Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

O (reprise) - your review

Sparky

Turn Your Magic On
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I am compiling an ultimate Coldplaying fan review of Ghost Stories.

It will be posted on the main site shortly after the best review for each song on the album is picked, your name will be listed in credit should your review be chosen! Closing date is Monday 26th May

Get your writing fingers ready! Good luck! :)

You can also vote in the poll too, out of 10 which will be interesting as its usually only when a pre-album single is released.

lennyrott2

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
If the song O and MX had a baby, and the song was produced by The xx, then the result would be O (Reprise). I enjoy it immensely. I prefer the original O for its more minimal approach, but this is a great rendition as well that I only wish was longer.

Lodova

Hate is blind.
Coldplayer
"O (reprise)"
I actually like this more than O (not Fly on). But both are great album closers. I hope we will get chance to hear it live someday.

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
After hearing this version of "O", one asks itself: Why this one did not feature in the album instead than the other? Probably it was because it has a more edgier and rockier sound than the normal one. These features, in my opinion, just lift the song. Jonny's guitar at the beginning is fantastic and Guy's bass goes with it perfectly. Those angelical voices singing "Don't ever let go" with Jonny's riff behind is the best way for the album to finish. I love this one so much because it is Jonny all over the place instead of Madeon's sound and electronic music (which still features a bit in this one) on the regular one. Delightful to hear.

8/10.

Nature

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The sound of this one is so much better then the original from the album, this needed to be something like 5minutes and should have ended the album.

getithom

Baby blue.
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I don't enjoy this one as much as the one that closes after O, but it's still mesmerizing to listen to. I constantly look for good, ambient writing music and it seems O (Reprise) and O (Part 2) are soon going to be added to my playlist.

3.5/5

Harondor

Aiming my arrows
Coldplayer
The guitar intro reminds me Mylo Xyloto (the song) !

Jaes

LP6
Coldplayer
I really enjoy O (Reprise), better than O for me.