30-May-2009: Post Gazette Pavilion, Pittsburgh, PA, USA

jelynch2

CPer Momma
Coldplayer
Pittsburgh Review, 5-30-09

Let me just start by saying that this was one of the absolute greatest nights of my life. I convinced almost my whole family to come (husband, mom, dad, brother, brother's girlfriend, other brother, sister-in-law) because I knew how amazing they were after seeing them in DC on Halloween.

We got there early to tailgate but the parking lot was closed, so we got turned away and found a crappy dirt road to cook out on - class Pennsylvania style :). Once we got into the lot, my husband and I ran to the gate to wait for them to open. We had lawn seats, so every member of my family was instructed to RUN on to the part of the lawn nearest the front and throw their bodies down to block anyone else from sitting there. This would have worked, too, had it not been for me sighting the "C" stage on the lawn. I threw my blankets down in front of it and called my whole family over.

As soon as the concert started, we stepped up and were leaning on the metal fence that surrounded their small stage the whole time. When the boys ran out to the stage, we were the first line of people there. We were about four feet away from them - no joke. If they would have fallen, they would have literally fallen on top of me. Johnny leaned down and slapped my brother's hand! Then, Guy looked at my sign! I was DYING for Chris to look my way, but he kept his eyes looking out to the thousands of people far out on the lawn. I sreamed my lungs out - seriously. I would scream so loud and hard that I would run out of breath. Then, I giggled like crazy until I got my breath back. Then, I'd let out another whopper of a scream. My poor husband stood right behind me to prevent me from getting crushed into the railing. He took pictures the whole time - which I'll post soon. :)

When Chris was introducing Will for DWNC, the crowd started chanting, "Let's Go Pens!" (for Pittsburgh Penguins). Chris couldn't understand what they were saying. At one point, he leaned down and asked MY BROTHER what a Pen was!!! My brother explained and then Chris asked the crowd what they were talking about on the microphone. Then, he went into, "If you're a fan of Ben's, Everybody shout Let's Go Pens!" When their set out there was done, my brother's girlfriend managed to get two guitar picks! I cannot even describe what it was like to be so close to them all on the stage in the lawn. I absolutely love the band, and am so in love with Chris. But after seeing them so close, it really humanized them all for me. I tend to think of them as these giant superheroes, but when it comes down to it they're just a bunch of guys doing what they love to do. I mean, they're someone's dad or brother or husband. It really made me see them in a different light and made me respect them a lot more as regular people, which is a great feeling.

It was amazing. Chris shouted out to Pittsburgh a ton of times during the show and everyone was screaming with excitement. This was the third show I've been to of theirs and it was by far the best. You could tell they were well rested and were having a blast, even though Chris coughed really bad on the lawn stage and actually spit something up in between songs. Guess he's still recovering?? Chris told us after Fix You that that was the best he had every heard from an audience - 110%. My whole family loved it - even my parents. They're dying to do it all over again soon. It was the best night of my life and I cannot wait to go again. Thank you, COLDPLAY!!! :D

LittleMissMessy

White Shadows ;)
Coldplayer
@jelynch2

Thanks for that amazing review and I am so happy for you all that you got THAT close to them :)

Can't wait to see the photos now :) :) :D

jelynch2

CPer Momma
Coldplayer
Thank you! I totally forgot to say that I nwo consider myself a "friend" of Chris's and Johnny's. hahah During "Green Eyes," Chris said "my green eyes" and looked at Johnny. I was trying to explain it to my mom, who was up at the metal railing with me, so I yelled,"That's because Johnny has green eyes!" as if she didn't get it. hahah About thirty seconds later, I saw Chris say that exact same thing to Johnny and they laughed!!! So....because I made them laugh, the three of us are now officially friends...or at least that's the story I'm going with. :D

jelynch2

CPer Momma
Coldplayer
btw, I saw Chris's underwear peeking out of his pants when he right in front of me (at least methinks that's what it was?). They were black with white polkadots. !! :D

AliRaex3

Ali Rae
Coldplayer
^heh!

words can't even begin to explain how much fun i had last night.
these are the videos i got, and pictures will be on my flickr later.

