.com and www.boxofficeme, while a limited number will be available at Virgin Megastores across the UAE.

http://www.gulf-news.com/nation/Leisure/10284138.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That means from 447 to 1356 Egyptian pounds!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
I knew it'll make me laugh!!!!!! :laugh3:

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
Coldplay set for '£1.4m' arabian night

Coldplay are set for one of the biggest paydays of their career after been lured to play in the luxurious surroundings of a plush hotel in the United Arab Emirates.
The band are tipped to bank at least £1.4million for the gig at the Emirates Palace with all 15,000 tickets set to sell out immediately.

Chris Martin's men will play against a back drop of a private beach almost a mile long on the final stop of their world tour.

The band are the latest superstars to grace the venue with Bon Jovi, Justin Timberlake, Shakira, Christina Aguilera and Elton John all cashing in, in the past.

Promoter Elissa Murtaza said: 'Coldplay's debut performance in the Middle East is set to attract one of the biggest attendances in the UAE.'

'Regional fans of the band have waited a long time for this show and they won't be disappointed.'

http://www.metro.co.uk

Viva La Parachutes

Live Life Or It Lives You
Coldplayer
Congratulations Coldplay!! If any band deserves this its you guys!!

So Once Again I Will Say...
LONG LIVE THE KINGS!!!

Black Dog

Live From Michigan!
Coldplayer
WOW. I wonder how people even get ahold of such tickets?? VIP only

Sadness_Ocean

We live in a bubble
Coldplayer
At last, Coldplay's show in the Middle East. For sure im attending it, specially it will be the first time for me attending, enjoying and seeing coldplay on real :D

slmoka

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey guys it is not that much any one can afford this here and i'll be the first one in the queue
you gonna watch me on the TV with Coldplay LOL
that would be awesome :)

fozPAKMAN

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey guys it is not that much any one can afford this here and i'll be the first one in the queue
you gonna watch me on the TV with Coldplay LOL
that would be awesome :)
Hey ill be there too gonna fly in from london, im always in dubai on business so thought might aswell drive down to abu dhabi, cant wait. Where are you coming from ?
Oh yea and which tickets did you get, i got diamond standing:D

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
Win tickets to see Coldplay live!

Tickets have nearly sold out but The National has five pairs to give away for this special one-off show.

For your chance to win, SMS your answer to the following question to 3538 (Etisalat) or 9100 (du), or email your answer to [email protected] before midnight on March 20.

Which Coldplay song won a Grammy for Song of the Year last month?

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090314/ART/651487789

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
How to rev up the Palace crowd for Coldplay

Mercury Rev, fronted by Jonathan Donahue, will support Coldplay at the Emirates Palace on Saturday.

Great news! Mercury Rev are playing in Abu Dhabi. The downside is that it costs Dh300 and if you don’t leave as soon as they’ve finished, you might get some Coldplay on you. I joke, I joke. Yet for many, ragging on Chris Martin and chums is no laughing matter. From all the pained, po-faced column inches proclaiming this popular North London outfit to be, in the words of The New York Times’s Jon Pareles, “the most insufferable band of the decade”, you’d think they spent their days feasting on endangered species. Oh, Coldplay’s flaws are obvious enough: the simpering, samey songs, the worthiness, the smugness of the Martin ménage, etc. And yet none of this detracts from their talent: they write memorable tunes with a chilly, contemporary mood. Whenever Martin’s melodies have shown up without him attached, the effects have been perfectly pleasant. Who can deny the charm of Jamelia’s See It in a Boy’s Eyes? Or of Jay-Z’s Beach Chair? Thus history, furnishing a control test, refutes the sceptic. Besides, as Nietzsche once advised, “battle not with monsters lest you become a monster”. It’s a terrible thing when the hipper-than-thou haters start seeming less fun than Chris Martin himself.

In any case such admonitions may be unnecessary, for who can hate in the presence of Mercury Rev, surely the closest thing the world of sweeping indie rock possesses to an anti-Coldplay? Where the latter are cold, modern and sensible, the Rev trade in a sort of wayward, Tiffany-glass warmth. Even on their latest album, Snowflake Midnight, in which the band branches out into electronic textures and borrows a few shock tactics from their spiritual successors Animal Collective, the mood is as swooning and starry-eyed as ever. Rev fans tend to be die-hards, too, which is another reason why they make an intriguing choice of support for Coldplay. The Emirates Palace may find itself hosting to two very different tribes on Saturday. Somehow, I’d be surprised if it came to blows.

