This is interesting.

dieselbenz

Up&Up
Coldplayer
it's merely a small sacrifice/strategy made to keep Chris's voice in pristine condition so it can sustain the amount of shows undertaken per week for 2 years.
There were four songs from their first three albums regularly in their AHFOD set (not counting C stage), and they sacrificed one of them. So it's not that small to me. I mean, it's not the end of the world and I understand they're doing the best they can to make everyone happy, and yeah I get that I had many years to hear those songs and it's not their fault I was too dumb to. It's just kind of extra salt in the wound on top of the stuff that's most special to me already being near-irrelevant. For the record I feel much differently about backing tracks, and bits and pieces of vocals patched in; I expect that as part of any large show and it's not news to me at all that they use that and have for a while (so do most bands that size). A whole song lip-synced is a bit different. Like I've said before I can forgive it -- the man runs about a half-marathon every show and that energy is what most people come to see -- but it's discouraging that it had to be one of the dwindling oldies. I'm sure some of the reasoning was it's pretty easy to hide in the lasers and since he's seated and the piano is a bit tucked back, rather than not caring about the song. I dunno, it is what it is.

mfmcgreal

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm sure some of the reasoning was it's pretty easy to hide in the lasers and since he's seated and the piano is a bit tucked back, rather than not caring about the song. I dunno, it is what it is.
That's exactly the reasoning. If you can lip-sync any song in the set, and get away with it, Clocks is it (Up & Up too).

I'm willing to accept this may be a reoccurrence for future tours, however I just hope it isn't Clocks next time around, since well, it's my favourite song.

dieselbenz

Up&Up
Coldplayer
That's exactly the reasoning. If you can lip-sync any song in the set, and get away with it, Clocks is it (Up & Up too).

I'm willing to accept this may be a reoccurrence for future tours, however I just hope it isn't Clocks next time around, since well, it's my favourite song.
I'm holding onto the faint hope they maybe do some shows where they prioritize the musical performance over the acrobatics. Though I do realize if they stay in stadiums, which is likely the most fair thing to allow more people to see them, you kind of need the bells and whistles to make it engaging for everyone in such a huge place. At this point, that's what they're known for and what most of their fans want. Not saying I don't enjoy it, the energy is thrilling and Chris's enthusiasm is infectious. I'm just saying I'd rather they rein it in a little to the point he doesn't have to take a pass on signing one of my favorite classics. But yeah, I'd settle for it just being done on different song than Clocks next round. I should be careful what I wish for, though ... watch it be The Scientist, my very favorite, next. :joy: The answer is probably in the future I should try harder to keep my head in the sand, lol.

Roadie42

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Some of the tour's official Screen Projections actually contain the rehearsal audio without crowd which I guess was recorded indoors and not on stage. I guess I could compare those with the live audio. If their phase matches and the vocals are canceled out then most possibly Chris pre-recorded some vocals for the tour as a worst case scenario. It's pretty common these days.
Could you please share them?

Vittorio Penna

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Some of the tour's official Screen Projections actually contain the rehearsal audio without crowd which I guess was recorded indoors and not on stage. I guess I could compare those with the live audio. If their phase matches and the vocals are canceled out then most possibly Chris pre-recorded some vocals for the tour as a worst case scenario. It's pretty common these days.
I'm also very curious about the official screen projections... do you really have those videos? :)

Vittorio Penna

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I'm also very curious about the official screen projections... do you really have those videos? :)

nowayme

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Unfortunately for undisclosed reasons I am not allowed to share them. Im sorry sorry for that.

Gsilva

Start again a little higher........
Coldplayer
Unfortunately for undisclosed reasons I am not allowed to share them. Im sorry sorry for that.
Do you happen to have the tv videos from the viva tour?

aaronm360

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Ah man:pensive: Are they in the form of a backing track synced up to the video? I'd be so interested in any information whatsoever you're willing to disclose!

The Adversary

Weapon of the Future
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
2 years later and the tour finished this still bugs me a bit.

nowayme

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Ah man:pensive: Are they in the form of a backing track synced up to the video? I'd be so interested in any information whatsoever you're willing to disclose!
It's just somekind of soundboard (?) recording with the prerendered part of the projections. Some are either black screen or in the case of Clocks it's just a red screen. There's also the footage that tells you to strap your Xyloband on with the audio being played while showing that.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
It's just somekind of soundboard (?) recording with the prerendered part of the projections. Some are either black screen or in the case of Clocks it's just a red screen. There's also the footage that tells you to strap your Xyloband on with the audio being played while showing that.
Oh wow !!! These look so beautiful :heart_eyes:

Roadie42

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Are you secretly Ben Miles? LOL. In all seriousness though, is this something we could easily find online if we searched hard enough or do we need some inside connections?

nowayme

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Are you secretly Ben Miles? LOL. In all seriousness though, is this something we could easily find online if we searched hard enough or do we need some inside connections?
I doubt any of them is online, all of the staff members involved just list their works instead of previewing them. In order to get those I bet you need to know people and have a very good trust relationship with them since all of them are watermarked so they can control leaks. I would post them but I don't want to break anybody's trust with me or bring C&D drama on this forum since I bet the companies behind them would get extremely upset if those would leak and they would go in strict lawsuit and punish mode. (happened before with an other artist)

aaronm360

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I doubt any of them is online, all of the staff members involved just list their works instead of previewing them. In order to get those I bet you need to know people and have a very good trust relationship with them since all of them are watermarked so they can control leaks. I would post them but I don't want to break anybody's trust with me or bring C&D drama on this forum since I bet the companies behind them would get extremely upset if those would leak and they would go in strict lawsuit and punish mode. (happened before with an other artist)
That’s fascinating! At least there is a clean audio channel from the Made in America festival that has the Clocks pre-recorded vocals