✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

So to summarize:

Album title: Everyday Life, with one half being called Sunrise and one half being called Sunset

Release date: 22 November 2019

Possible songs: Trouble in Town, Daddy, Orphans, Everyday Life, Breaking Down Walls, Sine Spe Recuperandi, That Sister Is My Brother and Conscious Pilot.

Where did those last four come from?

NME is picking this up too...think the letters are real!

https://www.nme.com/news/music/coldplay-tease-new-double-album-mysterious-letter-fans-2559182

Coincidentally yesterday I was trying to introduce my daughter to absolute classics on another double album I hold near and dear to my heart, Guns n Rose's Use Your Illusion I and II (November Rain, Civil War, Knockin on Heavens Door, Live and Let Die awesome cover). I say trying because she wasn't impressed :joy: .

All that to say I typically love double albums so am so here for this!!!!

It's still a bit strange/interesting why they only fully write Will's name. It's like the 4 of them call themselves a 'Champion'. :laughing:

Yes this is strange... Thats the reason for me, Not to jump in the hype train. Normal they Write only their surnames...

• Like 2

Where did those last four come from?

Sine Spe Recuperandi and That Sister Is My Brother have been registered on APRA, Conscious Pilot on ASCAP, but I don't know where is Breaking Down Walls coming from either.

• Like 2

Yes this is strange... Thats the reason for me, Not to jump in the hype train. Normal they Write only their surnames...

Exactly, thanks for pointing that out. Was waiting for another voice to show up. Plus, they almost always have the names in a certain order (alphabetically), and this doesnt seem to follow any order.

Some other things I spotted as well, but i'll leave them for now. Dont want to give a potential troll any tips! lol

• Like 1

1919 was quite different eh? :p

I think it's bc nothing goes through without Will's blessing. :p He gets the formality of the surname due to his power on the team.

There are just some people like that, always known by first and last name. There are a few ppl in my life like this.

• Like 1

Exactly, thanks for pointing that out. Was waiting for another voice to show up. Plus, they almost always have the names in a certain order (alphabetically), and this doesnt seem to follow any order.

Some other things I spotted as well, but i'll leave them for now. Dont want to give a potential troll any tips! lol

I don't trust it. We mustn't get hyped yet. Even the fan who received that letter could not believe it was a real letter written by Coldplay.

I hope it is real though.

I don't trust it. We mustn't get hyped yet. Even the fan who received that letter couldn't believe it was a real letter written by Coldplay.

I hope it is real though.

The fan seemed to have changed her mind, probably convinced by the fans around her.

Yeah, I hope its real too. Im not one to turn down new Coldplay music, but we gotta stay level headed as well. Definitely something to keep an eye on at least. If we start seeing more letter pop up around the world perhaps.

• Like 3

Breaking Down Walls was mentioned by a very well connected discord user. I won't repeat their name because I don't want them to get into trouble, but they mentioned that title and removed the message a mere seconds after they posted it. Several others in the discord have seen the message.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

It won't be a double album in one release.

It will be like Foals' double album (pt 1 and 2) where they split the two albums over time.

DailyStar has been correct so far, so trust them that it's one album Nov 22nd 2019 and another album sometime in 2020.

Financially it doesn't make sense that Parlophone would want to release two CD's in one or two CD's separate on the same day.

Because they would make half the money they would otherwise.

They won't release two CD's in one day because less people overall would buy it as it's a lot of money in one transaction.

And they won't release two CD's in one cheaper package because then they make half the money or if it's the price of 2 albums a lot less people would buy it.

Listen to DailyStar because clearly their source is legitimate.

Coldplay is a band of peace & love, but they are also part of a business.

11/22/2019 can be simplified to 11/22 which can be simplified to 1/2. A half of Everyday Life.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Breaking Down Walls was mentioned by a very well connected discord user. I won't repeat their name because I don't want them to get into trouble, but they mentioned that title and removed the message a mere seconds after they posted it. Several others in the discord have seen the message.

Now, that doesn't mean it's legit, does it?

I used to think Coldplay would never ever release a double album. I didn't think they would ever take that kind of opportunity...

Every real band actually should release at least one double album in their lifetime, IMO.

Think I'll love this, as I dig double albums a lot.

• Like 1