Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Will Ghost Stories be Coldplay's shortest album?

lennyrott2

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Now that we have the official lengths of four tracks on Ghost Stories, it seems that the album has the potential for being Coldplay's shortest. If we take Magic, Midnight, Another's Arms, A Sky Full of Stars and Always In My Head (assuming it is about 3:30 like the live version) that only adds up to around 21 minutes 30 seconds for over half of the album.

Coldplay has never gone under 40 minutes for an album (the closest being Parachutes) and if we were to divide those nineteen remaining minutes between the four songs, that is about 4:45 per remaining track. Does this seem possible given the more restrained nature of some of these Ghost Stories songs we have already heard? Will the album be under or just above 40 minutes, or will it surprise us with some longer tracks making it more normal?

My hope is that songs like O and Oceans reveal some hidden jewels like we have heard in Lovers In Japan/Reign of Love, Yes/Chinese Sleep Chant, or Everything's Not Lost/Life is For Living, which would stretch them out a bit. Or perhaps a more concise album at this point would make sense if the band does indeed plan on releasing another in 2015. Thoughts?

HurtsLikeHeaven42

Leave A Light on
Coldplayer
I think your right in thinking it might be Coldplays Shortest . It may not be by much but it probably still will be. I really hope hidden tracks are in this album because I miss those ones, we didn't get any in AROBTTH and MX. I would also like at least one Ghost Stories B-Side somewhere

joseki

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I don't care if is 35 minutes or 55.

Inviato dal mio GT-P3100 utilizzando Tapatalk

gai

i can't remember the site, but one europian cd selling website had the length as 43mins. i can definitely see that happening.

Revolverwin

Strawberry Swing
Coldplayer
I really don't care about the album's length. A short but cohesive album is much much better than a long dull album

Prospector

Rafael
Coldplayer
Theire albums seem to be getting shorter since Viva, I think it will be around 40 and 45 minutes (maybe still longer than Parachutes, but shorter than MX)

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Looks like we have our answer

My hope is that songs like O and Oceans reveal some hidden jewels like we have heard in Lovers In Japan/Reign of Love, Yes/Chinese Sleep Chant, or Everything's Not Lost/Life is For Living, which would stretch them out a bit. Or perhaps a more concise album at this point would make sense if the band does indeed plan on releasing another in 2015. Thoughts?
Good fucking call there, lol