AMERICAN CP fans here: i didnt see an American thread so im adding one myself!

chueko

Viva La Siesta!
Coldplayer
exactly....

but i said it's that i don't like them calling themselves america :p

rayman

lol wut
Coldplayer
Also sounds a wee bit awkard, no? American works just a smidge better.

Generally, I've used America to describe the United States, and The Americas to describe this side of the world. Makes sense to me, anyway.

Lore

Up&Up
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I hate whenpeople call America to the United States..

America is a continent!!!

lunar1126

beyond the dying light
Coldplayer
This thread really got off on the wrong foot! :lol: I understand the confusion - why doesn't a mod just change the title so that everyone's happy?
Yeah it is a bit pointless since the whole idea behind the International section is so that people can feel comfortable talking in their own languages, but it wouldn't hurt to have an United States thread...
Any other Oregonians out there? :p Rah rah rah, best state ever! :D

Darlene_Ihnfsa

Rising
Coldplayer
This thread really got off on the wrong foot! :lol: I understand the confusion - why doesn't a mod just change the title so that everyone's happy?
Yeah it is a bit pointless since the whole idea behind the International section is so that people can feel comfortable talking in their own languages, but it wouldn't hurt to have an United States thread...
Any other Oregonians out there? :p Rah rah rah, best state ever! :D
you are right, please any mod should change the title of the thread.. i see no problem why there shouldn't be a United States of America thread...

palicorrei

a waste of space
Coldplayer
Aww, c'mon folks, no need to fight over whether or not the fact that America is the United States is technically correct. We all know what the thread author means. :)

And Pallavli, *sigh* yes, back in the good ol' days when Mr. Bill Clinton was president.

'Nuff said, Arizona represent. :cool:

winigwl

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
we had this same arguement in another thread that i made. my problem is, i know there's a word for it in spanish (estadosunidense i believe). but we don't have a word. all we have is american

chueko

Viva La Siesta!
Coldplayer
we say 'estadounidense'
when we say 'americano' we talk about all america (waht you call the americas) ;)

but that was an old story :p

palicorrei

a waste of space
Coldplayer
Yeah, we even use it here in the States, in the Hispanic community. We say "gringos", too, which is quite popular. :p

Chavi

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
isnt "gringos" a bit pejorative ?
we say Etats-Uniens in French not really common though.

BTW, I'd love to go there!