✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion

stephen

I think Max Martin is best for Coldplay right now. There's a reason why he's so successful and a lot of people don't actually realise exactly why. He might seem like a pop producer and pop songwriter, but he's so much more. He actually started in rock music and his versatility is actually limitless, in studio he is allround great, because he is actually good at engineering and mixing too, but he doesn't do that much himself anymore.Β I think it's a great opportunity for him as well to work with a band and prove through Coldplay that he's very versatile. And it's very important they have someone who's got hunger to produce.

Brian Eno on the other hand is a bit different producer, he has produced a LOT for different bands already. I wouldn't exlcude him working again with Coldplay, but right it's probably not in their minds. Brian Eno has produced for U2 on several occasions and he has always capability to bring something new, so who knows what future brings.

• Like 5

To be honest, I think it's too early to judge how well this collaboration with Max Martin worked out. Personally, I believe he's great at what he does, there's a reason for his immense success. That alone doesn't make him and Coldplay a dream team in my eyes though. On Coloratura it worked out very well, on HP less so (probably it's more his involvement as songwriter than producer that I'm not a fan of).

I'd be surprised if they worked with Brian Eno again, or any of their other producers. If they want to keep evolving working with different people would make sense, in terms of their producers as well as their art directors etc. Β 

• Like 3

We all speculating about vol. 2 but we shouldn't trust them about second parts of projects. Many of them are not became real. How We Saw The World Part 2, Mylo Xyloto 2 (This was so popular rumour in that time), Mylo Xyloto Comics Vol. 2 (Comics has Vol. 1 writing in them). So it can named something different or some elements can be used in another project, naming something Vol. 1 and then releasing Vol. 2 is not Coldplay's style sadly. But i hope i'm wrong in this one.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, driftaguy said:

They do have the live version of Death Will Never Conquer

And the live version of In My Place. I think he got to sing Don't Panic too during the AHFOD tour.

But it'd be so great for Will to sing on a studio track. I hoped he'd sing Champion of the World when the song title was first revealed.Β 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, 42Escapist said:

And the live version of In My Place. I think he got to sing Don't Panic too during the AHFOD tour.

But it'd be so great for Will to sing on a studio track. I hoped he'd sing Champion of the World when the song title was first revealed.Β 

Will Champion of the WorldΒ 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I was listening to that snippet Chris played on Clubhouse (?) and I think the song in question is Let Somebody Go. The lyrics sound like post-break-up stuff and the title gives me vibes of when you love someone but the relationship doesn't work, so you need to let that person go because it's the only way to make them happy.

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Revolverwin said:

Just pre-ordered the limited edition CD ???

The shipping costs way more than the item but I'm really looking forward to it!

IMG_20210725_101223.jpg

Nice! Here's hoping it doesn't take forever to ship. I ordered the EVERYTHING bundle (I'm now broke), so got my fingers crossed.

• Love 1

Okay, so normally I go completely crazy about everything Coldplay related. I always pre-orders albums in the officlal shop, even though I usually get the items a few weeks after release. And I always order the limited items, even though my experience is that 'limited' is not so 'limited' at all. For me, limited is like 1000 copies, or something. Not endless amounts that are still available after a few years.Β 

So. This week I was taking some time to decide which verions to pre-order: the regular vinyl, because I actually prefer the blue color, or the limited vinyl, because, you know, it's limited. Even though I like the regular color more.Β 

Now I'm finally ready to pre-order the double vinyl: limited and regular version, only to discover the limited one is sold out. Nooo.Β So now I'm finally getting a little more matureΒ and less hysterical, this is what the universe sends me? Next time I will go full crazy fangirl againΒ ?

#problemsofacoldplayerΒ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bauk said:

Okay, so normally I go completely crazy about everything Coldplay related. I always pre-orders albums in the officlal shop, even though I usually get the items a few weeks after release. And I always order the limited items, even though my experience is that 'limited' is not so 'limited' at all. For me, limited is like 1000 copies, or something. Not endless amounts that are still available after a few years.Β 

So. This week I was taking some time to decide which verions to pre-order: the regular vinyl, because I actually prefer the blue color, or the limited vinyl, because, you know, it's limited. Even though I like the regular color more.Β 

Now I'm finally ready to pre-order the double vinyl: limited and regular version, only to discover the limited one is sold out. Nooo.Β So now I'm finally getting a little more matureΒ and less hysterical, this is what the universe sends me? Next time I will go full crazy fangirl againΒ ?

#problemsofacoldplayerΒ 

I just checked and it's not sold out. Where are you ordering from?

Regarding Will, I'd really love to hear a Coldplay song where he sings lead vocals, his voice is so beautiful and, at the same time, so different from Chris's. I've been hoping for a duet between them since "Princess of China", when Will had asked to sing Rihanna's part.

Maybe in the future it will happen!

By the way, I've heard an interview in which Chris recalled that some timeΒ in the late '90s he and Will went busking, singing "Mrs. Robinson", and were stopped by the police! It would be lovely to see them perform that song together!!

• Like 5

Since this new album's title is "MUSIC OF THE SPHERE'S VOL. 1", you have to wonder if there is truly a "Vol 2" in the works. I hope some one interviewing Chris in the wake MOTS's releaseΒ asks that question. Also, I'll be looking at that booklet that accompanies the CD very closely now to see if there are any clues as to what their next album might be.Β ?

Edited by rono3849
  • Like 3

Hey guys. Sorry for not being here that much these days.
Just wanted to say I'm very excited about Music Of The Spheres!

'Coloratura' is a beautiful song! Can't wait to hear the rest of the new album.
Certainly gonna buy it on CD and vinyl.

Edited by andrewsky
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, Xyloband_99 said:

We all speculating about vol. 2 but we shouldn't trust them about second parts of projects. Many of them are not became real. How We Saw The World Part 2, Mylo Xyloto 2 (This was so popular rumour in that time), Mylo Xyloto Comics Vol. 2 (Comics has Vol. 1 writing in them). So it can named something different or some elements can be used in another project, naming something Vol. 1 and then releasing Vol. 2 is not Coldplay's style sadly. But i hope i'm wrong in this one.

I'm ok we should wait and not get too hyped already, but MX was never called part1 or vol1 so I guess this time it will mean something for sure. there are so many clues now, that it will be weird otherwise. We just have to wait patiently and see...?? coldplay style can change, they like trying new stuff

• Like 1

• Captain Crieff changed the title to πŸͺ Coldplay: Music of the Spheres πŸͺ | Out Now! | Discussion