Arabesque - Sunrise

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Has there been an era that’s signaled such an artistically drastic turn as Everyday Life has brought so far? Arabesque is absolutely mind-blowing, and I should clarify just the thought of listening to Arabesque again and again and again gets me all riled up. It’s bold, it’s full of energy and life, and it doesn’t hold back on message or sound. The band has done what longterm, new and non-fans assumed was in the past: reinvention. I’m absolutely fucking giddy for the album.
Well you could say the same for Midnight. But that didn’t give an accurate example of how the whole album was gonna be.

I’m really hoping this song won’t be another Midnight and this would just be a one off. Really hope the boys stuck to their guns and had the Sunrise part just as experimental.

Also. I can’t get over how Chris sounds in this song. Makes me swoon.

loco23

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I really enjoy the song but I wish they left the french guy out.

The Jordanator

Swim a river out to the sea
Coldplayer
For me Arabesque has really hit me hard and I am in love. The only thing I disagree with this song and album is explicit content. In saying that, there are clean versions available because I really wouldn’t want the family-friendliness to be lost. And tbh the Chris curses actually make a lot of sense and works well, and is pretty subtle amongst the climax.

Empy

Golden Arrow
Coldplayer
I'm sure Arabesque will be the closing song on the new set AND I CAN'T WAIT
Imagine how mindblowing it will be with an extended section of that closing part just growing and growing with all of us singing "the same fucking blood" at the top of our lungs?
I really hope it isn't. Don't get me wrong, I love Arabesque, but I feel like the only way to do this song justice, is to play it with a live orchestra and saxophonist. If they have to make to with their regular instruments and a backing track for the saxophone and orchestral ending, it is really going to take away from the grandness of the sax solo and ending.

anacaren08

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I have this song on repeat! I vividly remember my first time hearing clocks and Politik and how I got goosebumps. I had not felt that deep emotional impact in a while. I mean there's so many songs I deeply love but to me almost nothing could compare to AROBTTH songs, but Arabesque? It's completely blown me away. I've got goosebumps and it's now one of my all time favorite coldplay songs!

Omg that build up! And I love Chris cursing in the background ha!

Gideon_Mx

Good music lover
Coldplayer
This song's great! Jonny's guitar, so rock-ish. Don't know what else to say about it.... It's so experimental!!! :sunrise:

By the way, this song could have been co-written with Noel. I would not be surprised if it's true. Also, this song fits so well between the songs of his latest EP's, which I liked pretty much!

Last edited:

Gideon_Mx

Good music lover
Coldplayer
I love the ending and it's a really cool song overall but I'm not sure how I feel about the brass section. I think they're getting a lot of credit for something none of them play themselves (maybe this is an unpopular opinion)
I know what you mean Carolina! I share your feeling as well!!!

1der

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
It says on Spotify and YouTube that Drew Goddard co-wrote "Arabesque" and plays guitar on it.

Is this the Drew Goddard, who wrote and/or directed (episodes of) Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Alias, Cloverfield, Lost, The Cabin in the Woods, World War Z, The Martian, Daredevil and Bad Times at the El Royale?

onlylove

Up&Up
Coldplayer
I declared my love in LP8 but I will here as well - as many have stated, that build up and outro is absolutely epic!!!!

I realized after the 50th listen what this makes me think of. If you like brass and rock mixed funky like this, check out Brass Against. They have some really hot covers. I love them! (Link is below...it's just hard to see bc it is white)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMqrWQJ8OYWJ4ZdfqZdeQ

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
My only complain is the sax part. I feel that was a little over the top.
You should check out "National Anthem" by Radiohead :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

I really wish one of the boys had sung the French part. In the first listening I thought it was Jonny
Pff I thought Chris had managed to pick up a second language while not telling any of us :joy: