Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why do you love Ghost Stories?

nathondetroit

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
8) I've been an ASFOS apologist from the minute it came out, sure, it's produced by an escandinavian DJ and EDM star but it never stops sounding like Coldplay, there's this recognizable Coldplay sound to it that makes me giddy every single time i listen to it, i can't help but dance every time the song comes on, i love it.
Haha I love the title "ASFOS Apologist"! It does feel like a daunting task sometimes, explaining why Coldplay have earned the right to do that song.

I think the biggest idea people have to grasp to appreciate modern music is the path every band takes to get to their present sound. I feel that without a strong back catalog of rock songs, bands haven't really earned the right to mess with synthesizers and electronic drums. I'm sorry, but Kid A wouldn't be Kid A without Pablo Honey, and MX & GS wouldn't work without Parachutes and Rush of Blood. Bands that start there just don't have the depth or raw emotion that comes with these great "modern" records.

Nature

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Well, this has become my fav Coldplay album for sure, it's the most visual album they made, it's almost like a movie without the visuals. Only Oceans and O arent really great in my opinion, but every Coldplay album has one or 2 weak tracks.

I wish the whole album had the style of Always in my Head, in my opnion now the best track Coldplay ever released.

WeddingDom

Such a heavenly view
Coldplayer
I love it so much, it's really well crafted (except for the uneven "O"). I've been listening to it at least 2 times every day since the iTunes First Play (almost two months ago!).

RayaBadran

Another music addicted
Coldplayer
I think that every song has its own uniqueness that just suits extremely well with the concept of Ghost Stories: they all recount a different story in different styles (different genre, for example, ASFOS is different from Always In My Head) and they are conveyed in a haunting but welcoming way... And as I have read earlier, the opening and the closing of the albums are brilliant: Always In My Head is a great way to introduce the listener to the album while O is a great way to close it. The songs are plain and this is what makes them special in my opinion. Anyways, I love it, it's on repeat here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I love Ghost Stories because I think it is honest. I may feel that it is my least favourite album from my favourite band, but that isn't saying much. They took risks, for better and for worse, but you can tell no matter what, track to track and as a cohesive album, they were honest. Chris' lyrics are sometimes cringe-worthy, but if that is what he wants to say then more power to him. It is overall quite subtle, chill and surprisingly sexy. Even if you can't stand some of the tunes (I am with you), you can't deny the honest emotion, and that is what I love about Ghost Stories.

nasir017

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
i love it because it make me excited and excitement makes me happy.

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Because it snowed in my town last night, and when I played the album, I realized it is very very wintery :) A far better album for the winter than for the summer!

nvdmm

Oldplayer. Too Oldplay
Coldplayer
Because it snowed in my town last night, and when I played the album, I realized it is very very wintery :) A far better album for the winter than for the summer!
Very good point! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the posts guys keep them coming.

whenIlookintoyoureyes

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I love Ghost Stories soooo much because it is so real and so raw.

I won't use a labyrinth of words to describe it other than to say it is just 'simply breathtakingly beautiful'. It is so layered and textured yet so simple. That to me is true genuis in art.

And for the simple fact that it pulls at something deep within my heart every time I listen to it. That's when you know your experiencing something very special.

Nature

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
This really is their best album, the atmossphere is so good.

EC-JTR

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Because is a very good álbum, with new sounds and, of course, great and very nice songs. A step ahead, not a repetition. This is a very important detail in a rock band career.

PCGamesKing145

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Cold and ghost stories are awesome because they also provoke to be coward and my best wishes is to play ghost games that provoke to beat ghosts at one time :)