Thoughts?

Famous Old Painter

KICKS LIKE A SLEEP TWICH
Coldplayer
Strangely there isn't a thread on this here yet.

Love it, definately better than the album version! Wish they'd used it instead.

YellowBellyScientist

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It was said in an interview that, they did not use this version on the album because when the band showed it to someone, he said that it was no doubt, single material, so the band said well that isn't what we want from this song on the album and the decided to release this version at a later time. Which is now!

Outrune

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
personally i think LIT2 is a MASTERPIECE
I'm absolutely giddy and can't stop listening to it!

Interesting how the Hopkins sample (Escapist) is completely absent.

Marisa

A light lit upon a beach.
Coldplayer
They really got it right. LIKE BULL's EYE.

I can hear Will telling Chris..... " no no let's wait to put it on the EP. The fans won't know what hit them!" And Chris is bouncing around the room pleading " ahhh come on!!!!!"

When played live, LIT1 is epic. now with the lyrics, I'm sure it would become my favorite live track ever.....and that's crazy!

craigweb

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Gotta play Devil's Advocate I'm afraid. LITii would have been better with the airy Eno esque embience at the start ala LIT.

Plus, Chris Martins lyrics for the most part are just words that rhyme, so I appreciated LIT cos' musically it was genius.

RadioMad

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
They should consider releasing it as a single after all.
It could be just as big as Viva La Vida was.

The Escapist

Lindisfarne
Coldplayer
THis song is awesome. It is also unique, not better than the first version but still epic

gib786

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
If I had to use one word to describe it, it would be fantasmical. Really hope they play this at the uk gigs cos its one AWESOME song

H

Hyperfried

Absolutely marvelous recording... Really loving the energy, and, well, everything about it.

The only thing I wish is that it had begun similar to LiT 1 with the Light Through the Veins sample, then transitioned into the beginning of LiT 2 that LiT 1 shares, and then come in with the lyrics. Maybe an extra 30 seconds of intro, to me, would've made this perfect.

Lyric

Lymphocytic
Coldplayer
My opinion could change in the future once everything sinks in, but as of now, I find it to be beautiful and amazing and breathtaking. :]

kj91

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I just love it. This has got to be my favorite Coldplay song as of now. It has everything :D

Offtopic; I woke up with LiT II. It was being played on 3FM ( Dutch radio station ) around 8.50 am local time :D