✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

interestingly the person who received this letter thinks it's fake

edit: I think it's real because Everyday Life was one of the song titles in the website source code and I can't imagine a troll being so hardcore they'd follow all the rumours and leaks and then pen a whole ass letter to a random fan

I think it’s real too! Their signatures look real and it feels like something they would do, to be honest!

• Like 3

I think Coldplay would never write a letter like this, badly typed with so many explanations of how they feel. And why write chris, jonny, guy and then Will Champion's full Name? They wouldn't write from hibernation either. It's not their style.

• Like 1

interestingly the person who received this letter thinks it's fake

edit: I think it's real because Everyday Life was one of the song titles in the website source code and I can't imagine a troll being so hardcore they'd follow all the rumours and leaks and then pen a whole ass letter to a random fan

It may be real. Signatures look the same as on this setlist:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.charitybuzz.com/images/81272/original.jpg?1384612758

• Like 2

I think Coldplay would never write a letter like this, badly typed with so many explanations of how they feel. And why write chris, jonny, guy and then Will Champion's full Name? They wouldn't write from hibernation either. It's not their style.

Well.... Everybody has been banging on about this album being "experimental". So maybe the fact that it's "not their style" alludes to that.

That's the way I decipher the letter as well. Both Sunset and Sunrise come out 22 November :) :)

I doubt it, To me it looks similar to what U2 did with Songs of Innocence (2014) and Songs of Experience (2017) Two companion albums, one of which revisited their core sound, the other more experimental.

It could very well be an interesting way for Coldplay to

compound both aspects of their discography and fan base. First LP an Oldplay album and the second one a stadium pop album that they tour on.

Then again could all be fake.

• Like 7

I disagree. It sounds exactly like the ramblings of a mad man (ie Chris). The tone of it is reminiscent of the little notes they used to post on their website.

• Like 5

I certainly think its real, very similar to what we saw last week with random fans getting sent the framed picture?

That guy wasn't just a random fan, but the founder/admin of a Dutch Coldplay facebook group. That's most likely why they sent it to his work instead of his home address. Is the woman who received this letter part of the staff of a fanclub perhaps?

• Like 3

I think this is just Chris writing on a type machine, for the sake of the 100 years theme.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Maybe..... but probably not this time around :)

That sounds familiar. "Won't get fooled next time!".

I'm not saying it's fake or not, but I am SHOCKED we're all jumping on the boat so soon after how much we hated getting trolled last time.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

This is so definitely real! The style of writing, the format itself, the fact that hey portable typewriters were invented in 1919.... And it's the coolest way possible to announce the new album!!! Plus, plus, plus, guys, guys....the word going around that the promotion was delayed for a little bit....Maybe because of the letter ?

The uncertainty regarding that kind of announcement makes it even cooler. It feels very Coldplay but next level.

ALSO Double album theory confirmed hehehehehe i can't believe this. This is something that Joel and I were sure of, but I used to think Coldplay would never ever release a double album. I didn't think they would ever take that kind of opportunity. Turns out they just had to free themselves from the first cycle of release, from their first big story (the 1st seven chapters) and then bam they went for it. This is so cool.

The album title is a bit disappointing though, I find it a bit boring for a Coldplay album name haha we are used to much better, much more creative. However the letter and this title definitely also confirms the theory Joel and I had that this album would be like a political commentary on our times.

I am SO, SO EXCITED!!! :dazzled:

• Like 9
  • Love 1