Coldplay are joining 'Red Nose Day' to perform sketch co-written with Funny or Die. To air on May 21

gai

wonder whether they had to clear up all the song titles, lyrics and what not from the bakery before recording. the walls seem pretty barren in this. usually during promo, they are pretty much cluttered with things.

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
Ohh 7 pm central :lol: haha so 6pm pacific then :p

Ah darn 8am on a Friday morning :(

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
wonder whether they had to clear up all the song titles, lyrics and what not from the bakery before recording. the walls seem pretty barren in this. usually during promo, they are pretty much cluttered with things.
Now you mention it does look pretty tidy :surprised: Maybe they moved all of their stuff to the beehive anyway? Or they ordered the poor roadies to clean everything up! :lol:

Batman

Coldplayer
mind you, it will go on for 3 hours! fingers crossed this will be broadcast earlier in the show.
I know. And with our luck Coldplay will appear at the very end of the show :dozey:

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
7 pm central which is like Texas and the middle of the USA, no notice of Pacific as of yet

Jesus my geography is Archaic! Where is Professor Rudy when you need him? I can't believe my Rudz is teaching classes now anndddddddd I am off topic as usual

Batman

Coldplayer
7 pm central which is like Texas and the middle of the USA, no notice of Pacific as of yet

Jesus my geography is Archaic! Where is Professor Rudy when you need him? I can't believe my Rudz is teaching classes now anndddddddd I am off topic as usual
THe earth needs to flat and upright so that we all live in the same timezone lol

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
On the subject of the amount of songs Coldplay have written for this:

I'll quote the extract from the 'A Head Full Of Dreams' summary article below:

Based on previous interviews, it seems like Coldplay have an abundance of tracks in what could be the most 'fruitful' period in Coldplay's career. This is the first time we'll hear any of the songs written (bar Miracles probably). As someone else said, it probably didn't take them long to write these anyway.

A rush of songs to the head!

We know that Chris Martin often gets songs ‘sent to him’ in the middle of the night and it appears to be more regular occurrence nowadays. During an interview with SiriusXM back in August 2014, Coldplay’s frontman told them that he was “loving writing and recording at the moment” and that lots of ideas are coming through, with most of the
writing taking places in the middle of the night. Coldplay are currently in what is set to be their longest writing and record period, as after recording Ghost Stories (from 2013), the moved onto their seventh record straight away. From Chris Martin himself:
We knew we wanted to make this thing called Ghost Stories and then make something else
A Head Full Of Dreams will probably take them over the 2 year mark recording wise. Something they haven’t been able to do in recent times due to the huge scale and time demands of the Viva and Mylo Xyloto tours. Coldplay probably have an absolute abundance of songs but the question will be over the quality of them. The one track we have heard almost post-Ghost Stories era, Miracles is very promising and was named as one of the top Coldplay tunes of 2014 by fans in a recent

theprospekt

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Please don't take these songs any kind of seriously song writing-wise. They have nothing to do with the album. It's only messing around and having a bit of fun.

[Smoke is rising from the houses]

Fifi.Coldplayer42

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Can anyone PLEASE give me a stream link to watch the event. This Hola thing doesn't work. Also the NBC link is not available in my country. I live in UAE BTW. PLEASE HELP

BuckinParadise

Believe in Miracles
Coldplayer
I was told by an American friend the show will be in New York from 8 to 11 pm .

Safy

An Outsider
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
no need to stay awake according to this tweet:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If you're in the US today, please watch <a href="https://twitter.com/RedNoseDayUS">@RedNoseDayUS</a> on NBC and donate! And if not, the Coldplay/GoT sketch will go online later tonight...</p>&mdash; Mat Whitecross (@MatWhitecross) <a href="https://twitter.com/MatWhitecross/status/601509876897083392">May 21, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Batman

Coldplayer
no need to stay awake according to this tweet:

<iframe style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" allowfullscreen="" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
If you're in the US today, please watch @RedNoseDayUS on NBC and donate! And if not, the Coldplay/GoT sketch will go online later tonight...
— Mat Whitecross (@MatWhitecross) May 21, 2015
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
YESSS PERFECT!!
<iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

najohn

Dangerously Attractive
Coldplayer
Can anyone PLEASE give me a stream link to watch the event. This Hola thing doesn't work. Also the NBC link is not available in my country. I live in UAE BTW. PLEASE HELP

The Hola app seems to be set to Arizona's local time zone, at least according to the NBC Schedule section on their site, shows that the show will go live at 10pm.

Not sure if that is the case for anyone else.

If anyone else has a link to live stream, I among many others (I'd assume) would greatly appreciate posting one.

EDIT: Look what I found http://www.gossipcop.com/red-nose-day-live-stream-telethon-watch-video-streaming-online-nbc/

Watching the stream now

najohn

Dangerously Attractive
Coldplayer
The NBC site doesn't seem to have a stream link or video player - am I in the wrong place??
See post above ^^^^

The stream I linked is working, quality is pretty crappy, but most streams are. It might not be like it is, but it do.