Let's Write a Story!

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Will decided to come back on the condition that every decision made would be a group decision and everything would be split between all members equally.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
From then forth, they would meet every afternoon after classes, play music and write new songs together.

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Every night they would get together in Jonny's flat and listen to albums by Radiohead, U2, Oasis and REM.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
After more than a year had passed in this manner, one day, Will came bursting into Chris and Jonny's flat (for they had moved out of the dorm in the meantime and taken up a little, cheap, dingy flat) during a jam session with a huge grin. "I got us our first gig !"

AMDB9

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
"Well, that's great!," said Chris and Jonny simultaneously, "but what are we gonna call ourselves?"

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Guy piped up from the corner "Did you know Starfish have neither brains nor blood?"

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Being shocked that this was the first time Guy had spoken in over 6 months, the band decided to accept Guy's idea

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Chris looked at Guy and laughed "Mate, sounds like you're the one with no brains here. We got a serious problem and you just throw in a random fact instead of discussing with us ?"

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
"No Chris, you don't understand, I was giving you a hint," said Guy as his robot brain had yet to get used to the human language called English.

(Can someone explain why the name of this thread changed for a few minutes?)

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
(What ?! I did not observe that, what happened ?)

Chris reflected. "Starfish...yeah. Um, yeah. Why not, actually ? Jonnyboy, when you make the flyer of our event, type Starfish, right ?"

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
(It said "Random Coldplay Thoughts....Let's Write a Story!")

"Okay Chris!" called Jonny from the other room, "Starfish it is."

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
(Strange, how could that happen ?)

Chris tore the event booking out of Will's hand and read: "Bull and Gate. Ah lovely place that is, I like it. 16th of January. Hm. Wait ! Is it - is it...today's the 6th! Are you out of your mind, Will ? Only 10 days to rehearse ? We're never gonna pull that off !"

Jaytheblue

Another Human Speciman
Coldplayer
After a slight meditation session and a crap load of practicing, they probably weren't ready at all but they sorta felt kinda ready so meh good enough

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
As they finally stood on top of the stage on their big day, looking down on a sold-out crowd mostly consisting of their college friends, Chris began awkwardly introducing themselves as Starfish, rambling on about some other things he could later not even remember, and then finally delved into their first song, strumming his guitar and singing "There goes another day, my friends are telling me that I would be OK, I'm gonna be okaaay..."

Jaytheblue

Another Human Speciman
Coldplayer
Chris was nervous, dear God he was nervous, he even did his little mumbling thing more than a little.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
At one point he even apologized for his hairstyle !

Maaria

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
But as we know, they were able to do the gig at its end anyway. Together, concentrating on the issue, they had worked for days.

(sorry, I am not aware of the real history, so I just continue the story)

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
And so they played a few songs, apologized once again, and left the stage at around midnight, relieved that it had not gone too badly but also with especially Chris being worried if they would ever have a future as a band.

AMDB9

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So Chris thought, "If we want a future, maybe we need another person in the band as our dedicated keyboardist," so he called his friend Tim Rice-Oxley.