✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Track 07 - People of the Pride | Music of the Spheres | Music Video Out Now!

Coeurli

POTP! It's a weird coincidence. I guess it's possible the melody or something from WOTW/POTP gets resused? We'll see. It's a weird song title.

This tracks is probably the one I feel most nervous about based on the snippet. Full disclaimer, I'm a huge fan of heavy rock music -- including metal, punk, hardcore, etc. I also just love general indie rock music that incorporates lots of guitar effects and solos and easy-going vibes.

This style of rock however, the Muse-esque turn-up-the-fuzz and play a repetitive pompous rhythm is not my jam. Now Muse has some real barn-burners and I think that band has usually been able to sell their over-the-top style of rock, especially on their last album. I just worry Coldplay is not the right fit and it might feel like they are doing a bad impression. It already sounds a little bit like an ad for Applebees, or a car commercial, or a bud light commercial that gets stuck in your head purely because its very repetitive. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, lennyrott1 said:

POTP! It's a weird coincidence. I guess it's possible the melody or something from WOTW/POTP gets resused? We'll see. It's a weird song title.

This tracks is probably the one I feel most nervous about based on the snippet. Full disclaimer, I'm a huge fan of heavy rock music -- including metal, punk, hardcore, etc. I also just love general indie rock music that incorporates lots of guitar effects and solos and easy-going vibes.

This style of rock however, the Muse-esque turn-up-the-fuzz and play a repetitive pompous rhythm is not my jam. Now Muse has some real barn-burners and I think that band has usually been able to sell their over-the-top style of rock, especially on their last album. I just worry Coldplay is not the right fit and it might feel like they are doing a bad impression. It already sounds a little bit like an ad for Applebees, or a car commercial, or a bud light commercial that gets stuck in your head purely because its very repetitive. 

I sort of share this feeling but am optimistic. Sometimes Jonny plays super repetitive solos - eg people LOVE his solo in True Love because yes, it has the most sexy heartbreaking bends of any Coldplay song, but also he just plays the exact same thing twice. I also find songs like In My Place pretttttty repetitive. But perhaps these are a symptom of Chris or the band's collective songwriting choices. But of course we know Jonny's capable of technical greatness when you listen to HLH and Up&Up.

That is to say, I hope something really big or unexpected happens in this song, like a huge guitar solo, or a bass solo, a radical style change in the choruses. That's why I enjoy early Muse songs that really *go* somewhere like Stockholm Syndrome or Newborn. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^Love that optimism and thanks for sharing! I too will hope for this. There's at least got to be a chorus on the song and I also suspect we'll get some sort of solo from Jonny! I also really, really hope that it's a crazy technical solo like Up&Up, HLH or even Major Minus which is just really intense and distorted. 

And even if I don't love it, the flip side is that it's cool Coldplay is delivering a rock song in 2021 and trying a new vibe on. Who knows, maybe it'll be one of the top tracks! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

^Love that optimism and thanks for sharing! I too will hope for this. There's at least got to be a chorus on the song and I also suspect we'll get some sort of solo from Jonny! I also really, really hope that it's a crazy technical solo like Up&Up, HLH or even Major Minus which is just really intense and distorted. 

And even if I don't love it, the flip side is that it's cool Coldplay is delivering a rock song in 2021 and trying a new vibe on. Who knows, maybe it'll be one of the top tracks! 

I think that’s why I love Coldplay.

Forever fearless to try new things! Even if they don’t stick, their courage and creativity is just amazing.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

It’s a very good live song. Super heavy and different — so much that it exhausted the boys after they played it. Chris made Johnny restart AOAL three times. 

also doesn’t really have a chorus — or the chorus is the super heavy portion lol. I think folks will like it though I can’t see myself constantly repeating 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Miha said:

This is crazy - one portion of song is directly from demo "Man who swears" from 2006. 2006!!! 

Yeah, I think that the song in terms of lyrics would have been perfect for VLVODAAHF. However I like this heavy final version, definitely something they've never done before.

Probably they'll get a lot of criticism for this reason, but if they hadn't experimented that much over the past years, they wouldn't have come out with something like Coloratura, or certain songs on EL ep

• Like 1

Wow, that's a great and unique sounding song. In contrary to My Universe, which is playing it quite safe and be a simple K-Pop hit.

I got a feeling that it's one of those songs, which could become a surprise hit, if someone gave it a chance. It's rhythmically really catchy and full of unique memorable twists and sections.

Love this production of rhythm sections and Will's big sounding drums and Chris has really thought through how to perform it... Those moves are just ridiculously authentic and cool.

Can't wait to hear the studio version. I'm afraid it will be probably less raw and softer han live version.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, CP-EST said:

I got a feeling that it's one of those songs, which could become a surprise hit, if someone gave it a chance. It's rhythmically really catchy and full of unique memorable twists and sections.

I would love if the song randomly went viral, it's perfect for capitalizing on the current pop rock trend (Good For You, Happier Than Ever, etc.)

• Like 2

• stephen changed the title to Track 07 - People of the Pride | Music of the Spheres | Music Video Out Now!
  • stephen pinned, unpinned and featured this topic