Setlist for the LP7 tour

bordanah

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Where's Fix You men? It's like a hymn for coldplayers. And the idea of putting it next to ASFOS is epic.

ChampenJacob

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I think it's safe to say these 12 will be staples next tour:

Yellow,
In My Place, The Scientist, Clocks
Fix You,
Viva La Vida,
Paradise, Charlie Brown, Teardrop,
Magic, ASFOS, Midnight/True Love

ARoBttH14

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Politik NEEDS to come back! I mean...it's only the best song they've ever written right?!

Greengoose

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Here is my thinking in regards to songs to be played

Shiver
Yellow
Politik
In My Place
The Scientist
Clocks
AROBTTH
Amsterdam
Fix You
Lost
VLV
Violet Hill
Paradise
ETIAW
ASFOS
Magic
True Love
God Put a Smile on Your Face
Charlie Brown
throw in 3 songs from new CD7

Its a perfect collection of old and new hits and favourites to please everyone. You could add Spies to this as well, esp since Chris played it at the solo NY show ( The Box )

HurtsLikeHeaven42

Leave A Light on
Coldplayer
I find it too hard now to write a setlist for what I want becuase there are sooooo many songs now for such a small amount if time. And MY PERSONAL setlist would be different to a BELIEVABLE setlist.
All I want to hear before I die is Politik, Shiver, Amsterdam, See You Soon and Everything's Not Lost then I am happy

Greengoose

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
If I could hear Shiver AROBTTH and Amsterdam just one more time live, I would die a very happy girl

whenIlookintoyoureyes

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Charlie Brown, Till Kingdom Come, ETIAW Always in my head, See you soon, Gravity....then I would know I was in heaven!

I keep needing to add to mine cause I forget I have so many favourites - Paradise, UATW, Violet Hill, Politik, Ladder to the Sun, ASFOS....I just need them all really. A lifetime supply...thanks.

Last edited:

grids

I'm not that great
Coldplayer
My thoughts would be as long as Yellow, ETIAW, VLV, and ASFOS are in the setlist - I will love this band forever and ever :D. I'm also expecting they would play some rare songs like The Whisper when they played it in LA for the first time, which that was unexpected but amazing! Maybe songs like Gravity, My Feet Wont Touch The Ground (I loooove this song), Life in Technicolor (This is mad!).. My life would be so complete :D

Ooooh and The Goldrush too lol but I think that is nearly impossible :p

ChampenJacob

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Just realized something ...

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall is obvious to be main set closer next tour, but I think it would fit much better early in the set followed by In My Place! It could be used in the same way as Major Minus on the MX tour, where Chris said hello and welcomed before it. Teardrop's drum outro into In My Place's drum intro flows perfectly.

Start of the set could look like this:

LP7 song
???
- Chris talking -
Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
In My Place

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Just realized something ...

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall is obvious to be main set closer next tour, but I think it would fit much better early in the set followed by In My Place! It could be used in the same way as Major Minus on the MX tour, where Chris said hello and welcomed before it. Teardrop's drum outro into In My Place's drum intro flows perfectly.

Start of the set could look like this:

LP7 song
???
- Chris talking -
Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
In My Place
While I agree going from ETIAW to IMP would work, I think going from Chris talking to ETIAW would.

Lodder

I love penguins
Coldplayer
I would love to see LiT ii, 42 and Politik in the set!

jackparker

Warning Sign in Paradise
Coldplayer
0. Ambient Intro
1. Always In My Head
2. Yellow
3. LP7 Song
4. In My Place
5. True Love
6. Major Minus
7. Politik
8. LP7 Song
9. GPASUYF / 42
10. LP7 Song / O
--- (B Stage)
11. Midnight
12. Us Against the World
13. LP7 Piano Song / Another's Arms
---
14. Charlie Brown
15. Violet Hill
16. Viva la Vida
17. LP7 Song
18. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall
--- (C Stage)
19. Magic - Stripped Back
---
20. Fix You
21. LP7 Song
22. A Sky Full of Stars

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Of course I can't really say a particular setlist prediction is 'wrong', but here are some things i'm noticing.

The setlist is unlikely to start and end with anything other than the LP7 era opener, or at the very least, an LP7 era song. I hate to name names, but just as an example, the previous user (^above me) listed Always in My Head and A Sky Full of Stars as the bookend songs which I think is very unlikely to happen.

Also, when designing setlists, keep this in mind. If they can cut Politik out of their show, no song is safe from being cut.

Lodova

Hate is blind.
Coldplayer
I think (and I hope) that In My Place will get some rest

jc90

Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm on the fence with IMP. The song itself is getting old/repetitive. But the energy that it creates at concerts (the confetti, Chris/Jonny interaction time, etc), is pretty cool.

Batman

My batshake brings all the spam to the yard
Coldplayer
(Chris/Jonny interaction time, etc) is pretty cool.
Marija how could you even think about putting a stop to In My Place, WHERE DO YOU THINK ALL THE C/J PICS FROM THE CHRIS & JONNY THREAD COME FROM D: