🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

To be honest, I personally never understood why people say that Coldplay has terrible lyrics. They aren't the best, but they certainly aren't bad in my opinion.

I think ASFOS has average lyrics but it has better lyrics than just about any other EDM song I've ever heard. Compared to a lot of popular music nowadays, often Coldplay's most simple lyrics are still better. They aren't cliche sex, drug, and party lyrics like so much is now.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whoa, so much garbling on one page. The Mumbai meat ban adjusted for Chris (bc vegetarian fare would remind him of Gwyneth :D??!! Holi going to be relocated to when the single comes out ? Come on, this guy clearly is a Coldplay hater.

That has gotta be the stupidest article I have ever read about Coldplay. What a fake. Clearly, he is making up facts based on idiotic interpretations.

Well everyone, I'm back.

Here's a bit of interesting information. Apparently Chris is bringing an artist from India to perform at the Global Citizen Festival. The festivals have been known to have surprise collaborations like in last year when Beyonce showed up to perform with Jay-Z, will this artist from India perform with our very own Coldplay given the fact they were just there. Hmm, seems a little far-fetched but you never know.

"He called Ed Sheeran, he called Beyoncé himself, he even travelled to India with us to find an incredible artist that we're going to be showcasing on stage at the festival"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2015/09/12/global-citizens-festival_n_8112074.html

That'd be very interesting to see happen with Coldplay!

Yeah. Proof is an example of where awful lyrics still can make a good song because of the emotion, sound and melodies behind it. Also, I believe that simple lyrics in itself are not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes the simplest lyrics can express the strongest feelings, and better than more convoluted ones. I love the vagueness in Coldplay lyrics, making it possible for everyone to relate to them in an individual way.

That's what I love about Coldplay's lyrics. They aren't too great, but the vagueness in them is something special. People can attach their own meanings to the song which I find interesting. I personally hope that Coldplay keeps doing this. Not making like awful lyrics, just having that vagueness to them so you can attach your own meaning. Most fans love that and that's a part of the reason that me (and a lot of other fans) have been a fan of Coldplay for so long. (For the record, even though I joined only a few days ago, I've still been a fan for quite a while. I just didn't get around to joining till now. :P)

To be honest, I personally never understood why people say that Coldplay has terrible lyrics. They aren't the best, but they certainly aren't bad in my opinion.

I do agree for the most part, but if you listen closely to some songs you just facedesk at the lyrics that they're that bad. That's not the case in most Coldplay songs but in Coldplay's "In My Place" here's some lyrics that are just horrible:

"Yeah, how long must you wait for him?

Yeah, how long must you pay for him?

Yeah, how long must you wait for him?"

It's an amazing song, one of the best Coldplay's ever written, but the lyrics right there are just horrible. Fortunately the song makes up for it and that's why it's still amazing.

I'm wishing they will use some indian influence since they made that version of Strawberry Swing at London Paralympics Closing Ceremony... there was a man who played sitar

[video=youtube;JzFX3WfP9jA]

Magical. That sitar player is so boss. Probably one of my top 5 Coldplay performances.

Magical. That sitar player is so boss. Probably one of my top 5 Coldplay performances.

Oh frick that Paralympics Coldplay concert makes me all emotional, iT WAS SO TOUCHING :bigcry: (IMO it was one of the best Coldplay concerts ever, everything was freaking magical)

I'm wishing they will use some indian influence since they made that version of Strawberry Swing at London Paralympics Closing Ceremony... there was a man who played sitar

Yeah! That version is amazing! Not only with the addition of the sitar, but also the rest of the orchestra was amazing. I hope Coldplay will do a project with a big orchestra in the future. Hopefully the upcoming album, but I'm afraid they won't. Just doesn't fit with the expected art concept.

I had a weird dream last night about the album track-listing...

I dreamt that Coldplay released the names of all the tracks but there was a twist.

The album revolved around the story of a couple's relationship and there were 2 sections on the track.

The first section of the track was the perspective of the man.

The second section was the perspective of the woman.

They had some song names in it like "Moments" and "Heaven".

Can't wait for the first single!

Probably my favorite performance of SS. I love the orchestral intro and the sitar is awesome. Then Jonny comes in with the riff with a bit of distortion while Chris sings "They were sitting..." while actually sitting with the Paraorchestra. Such a great moment.

I had a weird dream last night about the album track-listing...

I dreamt that Coldplay released the names of all the tracks but there was a twist.

The album revolved around the story of a couple's relationship and there were 2 sections on the track.

The first section of the track was the perspective of the man.

The second section was the perspective of the woman.

They had some song names in it like "Moments" and "Heaven".

Can't wait for the first single!

That's actually pretty funny that those were the two track names you remember... I believe that there was the Indian word for moments (I can't recall the name), that was floating around as the name of a Coldplay song that might have got scrapped... And Heaven is a song that Chris Martin wrote with Avicii! That would be so cool if your dream was right though

Well everyone, I'm back.

That'd be very interesting to see happen with Coldplay!

That's what I love about Coldplay's lyrics. They aren't too great, but the vagueness in them is something special. People can attach their own meanings to the song which I find interesting. I personally hope that Coldplay keeps doing this. Not making like awful lyrics, just having that vagueness to them so you can attach your own meaning. Most fans love that and that's a part of the reason that me (and a lot of other fans) have been a fan of Coldplay for so long. (For the record, even though I joined only a few days ago, I've still been a fan for quite a while. I just didn't get around to joining till now. :P)

I do agree for the most part, but if you listen closely to some songs you just facedesk at the lyrics that they're that bad. That's not the case in most Coldplay songs but in Coldplay's "In My Place" here's some lyrics that are just horrible:

"Yeah, how long must you wait for him?

Yeah, how long must you pay for him?

Yeah, how long must you wait for him?"

It's an amazing song, one of the best Coldplay's ever written, but the lyrics right there are just horrible. Fortunately the song makes up for it and that's why it's still amazing.

I'm pretty sure the actual lyrics are "how long must you wait for it"

Probably my favorite performance of SS. I love the orchestral intro and the sitar is awesome. Then Jonny comes in with the riff with a bit of distortion while Chris sings "They were sitting..." while actually sitting with the Paraorchestra. Such a great moment.

Wow yeah, I never though of that!

That performance is really special. Watching it again today made me tear up for good. Weirdly it's especially the guitar outro that gets to me. So heart wrenchingly beautiful.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Does anybody believe that the next single will sound like Miracles? I would like a melody like this.

[video=youtube;7atDQreame4]

I think I'd drown myself in my own tears if they ever released something as bad and plastic sounding as that again.