✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everyday Life Leak Discussion [SPOILERS INSIDE]

stephen

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to buy the album and listen to it in my car. It's usually in the car that i can really tell my feeling about a music haha

Lol same as me , i only listen to the album twice im going to save it for the car raiding that’s how i can tell if a song is good or not for me XD

• Like 4

Remember, my fellow listeners... we still haven't heard every new song because Flags has yet to leak. I'm really hoping it's as good as All Your Friends and Ghost Story, and honestly I'm confident that it will be after listening to the main album and not being disappointed by a single track.

Something tells me that Flags is a random song they tagged onto the album i.e completely different from all the stuff we’ve heard on the album - maybe something along the lines of Orphans. I would love it if it was a Ghost Story type of indie rock.

• Like 2

Remember, my fellow listeners... we still haven't heard every new song because Flags has yet to leak. I'm really hoping it's as good as All Your Friends and Ghost Story, and honestly I'm confident that it will be after listening to the main album and not being disappointed by a single track.

I hope 'Flags' will be officially released around the world after the exclusive Japan CD.

• Like 1

I listened to the album in my car and it's still wonderful! (Since I watched Once (2007), I always try to make a car test to made up my mind. Everyone should see this movie btw) You can see my latest album ranking after listening to Everyday Life countless times.

1) Parachutes

2)VLVODAAHF

3)AROBTTH

4)EL

5)GS

6)X&Y

7)MX

8)AHFOD

GS and EL might change places, we will see it in time.

• Like 3

1. X&Y
  2. AROBTTH
  3. Parachutes
  4. GS
  5. EL
  6. MX
  7. VLVODAAHF
  8. AHFOD

Thought I'd jump on the bandwagon. We're never going to get close to the heights of AROBTTH and the earlier albums imo but EL is the sort of experimental album I'd listen to in the evening from time to time and play it to cover to cover. I can't say I'm a particular fan of any of the individual tracks so far that I'd listen to them all the time like I do with songs from the first 3 albums but as a whole it's just so different from everything that's gone before and I really enjoy that.

• Like 2

1. AROBTTH
  2. EL
  3. X&Y
  4. Parachutes
  5. VLVODAAHF
  6. MX
  7. GS
  8. AHFOD

This would be mine for now, I really like what they've done with their experimental side on this new album. You can really hear something from every album they've ever made. A lot of Parachutes vibe acoustic songs. Plus the only real POP (Orphans) song on the album has real depth and layered meaning to it while remaining an upbeat song. Which is refreshing compared to Paradise, ETIAW, AOAL, POC and so on.

EL Album favorites: Daddy, Trouble In Town, Orphans, Eko. Don't dislike anything on it.

• Like 2

1. VLVODAAHF

2. AROBTTH

3. MX

4. EL

5. X&Y

6. Parachutes

7. AHFOD

8. GS

I feel like EL would be higher in the ranking if it had more fully formed songs instead of the snippets and choir/gospel parts. I'm just not a big fan of that but I love that they're really doing what they like. And that the album is so diverse in terms of styles, it really is an album to listen from beginning to end.

• Like 1

The stretch from Eko to the end is the best part of the album for me. While I think Trouble in Town and Arabesque are the stand outs in the entirety, the latter end has such a warm feeling that hasn’t been on a Coldplay LP since Parachutes (Or maybe X&Y)

It feels that Chris is just melodically hugging you, begging for you think introspectively and about the wider world. Some great falsetto singing there too. I love it.

Cry Cry Cry sort of breaks that immersion there a little bit. It seems to me that would have been better placed at the end as a hidden closer, it strikes me as a Life is for Living type of song. Song placement is a minor gripe for this album. An absolutely stunning return to form.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Guys... I've been reading these posts and replies, rankings, complaints, love for the album, I'm happy most fans are in agreement that this is one of their greats. But I'm here to ask the real questions.

WHO IS TONY IN OLD FRIENDS?!? WHAT IS OLD FRIENDS ABOUT?!!? Did one of Chris' friends named Tony pass away or something?

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

Wow COTW I just love you lol the more I listen to these songs the more I love them .. this is gonna be an album where with time all these lyrics and different stylings sink in more and more ! I hope they realize they did good with this !

Can not wait to here this all live ! Only a little bit longer to wait !

• Like 1
  • Wow 1