[09-2020] Coldplay to perform live @ Global Citizen Festival 2020

How many songs from CP's new album are they going to perform live at Global Citizen Festival 2020?

• Less D:

Votes: 2 16.7%

Votes: 7 58.3%

Votes: 2 16.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • More =D

• Total voters

Gideon_Mx

Everyone sees the colour in each other's eyes
Coldplayer
It's officially announced by Global Citizen that Coldplay (/Los Unidades?) are going to perform at one of the Global Goal Live events! Woo-hoo =D
Global Citizen Festival 2020's global goal events start from September 26th (more dates to be announced).

This thread is to announce and discuss their 2020 appearance, performance.
It could be a fun to see a discussion about a potential setlist for this performance next year. I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks. Will they be playing some CP songs, Los Unidades songs, new songs?
There might be a chance that we will get to hear brand new songs because the event takes place in a new decade of course. We'll find out next year.

There are currently 312 more days to go before the event starts.

Read more here:
--> https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/metallica-billie-eilish-miley-cyrus-and-more-global-citizen-891160/
--> (Official Global Citizen announcement via Twitter)

Let's start the . . . .
COUNTDOWN! (it's actually working now)

(Timezone: GMT +00:00):

P.S. It seems like the most suitable place to post this thread, if it's not then please put it in the right place dear moderators =D

Last edited:

Gideon_Mx

Coldplayer
We're getting closer to 342 days before Coldplay's confirmed performance at Global Citizen's Festival in 2020, so keep an eye on the countdown ^^^
I will try to keep this thread updated till the day when Coldplay's performance will take place.

Gideon_Mx

Coldplayer
New poll added, check the 1st post.

''How many songs from EVERYDAY LIFE are Coldplay going to perform live at Global Citizen Festival?''

Last edited:

Gideon_Mx

Coldplayer
I think there will be many more Coldplay shows before this and possibly even another album in the works come this gig :rolleyes:
Thanks for commenting! I completely agree with this.
Btw, it's nice to see you around here :grinning:

There's a new poll, make sure to submit your vote if you haven't voted yet!

Last edited:

Zero Theory

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Thanks for commenting! I completely agree with this.
Btw, it's nice to see you around here :grinning:

There's a new poll, make sure to submit your vote if you haven't voted yet!
Nice to see you as well! I'd love to be as active as I was a couple years back, but my time has been swallowed up by a new job.
. . .
I wonder, will this be a full 20+ song set? I certainly hope so. But we are a long ways away haha. It's very likely that they play even newer songs beyond LP8 by the time that gig rolls around, and sort of brush LP8 to the wayside by then. It really depends what the other dozen songs sound like on Everyday Life (some are quite short and some are not really suited for a big live show, like Guns). But at the very least they will play Orphans. I wish Arabesque too, but I'm curious how that song will work live (guess we'll find out in a little over a week!). And I'm sure there will be another 1-2 songs on the album that emerge as hits that will be staples at live shows for the foreseeable future.

Gideon_Mx

Coldplayer
UPDATE:

1st post has been updated.

314 days left, time flies!