Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

GTskilled

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
One question:

Is it really really official, that EtiaW is an headlining LP5 song? Or even a LP5 song?
Because after hours of hearing it, I can say:

Okay, I like this song. Its says something special and you see the "freedom" that Chris Martin meant. But still I hope that LP5 won´t be such a mainstream album.

Also: I would guess it´s just a festival song because it rocks on stage and they played it as a last song on "rock im park". AND there are some things covered from other songs ( the beginning for example ):

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QMKr_EoSWI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QMKr_EoSWI[/ame]

So I can´t believe Coldplay presents a headlining first single of their highly anticipated album, that is just covered and such a pop song.

Another question:

Those new songs which will be played at rock am ring today, do you think they will all be album songs?!

Thanks guys and girls ;)

Phoebeo

Hi. I'm Louise.
Coldplayer
I really want to love Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, but I just don't know about it. It seems so
not -Coldplayish.

GTskilled

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Well as I said. Its a nice song on its own way but its also a kick into the nuts of real Coldplay fans ;)

Fix42YellowClocks

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
After a day of listening I'd give it a 7 or 8. And it could still grow on me more so idk. But it's not nearly as bad as so many people are saying I don't think. It's no 10 like Clocks, The Scientist, Talk or Violet Hill. To the same extent, however, I would definitely prefer it over their pre-Parachutes era stuff and over some of their songs, a la Sparks, ARoBttH, Twisted Logic, and Yes.

It's not the end of the world either way. This new album is going to be amazing, I can feel it. I'm very excited about all the new songs being played at the festivals! It makes me think we could get the album before October. And my favorite part- title and tracklist revealing- is still to come!! :D So that's awesome. There has to be at leasttt 5 or 6 other songs that will be better than this one. I can just feel it. The whole album isn't going to be like this all the way through I don't think! I remember listening to the Viva album the first few times I had no idea how I felt about it. Low and behold it's my second favorite behind ARoBttH. I'm sure it'll be a great release- the more experimental the music is, the longer it takes people to warm up to it- I feel anyway. :p

anacaren08

Up&Up
Coldplayer
After a day of listening I'd give it a 7 or 8. And it could still grow on me more so idk. But it's not nearly as bad as so many people are saying I don't think. It's no 10 like Clocks, The Scientist, Talk or Violet Hill. To the same extent, however, I would definitely prefer it over their pre-Parachutes era stuff and over some of their songs, a la Sparks, ARoBttH, Twisted Logic, and Yes.

It's not the end of the world either way. This new album is going to be amazing, I can feel it. I'm very excited about all the new songs being played at the festivals! It makes me think we could get the album before October. And my favorite part- title and tracklist revealing- is still to come!! :D So that's awesome. There has to be at leasttt 5 or 6 other songs that will be better than this one. I can just feel it. The whole album isn't going to be like this all the way through I don't think! I remember listening to the Viva album the first few times I had no idea how I felt about it. Low and behold it's my second favorite behind ARoBttH. I'm sure it'll be a great release- the more experimental the music is, the longer it takes people to warm up to it- I feel anyway. :p
:D

Yay im excited for festivals and the new album,
I think a lot of people here should focus on looking forward to the new album. Lets move on, looking forward to the rest of the songs :p

Black Rose

Freedom!
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It's a grower, you can imagine it having a singalong at the festival shows.

Although I hope the mix on the youtube video will be fixed to reduce the volume of Chris's vocals

Karencorpse

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It is always good to listen to a song several times on different days before you review it. You get something out of it different at different times you hear it. Their Teardrops song sounds better after you hear it several times like almost any song you listen to. Sometimes you like a song less when you listen to it more times.

johkujii

jjjjjjjjjjj
Coldplayer
I don't think I've posted in this thread today. It's a bit too much for me on both ends of the spectrum.

But I will say that even though I was one of the "Debbie Downers" that had my reservations about this, I took it simply on face-value at first listen...and I quite like it. I still like it a lot of listens later. It has absolutely nothing to do with the reasons I like Coldplay and the lyrics are utter poo, but if it's a song I heard somewhere from some artist I'd never heard of, I'd say "hey, this is super-poppy and fluffy, but I actually like this." It might fall under the category of "guilty-pleasure song," but I'd personally like it anyway. Ergo, there are my reasons for liking it. I'm over trying to liken this band Coldplay has become to the band they once were, personally. I like both for different reasons. I like the old Coldplay for more important reasons, I think, but when I get worried or in doubt, I really just try to take it back to sound alone, separated entirely from band name or genre or history. I'm trying not to consider how I feel about a Coldplay song being liked as a "guilty-pleasure song," but that tact's working for me.

I also said this in another thread: It's poppy and fluffy, sure, and while I'm not really a grand fan of their movement in that direction since [insert date here, it's debatable], and they don't make it easy to be a fan of theirs (especially when you like other ~legitimate~ music), but I've learned not to really expect anything else, and I think I've become more accepting of different styles of music BECAUSE of Coldplay and this board, which includes finding value in a lot of things I would have dismissed as too commercial and crowd-pleasing before.

Now, as for all the discussions and spats about all this, I just implore people to consider the following:
1. An opinion is not a fact, so don't act like it is, please
2. Everyone is entitled to their opinion
3. One song is indicative of nothing in a larger sense
4. If you're really distressed about how this is making you feel about the band or their trajectory or whatever, I just recommend trying to strip away everything but the pure sound and whether or not you have any mote of enjoyment listening to it, regardless of artist or dashed hopes. If you still hate it, completely valid. But I say it's worth a shot.
We should have your bullet points shown as one logs into cping :p
(Very nicely put, Chels :hug:)

EDIT: This is AnnaElisabeth btw, I didn't see that Jo was logged in.

roche714

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i was looking up ritmo de la noche on you tube and the one by the sacados is there.
But there are so many other videos that are called ritmo de ln by many different artists, but sound nothing like this song.any know why..

Id love an answer

Brent

Rudy
Coldplayer
Guys, I think we have the album title. Major Minus.

New song at Rock am.

They always have a title track.

2 words. 2 M's.

Bam.
:D

Juanma

In my Place
Coldplayer
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB-GWZl1fVM"]YouTube - ‪Coldplay- " Every teardrop is a waterfall " Live @ Rock am Ring: Nürburgring, Germany‬‏[/ame] s

roche714

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
so is ETIAW a sample of all of ritmo or just part of it.Im really not musically inclined so it's hard for me to tell

Also so who wrote Ritmo??