[1-Oct-2011] Coldplay @ Rock in Rio Festival, Rio, Brazil

SarahSchimidt

Music is the weapon of the future
Coldplayer
A lot of websites are saying it was the best Rock in Rio concert, beating up Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Stevie Wonder and Guns and Roses.
Even the poll in Rock in Rio's own website :wideeyed:

I must say that Chris' portuguese improved very much from last year, haha :p
As he said, there were 4 new words, thats a lot:laugh3:

More pictures for you guys:

Heitor, Paula, Amanda, Livia and I with the wonderfull Will

After the concert with my setlist

Dicoldp

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Wow, what a beautiful box you made! I'm not surprised you won with that! Well done :thumbsup:
The meet'n greet must have been such a great experience, you'll remember it for the rest of your life!

Thanks very much for sharing this story with us :D
This box is marvelous!! We were so happy he won the competition 'cause he really deserved it!

Congrats again, Diego!!!

I'm very proud of your work and happy you got a proper reward :dance:
Thank you all for your kind words! :heart:

Diego, you were so lucky! I'm very proud of you for doing this wonderful box and I'm happy that a true Coldplay fan won the competition. And Chris loved it, of course!
Keka, congratulations! I'm very glad that you met Chris! I already knew it, but the fans' reports and media coverage just confirmed that he's a true gentleman as he showed his boundless kindness. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Diego, I'm also very happy that you won that contest. It was truly deserved! And thank you again for making our crew and friends part of that dream. You could've simply gone to meet the boys and have the time your life, but you did not only this, but cared to include us. Thanks again!

Edit: Thanks Iaga too for your lovely review! Hope everything was fine again after you passed out!

Thanks girls!

I read all the stories, very nice!

ps: Paulinha your photos are amazing :eek:

maria_shiver

FixChris & ChrissyGirls
Coldplayer
I dont know if this is the right topic, but I'd like to share this with the fans here.

A day before the Coldplay gig at Rock in Rio here in Brazil, I had the chance to participate of a Meet & Greet with Coldplay. I won a competition in which I had to create a creative gift for them. Here the picture of my present. It was a mockup inspired by Mylo Xyloto.

How was it done?

- Shoe Box
- Fabric paints (White, Black, Pink, Yellow, Blue, Green and Red)
- Some papercraft (credits below)
- Some designs made by me
Credits: City concept Made by Joel http://madebyjoel.com/paper-city
Credits: UFO and Tree Design Made by Josh http://enjoypapercraft.blogspot.com/

When the great day arrived I was very anxious. First because it was the day I would meet the band that most influenced my life and shaped who I am today. Second, because I did not know how to act in front of them.

Well, they stayed at the Hotel Fasano in Rio de Janeiro where it happened the Meet & Greet. I went through a corridor to reach the hotel bar where was playing a new song from Mylo Xyloto. I could not identify which song it was or if it was some of what we already knew, but it was a very beautiful music! Closely resembles the old Coldplay.

They left the music playing around for 60 seconds, in this time the song consumed me in a way so beautiful! Not only for her incredible tune, but because of the moment I heard. I can not wait to hear the complete song. Probably will become a special song which I will carry for the rest of my life. For the description of the reviews that have left over the new album, I think I can be Up With the Birds.

Here comes the big moment. They split the guests into two groups, for some autographs and photos. My group was the second to meet the band. Guy was the first to come to me, I was ecstatic! Inside I was anxious, nervous, I can not explain what I felt at the time, but it was a feeling of extreme happiness. Will and Jonny also came to me.

Chris was the Last to sign my X & Y. When he arrived and saw the box in my hand and said "this is awesome or nice", it was when I remembered that I had something in hand to deliver.

He finished giving autographs to the others and return to get my gift. He liked it so much! I was so happy! He gave me some compliments and thanked my work. He called a person who is named of Andy and asked that she bring this to his room, "Andy, this going to my room." Then we went to take photos with the group. Goodbye to everyone and we left the hotel.

obs:It was not allowed to enter with the camera, EMI took the photos but I have not received yet.

I wanted to say so much things to them, was so little time. Inside the box was a letter that my friend Suzana Fong wrote. She wrote in the name of the entire team of our fan site here in Brazil. But I wish I could tell more things for them. I think they understood how much I worked hard to stand beside them and all my love for Coldplay is there in that box. It's curious because I'll never see this box again, is there in somewhere with them.

Who knows when I'll have another chance to be so close to them again. The next day I was with much anticipation to watch their gig at Rock in Rio and of course I was there. It was an amazing gig and everyone is out there talking about. The highlights of the presentation were the incredibly reception with the new songs, especially with Paradise. When Chris ask to the crowd to jump in Charlie Brown it was fantastic all synchronized with the music, amazing!

