Could Yes be in some kind of weird way be about Pedophiles in your point of view?

Lauve

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hmm...what's for sure is that Yes is inspired by Venus in Furs (Velvet Underground with Lou Reed) and that was about SM love/sex !

I am glad Coldplay made their own interpretation so that today we have a song to enjoy the hypnotic sounds again- and with Chris's voice so low:dizzy2:

Both songs allow to experiment the feeling - where is the border between pain and pleasure ? is it more of a kick to resist temptation or to fall for it ? there is no set answer - everytime you're on the edge, the question awaits you and yourself, in that unique moment.

Chris already told us a lot about love, and light. It helps. ;)

james.xy.blunt

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Maybe the song is about young boys who like young girls.

If you examine & analyse the lyric of the Fix You b-side The World Turned Upside Down, the rabbit trail ambiguously ends & starts there:

What is this little thing that I've seen before?
A little boy lost in a breaking storm
Hide & sob, away they fly
Some write your name in the summer sky
Life has only really just begun
Life that comes & everything under the sun

Or maybe these two songs is about Jay Z or Kayne West when they were kids growing up in America. Anyway I'm of to have some Breakfast...

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer

Also, I am most definitely sure the term Indie means to use was ephebophilia NOT pedophilia.

james.xy.blunt

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
You didn't make it to heaven: but you made it close...

To simply uphold the righteous name of Chris Martin. We don't want people to misconstrue his ideology & mawkish romance...

james.xy.blunt

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
For you I'd wait till Kingdom Come unti my day is done. Say you'll come, & wait for me, just say you'll wait, & set me free...

Hmm, maybe Chris Martin (CM) is? Next time you see him with a hood sweatshirt on the bus, he could be one of us, or a stranger on the bus...trying to make His way home, with Gwenyth Paltrow (GP) calling on CM's cell phone - telling Chris, cum home now my darling: we've got some conversation to do, & a lot more action...

H

howyousawtheworld

It's not about Paedophilia!! Whenever does he mention that this is a child he's singing about??! Why would Chris Martin write about paedohilia?!

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
Which is why I said it is more likely to be ephebophilia than pedo, also you've just raised a month old thread from the dead with nothing interesting to add, nice job

Jettelag

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Who knows if it is about pedophilia? I recently found out that the melting clocks picture by Salvador Dali could be about his Oedipus Complex. But more than that I think this song is just about trying to get a girl because nobody loves you.

Infogatherer

Come back and sing to me
Coldplayer
From my view, I have zero thought about it what so ever. I think it has to do with pedophiles.

miss_g

Coldplayer...OHH YEAHH!
Coldplayer
Nah doesn't come across to me as being 'pedophilic' (if that's a word) just sounds like straight out forbidden love/lust w/e you wanna call it.

Coldplero

Coldplayer or Coldplero?
Coldplayer
A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE END OF THE WORLD AND THIS THREAD IS ALIVE!

We should ask the oracle about this song, now I have the doubt, someone ask the Oracle!
"Hotplay"... ironic name for this thread!

Cobalt

OH SUCH THE SHAME!
Coldplayer
that was a different image before, no idea why it's a QR code now

oh well leaving it in now