✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

Why not both? I say Space Rock as Space Pop can be included in the same album. Coldplay is capable to fit the two by introducing "bridge themes" like Kaleidoscope, A Hopefull Transmisision, M.M.I.X, or Colour Spectrum. ?

Edited by WskCarlosG
hidden?

1 hour ago, Everyday life said:

Uh Music of the Spheres is going to be space rock/post britpop/and hard rock album theme inspirations of X&Y and A Rush of Blood to the Head and it will going back to rock just like last year on EL, you just don’t know yet but it will be true by the time it comes in 4 months away

I would wish for this true, but at this point I think it's only wishful thinking bordering on the delusional. Also we have no evidence for anything happening on July 10 (other than Parachutes' anniversary of course). Or that something comes in 4 months. That's just based on what the dubious Spheres account said... ?

Personally I HOPE the Max Martin thing is something to do with Los Unidades. Don't want him for Coldplay.

Edited by I ran away
  • Like 1

Mixed feelings about Max Martin...He's produced some really amazing pop songs over the past few decades that feel timeless and cross over mutliple genres -- Taylor Swift, Adele, Ariana Grande, Sam Smith. The Weeknd's great last album was pretty alternative and he worked on that.The guy is clearly very talented and can work within the sound of the artists who hire him. And I'd love to see Coldplay have another top song on the level of Viva La Vida or Paradise or Fix You -- and maybe Max Martin can help hone a modern Coldplay classic for the 2020's. 

But yeah I don't want LP9 to be completely a pop record. I felt the same about AHFOD when stargate was producing but that ended up having pletny of solid rock-ish songs, so IDK. It's so hard to predict what they'll do. I've tried since MX and never have been very close. Their albums combine so many genres at this point that the best guess is that there will be every genre ...

• Like 3

Dudes and Dudesses, 

Max Martin produced Blinding Lights by The Weeknd, that was a MEGAHIT! He also helped with Orphans too. 

Ive actually got a good feeling about a Max Martin produced Coldplay song. Even if some don’t like his producing style, we don’t know for sure if it’s just for one song or all the album.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Jordanator said:

Dudes and Dudesses, 

Max Martin produced Blinding Lights by The Weeknd, that was a MEGAHIT! He also helped with Orphans too. 

Ive actually got a good feeling about a Max Martin produced Coldplay song. Even if some don’t like his producing style, we don’t know for sure if it’s just for one song or all the album.

Here's hoping that they come up with another ...Baby One More Time or Oops!... I Did It Again /s

• Haha 1

Not to crap on the excitement of the band recently updating their logos and some of the symbols on the website.... but to bring in my other fandom, My Chemical Romance updated their logo last fall and advertised "The Return" a reunion tour that's been put off by a year, and they still haven't released any new music....

So while the EL era seems to be officially over, I don't think we have any new evidence of a new era popping up in the coming weeks. Hopefully I'm wrong. But they won't release new music unless they can tour it and given that 2020 is basically erased from the calendar, I wonder if they won't actually be able to tour until 2022, which would push new music back to 2021. 

5 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

Not to crap on the excitement of the band recently updating their logos and some of the symbols on the website.... but to bring in my other fandom, My Chemical Romance updated their logo last fall and advertised "The Return" a reunion tour that's been put off by a year, and they still haven't released any new music....

So while the EL era seems to be officially over, I don't think we have any new evidence of a new era popping up in the coming weeks. Hopefully I'm wrong. But they won't release new music unless they can tour it and given that 2020 is basically erased from the calendar, I wonder if they won't actually be able to tour until 2022, which would push new music back to 2021. 

Nope, I'm sure there will be a new album this year, because if there was a new album next year, they wouldn't have ended the Everyday Life era this year, they would have done it in 2021

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, there's a new account in Twitter who as published some things about Music of the Spheres, song titles and song lyrics It is not known if it is real or a simple troll https://twitter.com/musicajourneys?s=09

But here is the song titles:

**Journeys**

**North Star**

**Twenty Four**

**Everything Ends And Everyone Dances** (My favorite)

**Interstellar Travel**

**Radio Silent**

1 hour ago, WskCarlosG said:

If I made a tracklist to pass it off as legitimate I would do this:

1. Constellation
2. Rescue St.
3. Moonlight
4. Silver Bird
5. The Race
6. C.K
7. Music of the Spheres
8. Infinity
9. Silent Radio
10. Milky way

??

The race, first single, Moonlight, the 2nd, MOTS the third and the 4th, Infinity. Rescue ST and Silent Radio as promo singles.

What if...MOTS is a concept album. 1 unreleased track from each album, now finished. So 8 tracks in total, or 9 if there's a brand new SPHERES track. They could be finished from older versions, completely rerecorded or a mixture of both. A journey through the Coldplay sound.

FYI I am well aware that this may have been said elsewhere, I'm only just contributing to this convo ?

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2

30 minutes ago, Yes? said:

What if...MOTS is a concept album. 1 unreleased track from each album, now finished. So 8 tracks in total, or 9 if there's a brand new SPHERES track. They could be finished from older versions, completely rerecorded or a mixture of both. A journey through the Coldplay sound.

FYI I am well aware that this may have been said elsewhere, I'm only just contributing to this convo ?

I think this its possible ... It combines very well with the MOTS symbol and also the thumbnail in some videos on the YouTube ... But would be mainstream, like already have been said?

• Captain Crieff changed the title to 🪐 Coldplay: Music of the Spheres 🪐 | Out Now! | Discussion
  • Captain Crieff changed the title to Coldplay LP9 Rumours | Music of the Spheres | Vol. 1 released 15 October 2021
  • stephen pinned this topic