Old songs charmed the entire audience. It seems that in every song people corresponded with the same excitement of the band, a sync with the band and audience that we never seen before. The end with Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall was indescribable. I left there exhausted (more than 10 hours waiting to Coldplay) but it was very worthwhile. All the bands did a great job, Maroon 5, Skank, Frejat and Maná.

I will never forget this weekend.

Diego Luiz

ps: Sorry if my English is not so good, I'm still learning rsrsrs...
Great!!! felicidades Diego!!!

Bella

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Phil was so sweet to us. Whe we told him we came from Argentina he said he lived there (we already knew that) and signed our Argentina Flag.

My friends and I get off the plane from Buenos Aires heading to the hostel, but as it was too late and we were anxious and excited we went straight to the hotel where they were staying. Thanks God! otherwise we would have missed Phil :)
H talked to us for a few minutes, signed things and we took photos and he sais that the guys may go out at 5 pm. So my fellows and I ran to the hostel, left our thing, took a break and went back to the hotel. We kept on singing Coldplay songs for them and also waited for them to go out. While waiting two great things happened. The first one is that Jonny and Chris went out the balcony to say HI to us.. this moment was so adhslhvalkshvlkh and my ♥ filled with joy because at least they did that to say they cared about us. They are so sweet.
The secound one is that Miller went outside to film the fans singing. Paula, Sara, Livia and many other were singing thei hearts out. My friends and I were singing in a timid way, because we suck at singing, but he filmed us too with the Argentina flag. That moment was Epic.

We waited for so long and it was getting cold. And I thought they will never go out. Buy Finally Jonny, Will and Chris went out and they kindly signed our stuff and we could take photos of them. When I said Chris we went from Argentina only to see them, he look at us in surprise and said: WOW! Really? and How are you?
he is very sweet, and tall :p
Jonny signed my journal and I said the same to him. I also said: Jonny, NEVER STOP SMILING!!
And he looked at me right in the eye and answered: I won't, and smiled
my ♥ melted, for real. I always knew he was sweet and his smile was powerful, but now I strongly believe that the world is a better place because of his smile. :wacky:
Finally Will came to us. And I told him I admired him very much. That is all I could say, because otherwise I would have broke into tears. I really admire him. Coldplay won't be the same without him. He is always so protective of Chris....
I asked him to take a picture of us and he said yes, but another girl came and took my place, so I waited. in that moment Chris appeared on my right again (I tought he left already) and I asked him for a picture. He accepted and I waited because he was with another person. So Now, I have Will on my left and Chris on my right. Will grabbed my camera and this is the result:

I am so grateful. I love them 45273573543573573574 times more now!!

GUY, BEWARE! I'm coming for ya! ♥
Mel excellent pics, thanks for sharing the experience ... Great that you could share with all of them!!!! :clap:
what a pity you couln't see Guy, I see you are so fan of him as I am.

Thanks for sharing and congrats again!!!!

suzanafg

Stand tall, bipedal ape
Coldplayer
Thank you very much, Mel, Paulinha and Li for your photos and reports. I loved reading them and seeing them!

I'm very, very happy for you girls who got to meet them =) They must've felt very welcomed. Well, well done!

And Phil is right. You do sing beautifully!

Li, Paulinha and Sarah you all look gorgeous in those pics!

And thanks, Diego for sharing these pictures. Chris looks specially handsome and happy in the last picture^^

Thanks again everyone for sharing your experience here!

Arantza

Live in living color
Coldplayer
I don't know if this has been posted before, if it has I apologize.

According to some newspapers here, Coldplay and Maná got together "to drink tequila and share stories".

hps

happy?
Coldplayer
I dont know if this is the right topic, but I'd like to share this with the fans here.

A day before the Coldplay gig at Rock in Rio here in Brazil, I had the chance to participate of a Meet & Greet with Coldplay. I won a competition in which I had to create a creative gift for them. Here the picture of my present. It was a mockup inspired by Mylo Xyloto.

How was it done?

- Shoe Box
- Fabric paints (White, Black, Pink, Yellow, Blue, Green and Red)
- Some papercraft (credits below)
- Some designs made by me
Credits: City concept Made by Joel http://madebyjoel.com/paper-city
Credits: UFO and Tree Design Made by Josh http://enjoypapercraft.blogspot.com/

When the great day arrived I was very anxious. First because it was the day I would meet the band that most influenced my life and shaped who I am today. Second, because I did not know how to act in front of them.

Well, they stayed at the Hotel Fasano in Rio de Janeiro where it happened the Meet & Greet. I went through a corridor to reach the hotel bar where was playing a new song from Mylo Xyloto. I could not identify which song it was or if it was some of what we already knew, but it was a very beautiful music! Closely resembles the old Coldplay.

