A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

Kingzilla

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I don't know where you get your informations or where you live but here in the US, ASFOS sent Ghost Stories to #1 and it stayed there for quite some times. Yes the preorders took the song to #1 but the preorder effect was gone after the first day and ASFOS managed to stay #1 for almost 2 more days and it's still in the top10 on iTunes. It's also on path to outsell Magic before the end of the month.
The fact that the band didn't perform ASFOS on Jimmy Fallon was a pretty bad move but I think that had more to do with the band being tired (they played 2 shows the day before and they had to tape those performances the very next morning) They probably didn't have the energy to perform ASFOS which is understandable.
And with the Target and NBA commercial set to air in the next week, this song will do amazing.
ASFOS has the potential to become one of their biggest hits.
I hope so man. I just haven't heard it on the radio or know anyone talking about it. And I live in Vancouver Canada, so most things big south is big up here.

mayrn43

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I hope so man. I just haven't heard it on the radio or know anyone talking about it. And I live in Vancouver Canada, so most things big south is big up here.
Yeah I live in Vancouver too. Haven't heard it on the radio once (but Magic has been on a lot at least)

sheryar90

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Same for Toronto. I've been checking the playlists of the big radio stations here (virginradio, kissfm, chumfm) and none of them have played it even once I think. Even The Edge fm, which plays a lot of alternative rock, has only been playing Magic :S

4cat

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Targets announcing the winners right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blockflote

We'll be glowing in the dark!
Coldplayer
Even with the MX tour, fans were doing the 'oh oh ohhh's before/after concerts as a kind of coldplay-fan-identifying war cry.
I die with the coldplay-fan-identifiying war cry hahahaha!

K

kmm1482

Do you guys think that this song is as good as Viva la Vida?
Not even close. VLV didn't sound like anything else on the radio. There's hundreds of songs that sound just like ASFOS on the radio. VLV rocketed and stayed at the top there for a loooong time. It was a cultural phenomenon and was a #1 hit in America. It's also lyrically better and the composition is better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nature

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This track should have been on MX not GS, i think this track doesnt fit in the rest of GS, because most of the other tracks are lowtempo.

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
Why is this on the album? I'd much prefer the songs that sound better as a live performance stay off the albums and be released as tour EPs or hiddens. I just don't get how it relates to the rest of the album apart from 'it's singing about someone' and 'upbeat single'

ulwanmokhtar

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I actually thought this song wasn't fit enough to be on the album but being a single is not on the case. It was a superb single, but in terms of album value, I wouldn't say its the best. Still, I enjoy ASFOS and I'm looking forward for the MV. It's gonna be pretty awesome!

Rvs_009

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The more I listen to the album in its entirety, the more I irritate this song. It doesn't flow, it kills the mood. It's the first time I completely agree with the critics. Placing the song Ghost Story on this place in the album would made everything so different.

Blue Nails

Im
Coldplayer
Why is this on the album? I'd much prefer the songs that sound better as a live performance stay off the albums and be released as tour EPs or hiddens. I just don't get how it relates to the rest of the album apart from 'it's singing about someone' and 'upbeat single'

I agree. It's like they forced themselves to do a happy song to please the crowd when they go on tour. It feels out of place, especially between Oceans and O. It might have worked on MX, next to ETIAW (makes skipping easier as well).

I mean on an album about heartbreak, you would expect a happier song still being kind of sad. When someone you love leaves you, you may get drunk, sleep with other people and be rebellious for a while, but you still wouldn't be happy.

But I'm biased because I dislike the song in general, even if it was a separate track.

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
Happy can be done in a way that isn't shrilling about it, I think it's just that part of the synths that stuffs it for me

ladypro615

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
this song is good but dont fit with the rest to me. shouldve been a bonus track but im sure itll do well on the charts

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Weakest track on the album, doesn't fit. Too techno/dancy/Rihanna-like for me.

I really want to hear the acoustic version of this though.

Kingzilla

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yeah, but what happened to this song being the next Viva. I mean, not quality wise, but even just sales wise. Tbh, now looking back, one of the reasons I liked this song was because I thought it was going to be big. Perhaps thats a poor assessment to a song, but now the song has become worse to me.

chasing_something

Brenda Charles
Coldplayer
Yeah, but what happened to this song being the next Viva. I mean, not quality wise, but even just sales wise. Tbh, now looking back, one of the reasons I liked this song was because I thought it was going to be big. Perhaps thats a poor assessment to a song, but now the song has become worse to me.
I feel like maybe that's why the song flopped. IMO, this song doesn't have much depth and is pretty generic. It's a good pop record, but I somehow knew the song wouldn't do well because it just sounds like any other pop song.