Rumoured Coldplay live dates 2015-2016

cheeetaz

Owner of a Phil signed ID
Coldplayer
Makes all sense so far. My bet was coldplay on saturday from the beginning.
The Foo's announcement hasnt changed anything for the coldplay rumours i guess.

Sent via Tapatalk

iSwin

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I was reading this yesterday,

Apparently the 'already-agreed Saturday night headline act' has been told that if Adele agrees to perform she will be the headline act, rather than them.

It got me thinking that this can only be coldplay who would agree to give-away their headline spot because they've already headlined so many times before. She has however said she hates the idea of big crowds and Glastonbury, but she's gna want to come back with a bang [as will coldplay ofc], what better way?

Mixed feelings - penny for your thoughts, guys?

gai

I was reading this yesterday,

Apparently the 'already-agreed Saturday night headline act' has been told that if Adele agrees to perform she will be the headline act, rather than them.

It got me thinking that this can only be coldplay who would agree to give-away their headline spot because they've already headlined so many times before. She has however said she hates the idea of big crowds and Glastonbury, but she's gna want to come back with a bang [as will coldplay ofc], what better way?

Mixed feelings - penny for your thoughts, guys?
actually the article says some booked bands were told they could be playing before adele, not dropping out for adele. no matter how close a relationship a band has with a festival, i would think it is bad business to do that. and coldplay seem like they take playing glastonbury quite seriously, planning for months ahead. think of the pyramid lighting-up trick for example.

anyway, i don't have my hopes up for a glastonbury headlining slot for coldplay. would be a little too soon for the 4th headline. not to mention guy flat out denied they would play glastonbury this year.

Christa42

Irresponsible baby clutching onto aeroplane wing
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I def think Flo, what about Queen or AC/DC?

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Apparently Foo Fighters are the most rock act, so no ACDC, not sure about the 2 other ones

Christa42

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
yeah, but i was thinking they needed an old school rock band (AC/DC, Old/new Queen) but I see your point. but now my mind wanders to Robert Plant. I think i should move my thoughts to the Glas thread but always got to mix it up! I really do think the 3rd headliner will be a total surprise

@AwardChris

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
yeah, but i was thinking they needed an old school rock band (AC/DC, Old/new Queen) but I see your point. but now my mind wanders to Robert Plant. I think i should move my thoughts to the Glas thread but always got to mix it up! I really do think the 3rd headliner will be a total surprise
Prince would be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@AwardChris

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
http://www.noticiasdecoimbra.pt/coldplay-na-expofacic/

According to this Portuguese paper, Coldplay are going to headline a festival on August 1st. No other source so far I believe. It was spotted by @iheartcoldplay on Twitter.
This is a very poor Google Translate, translation of the article.

Coldplay in Expofacic
February 24, 2015
| NDC RESEARCH |

News of Coimbra found that the band "the most successful of the panorama of international music", the organization still does not confirm the Expofacic, are COLDPLAY, so turn to act in Portugal.

NDC know promoter, the muncipal company INOVA, prefers officially unveil the "headliner" an earlier date the party, but we can move forward now that Coldplay will perform in Cantanhede.

This fantastic British band has sold over 50 million records, was in # 1 in the top of several countries and won dozens of international awards such as MTV and Grammy Awards.

Crossing the data provided by the organization and those discovered by NDC research, the main attractions of Expofacic 2015 are:

July 23 - Buraka Som Sistema | DAMA

July 24 - ANSELMO RALPH

July 25 -

July 26 - CAREER TONY

July 29 - MARIZA

July 30 - Natiruts

July 31 - MIGUEL ARAÚJO

August 1 - COLDPLAY

August 2: - XUTOS & KICKS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNRater

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Is it normal summer festival or something bigger? I mean charity event or something?

Green Cap Man

COLDPLAY - PORTUGAL
Coldplayer
Portuguese journal confirms Coldplay at 2015 Expofacic in Coimbra at August 1.

The organization told that they are in negotiations with a worldwide succeeded band. A journal leaked that "that band" is Coldplay and they'll be announced closer to the gig date.

What the organization of the festival told:
"In the year that the event celebrates their 25th birthday, the organization guarantees that this year's headline will be the best ever and they are concluding the negotiations with "the band" that is one of the most succeeded in the world music industry. The name will be revealed soon as negotiation details are resolved.

What the press told:
"NDC knows that the organization, the municipal company INOVA, preferes to release the headline in a nearest date of the concert, but we can already notice that Coldplay will be performing in Cantanhede."

For more info (in Portuguese):
http://www.noticiasdecoimbra.pt/coldplay-na-expofacic/
http://www.noticiasdecoimbra.pt/expofacic-promete-o-melhor-programa-de-sempre-veja-aqui-a-chuva-de-estrelas/

Edit: Sorry. Didn't saw previous posts :/

Christa42

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
A Foodie Festivus?

Green Cap Man

COLDPLAY - PORTUGAL
Coldplayer
The organization of the event denied the rumours. Coldplay won't perform at Expofacic 2015.

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
Not sure this is the right thread, as the rumour is actually for 2016, but here it goes:

Ansa Roma&Lazio
‏@AnsaRomaLazio
#Roma, Campidoglio lavora per #concertone2016,dopo @RollingStone ci si prepara ai @coldplay al #CircoMassimo #musica

https://twitter.com/AnsaRomaLazio/status/575325112905392128

So apparently The Rolling Stones are going to play at Circo Massimo in Rome, and then Coldplay is rumoured to perform there too.

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Updated the first post. A rumoured venue in Brazil.

A few tours to be announced soon, according to Jason Regler. Coldplay a possibility, of course!

Link to tweet

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Testing new electronics AMAZING ! What this space for the next great crowd experience ! so Excited ! Tours announced soon too ! Busy time!</p>&mdash; Jason Regler (@Jayreg1969) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jayreg1969/status/605376415568146433">June 1, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>