Lovers In Japan, a portion of it:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esBN832Cg4U"]YouTube - Lovers In Japan - Coldplay - Pittsburgh, PA[/ame]

The Scientist, full:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HxWOVMJNCY"]YouTube - The Scientist - Coldplay - Pittsburgh, PA[/ame]

twiqz

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Was there anyone else in the PIT for this show? I was wearing the twisted logic tour shirt in the front...I remember we had some funny situations with people trying to cut in front. :laugh3:

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
Thank you! I totally forgot to say that I nwo consider myself a "friend" of Chris's and Johnny's. hahah During "Green Eyes," Chris said "my green eyes" and looked at Johnny. I was trying to explain it to my mom, who was up at the metal railing with me, so I yelled,"That's because Johnny has green eyes!" as if she didn't get it. hahah About thirty seconds later, I saw Chris say that exact same thing to Johnny and they laughed!!! So....because I made them laugh, the three of us are now officially friends...or at least that's the story I'm going with. :D
:laugh3:

That's great.

SueDeNimes

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
We had lawn seats, so every member of my family was instructed to RUN on to the part of the lawn nearest the front and throw their bodies down to block anyone else from sitting there. This would have worked, too, had it not been for me sighting the "C" stage on the lawn. I threw my blankets down in front of it and called my whole family over.
Well done!! Both the instructions and the run to the C-Stage!! :dance:
My poor husband stood right behind me to prevent me from getting crushed into the railing. He took pictures the whole time - which I'll post soon. :)
Oh that sounds great, can't wait to see them!!
I cannot even describe what it was like to be so close to them all on the stage in the lawn. I absolutely love the band, and am so in love with Chris. But after seeing them so close, it really humanized them all for me.[...] It really made me see them in a different light and made me respect them a lot more as regular people, which is a great feeling.
I know what you mean. After seeing the War Child concert (and meeting Chris outside afterwards) I see them more as human beings and as you say, see them in a different light (and became more "protective" :lol:)
My whole family loved it - even my parents. They're dying to do it all over again soon. It was the best night of my life and I cannot wait to go again. Thank you, COLDPLAY!!! :D
Well, I'm sure of that!! Great that you could achieve that they love them as well now! My mother still can't believe why I go to three more concerts... She said "You saw that already, why would you want to go again??" :laugh3:

^heh!

words can't even begin to explain how much fun i had last night.
these are the videos i got, and pictures will be on my flickr later.

Lovers In Japan, a portion of it:
YouTube - Lovers In Japan - Coldplay - Pittsburgh, PA

The Scientist, full:
YouTube - The Scientist - Coldplay - Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks for the videos and can't wait to see your pics! Will you make a post when they're uploaded? That would be fab! :kiss:

jrheinz86

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
just posted a full song vid of the scientist during the encore taken from my seat in the pit. also, my pics are posted on photobucket. i will try to post the good ones here when i get some free time.. until then, here are the links.

My photos - http://s672.photobucket.com/albums/vv81/jrheinz86/

The Scientist (poor sound and shaky, but the full song) - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqbBvPYBn9o"]YouTube - Coldplay - The Scientist (Live) - Pittsburgh, PA[/ame]

jelynch2

CPer Momma
Coldplayer
Anyone know how to upload pics directly to the gallery for this show? I'll post my pics here in a minute, but I just was curious. Thanks!!

twiqz

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Anyone know how to upload pics directly to the gallery for this show? I'll post my pics here in a minute, but I just was curious. Thanks!!

First you need to sign up for an image hosting website(photobucket.com) then once created youll need to upload your images to photobucket. When you have that done you can post the pictures by clicking on the 'insert image' icon when you go to sent your message, it will ask for the url that the picture is in. Photobucket.com will provide you with the url once the picture is uploaded....

My questions however seem to be going unanswered :cry:, "Was there anyone else in the PIT for this show? I was wearing the twisted logic tour shirt in the front...I remember we had some funny situations with people trying to cut in front'

-and-

is there anyway to edit video , i recorded the scientist and politikl in from my where i was in the pit(see the picture i posted)...since i just purchased the camera i didnt know that when you tilt the camera vertically it doesnt record it that way...so now i have the 2 (extremely good) videos i have that half way in the show you have to tilt your head to the side :embarassed: . I just need to edit it so that i can flip the part of the song i tilted my camera vertically to. Basically edit that part of the video at a 90 degree angle....

jelynch2

CPer Momma
Coldplayer
Here are some pictures from the lawn...my camera has great zoom...here they are! :D

jelynch2

CPer Momma
Coldplayer
D'oh! Let's try this again...

lh6.ggpht.com/_Ybu-dzOd02E/SiRgcqlvS8I/AAAAAAAAAHk/-UlOWRH7Bwc/s144/coldplay%20in%20pittsburgh%20059.JPG

jelynch2

CPer Momma
Coldplayer
Success!! Here are some more! I'm new to this, so I apologize that they're a bit out of order... Enjoy!