✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

This letter is confusing, is the expirimental album called Everyday Life were the first half is called sunrise and the other sunset? Is one of the supposed two albums called sunrise and the other sunset? Or is the supposed second album not happening and instead we're getting a double album?

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

This is so sick!

LP8 - Everyday Life: Sunrise - Nov 22, 2019

LP9 - Everyday Life: Sunset - TBA 2020

LOVE IT!

Edit: Also this confirms those song titles: "Orphans, Daddy or Everyday Life" are indeed THREE song titles instead of one.

• Wow 1

This letter is confusing, is the expirimental album called Everyday Life were the first half is called sunrise and the other sunset? Is one of the supposed two albums called sunrise and the other sunset? Or is the supposed second album not happening and instead we're getting a double album?

Looking at the practice of musicians who released this year similar kind of double albums, it will probably mean something like "Everday Life. Part 1: Sunrise", "Everday Life. Part 2: Sunset".

Goodness, that's a flaming surprise to get such a letter in the mailbox O_O

• Like 3

interestingly the person who received this letter thinks it's fake

edit: I think it's real because Everyday Life was one of the song titles in the website source code and I can't imagine a troll being so hardcore they'd follow all the rumours and leaks and then pen a whole ass letter to a random fan

• Like 7

woah. now that's a new way of announcing an album!

The way I understand it, it's a double album called Everyday Life where the first disc is called Sunrise and the second disc is called Sunset

That's the way I decipher the letter as well. Both Sunset and Sunrise come out 22 November :) :)

• Like 4

edit: I think it's real because Everyday Life was one of the song titles in the website source code and I can't imagine a troll being so hardcore they'd follow all the rumours and leaks and then pen a whole ass letter to a random fan

I think it’s real too! Their signatures look real and it feels like something they would do, to be honest!

• Like 3

I think Coldplay would never write a letter like this, badly typed with so many explanations of how they feel. And why write chris, jonny, guy and then Will Champion's full Name? They wouldn't write from hibernation either. It's not their style.

• Like 1

It may be real. Signatures look the same as on this setlist:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/images.charitybuzz.com/images/81272/original.jpg?1384612758

• Like 2

I think Coldplay would never write a letter like this, badly typed with so many explanations of how they feel. And why write chris, jonny, guy and then Will Champion's full Name? They wouldn't write from hibernation either. It's not their style.

Well.... Everybody has been banging on about this album being "experimental". So maybe the fact that it's "not their style" alludes to that.

That's the way I decipher the letter as well. Both Sunset and Sunrise come out 22 November :) :)

I doubt it, To me it looks similar to what U2 did with Songs of Innocence (2014) and Songs of Experience (2017) Two companion albums, one of which revisited their core sound, the other more experimental.

It could very well be an interesting way for Coldplay to

compound both aspects of their discography and fan base. First LP an Oldplay album and the second one a stadium pop album that they tour on.

Then again could all be fake.

• Like 7

I disagree. It sounds exactly like the ramblings of a mad man (ie Chris). The tone of it is reminiscent of the little notes they used to post on their website.

• Like 5