They left the music playing around for 60 seconds, in this time the song consumed me in a way so beautiful! Not only for her incredible tune, but because of the moment I heard. I can not wait to hear the complete song. Probably will become a special song which I will carry for the rest of my life. For the description of the reviews that have left over the new album, I think I can be Up With the Birds.

Here comes the big moment. They split the guests into two groups, for some autographs and photos. My group was the second to meet the band. Guy was the first to come to me, I was ecstatic! Inside I was anxious, nervous, I can not explain what I felt at the time, but it was a feeling of extreme happiness. Will and Jonny also came to me.

Chris was the Last to sign my X & Y. When he arrived and saw the box in my hand and said "this is awesome or nice", it was when I remembered that I had something in hand to deliver.

He finished giving autographs to the others and return to get my gift. He liked it so much! I was so happy! He gave me some compliments and thanked my work. He called a person who is named of Andy and asked that she bring this to his room, "Andy, this going to my room." Then we went to take photos with the group. Goodbye to everyone and we left the hotel.

obs:It was not allowed to enter with the camera, EMI took the photos but I have not received yet.

I wanted to say so much things to them, was so little time. Inside the box was a letter that my friend Suzana Fong wrote. She wrote in the name of the entire team of our fan site here in Brazil. But I wish I could tell more things for them. I think they understood how much I worked hard to stand beside them and all my love for Coldplay is there in that box. It's curious because I'll never see this box again, is there in somewhere with them.

Who knows when I'll have another chance to be so close to them again. The next day I was with much anticipation to watch their gig at Rock in Rio and of course I was there. It was an amazing gig and everyone is out there talking about. The highlights of the presentation were the incredibly reception with the new songs, especially with Paradise. When Chris ask to the crowd to jump in Charlie Brown it was fantastic all synchronized with the music, amazing!

Old songs charmed the entire audience. It seems that in every song people corresponded with the same excitement of the band, a sync with the band and audience that we never seen before. The end with Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall was indescribable. I left there exhausted (more than 10 hours waiting to Coldplay) but it was very worthwhile. All the bands did a great job, Maroon 5, Skank, Frejat and Maná.

I will never forget this weekend.

Diego Luiz

ps: Sorry if my English is not so good, I'm still learning rsrsrs...
WOOW !

Can u upload some pictures of the gift in larger resolution?

Teco

Open up your ayes
Coldplayer
Rock in Rio owner states that Coldplay performed the best show of the festival

http://www.correiodoestado.com.br/news/no-balanco-pos-rock-in-rio-medina-detona-elton-john-e-axl-ro_127794/

What was the best surprise and great disappointment of the festival?

The best was Coldplay. They made the show of their lives. The big revelation for me was Stevie Wonder, who catched even the young. Catching me is obvious, but the kids... Caught, busted! Katy Perry was sensational, but I expected that from her. The big disappointment was Elton John, no doubt. He did this same show in Portugal now, it was crazy! He sang for nearly three hours, raised... And in Rio he was professional, correct. But sometimes, you're wrong-headed, is not well that day.

Deirdre

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
^ CUTE PICTURE! :dazzled:

Reading all those stories makes me happy. Thanks all. :nice:
Me too, thanks for sharing :happy:

And I forgot to ask the last time I posted here: what mean the words written on Chris's shirt, the one he wore for the encore?

lili_pt

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Me too, thanks for sharing :happy:

And I forgot to ask the last time I posted here: what mean the words written on Chris's shirt, the one he wore for the encore?
His t-shirt said "Rio eu amo eu cuido" which means "I love and take care of Rio"

Paulinha coldplay

In a permanent state.
Coldplayer
Thank you very much, Mel, Paulinha and Li for your photos and reports. I loved reading them and seeing them!

I'm very, very happy for you girls who got to meet them =) They must've felt very welcomed. Well, well done!

And Phil is right. You do sing beautifully!

Li, Paulinha and Sarah you all look gorgeous in those pics!

And thanks, Diego for sharing these pictures. Chris looks specially handsome and happy in the last picture^^

Thanks again everyone for sharing your experience here!
Suuu! You disappeared!! Ohh, thank you so much!! :nice:

Li_cold

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
^ ditto that! Thank you very much, but still, we did not sing beautifully at all :p I wish you were there too, I wish we can go to a Coldplay concert together next time. :)

Thank you for the nice comments, guys! :nice:

SarahSchimidt

Music is the weapon of the future
Coldplayer
Soooooo this is a video of when the boys came out of the hotel :D
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZC3OMpFzngc&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL"]Coldplay & Fãs - YouTube[/ame]