The Bolshoi ballet is coming to the Abu Dhabi Music and Arts Festival this week with a gala performance of excerpts from Minkus, Tchaikovsky, Driges and others, followed a couple of days later by a gallop through Giselle. That the ballet is one of the great wonders of the cultural world – a 200-year-old company that has survived the rise and fall of Communism to stand as the iconic and definitive exponents of their art – is surely beyond question. They do grand shows, full of shameless magnificence. That has to be worth experiencing at least once, doesn’t it? Or twice, seeing as they’re offering.

Finally, if you fancy a sneak preview of the UAE’s pavilion at the Venice Biennale, head to Gallery One at the Emirates Palace on Thursday evening. The show, which includes work by Lamya Gargash and Tarek al Ghoussein, bears the oddly apologetic title It’s Not You, It’s Me. A phrase more usually associated with the gentle break-up let-down, this may seem to strike a pessimistic note; after all, the UAE’s relationship with the world’s most august biennial has just begun. Here’s hoping the exhibition is the start of something beautiful.

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090322/ART/218086961/-1/NEWS

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer

Mercury Rev, fronted by Jonathan Donahue, will support Coldplay at the Emirates Palace on Saturday.

Great news! Mercury Rev are playing in Abu Dhabi. The downside is that it costs Dh300 and if you don’t leave as soon as they’ve finished, you might get some Coldplay on you. I joke, I joke. Yet for many, ragging on Chris Martin and chums is no laughing matter. From all the pained, po-faced column inches proclaiming this popular North London outfit to be, in the words of The New York Times’s Jon Pareles, “the most insufferable band of the decade”, you’d think they spent their days feasting on endangered species. Oh, Coldplay’s flaws are obvious enough: the simpering, samey songs, the worthiness, the smugness of the Martin ménage, etc. And yet none of this detracts from their talent: they write memorable tunes with a chilly, contemporary mood. Whenever Martin’s melodies have shown up without him attached, the effects have been perfectly pleasant. Who can deny the charm of Jamelia’s See It in a Boy’s Eyes? Or of Jay-Z’s Beach Chair? Thus history, furnishing a control test, refutes the sceptic. Besides, as Nietzsche once advised, “battle not with monsters lest you become a monster”. It’s a terrible thing when the hipper-than-thou haters start seeming less fun than Chris Martin himself.

In any case such admonitions may be unnecessary, for who can hate in the presence of Mercury Rev, surely the closest thing the world of sweeping indie rock possesses to an anti-Coldplay? Where the latter are cold, modern and sensible, the Rev trade in a sort of wayward, Tiffany-glass warmth. Even on their latest album, Snowflake Midnight, in which the band branches out into electronic textures and borrows a few shock tactics from their spiritual successors Animal Collective, the mood is as swooning and starry-eyed as ever. Rev fans tend to be die-hards, too, which is another reason why they make an intriguing choice of support for Coldplay. The Emirates Palace may find itself hosting to two very different tribes on Saturday. Somehow, I’d be surprised if it came to blows.

The Bolshoi ballet is coming to the Abu Dhabi Music and Arts Festival this week with a gala performance of excerpts from Minkus, Tchaikovsky, Driges and others, followed a couple of days later by a gallop through Giselle. That the ballet is one of the great wonders of the cultural world – a 200-year-old company that has survived the rise and fall of Communism to stand as the iconic and definitive exponents of their art – is surely beyond question. They do grand shows, full of shameless magnificence. That has to be worth experiencing at least once, doesn’t it? Or twice, seeing as they’re offering.

Finally, if you fancy a sneak preview of the UAE’s pavilion at the Venice Biennale, head to Gallery One at the Emirates Palace on Thursday evening. The show, which includes work by Lamya Gargash and Tarek al Ghoussein, bears the oddly apologetic title It’s Not You, It’s Me. A phrase more usually associated with the gentle break-up let-down, this may seem to strike a pessimistic note; after all, the UAE’s relationship with the world’s most august biennial has just begun. Here’s hoping the exhibition is the start of something beautiful.

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090322/ART/218086961/-1/NEWS
THESE PEOPLE ARE DEAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

And blind to the stage theatrics, too.