Champion Of The World - Sunset

Coeurli

#TeamLittleGirlies #GlutenTag
Now that we have the official track list, we can discuss each track individually!

What do you think the 7th track of Sunset/Everyday life part 2 will sound like ?
:moon:

Will has already said he only has backing vocals on this track (in the youtube chat during the Orphans video premiere)... smh

Gideon_Mx

Everyone sees the colour in each other's eyes
Coldplayer
Unfortunately, he just does the backing vocals indeed :(
But I hope he does more of them than he usually does.

tom043

tom
Coldplayer
I’m hoping this song will be a tribute to Queen considering the title and the fact that the recent movie had so much positive impact.

Champion Of The World
We Are The Champions?

maybe im taking this too far heheheh

The Jordanator

Swim a river out to the sea
Coldplayer
This title reminds me of Imagine Dragons ‘I’m on top of the world’ so that’s kinda sound I’m expecting but I guess we’ll see

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Might be a minority here but I'm glad Will isn't taking lead on this. Sorry but he's not a good singer as everyone seems to think he is. He should just stick with singing backup or just a one off at concerts. Lol.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Might be a minority here but I'm glad Will isn't taking lead on this. Sorry but he's not a good singer as everyone seems to think he is. He should just stick with singing backup or just a one off at concerts. Lol.
I think he is a technically good singer but his voice doesn't have the depth or intensity of Chris's. That's why I prefer Will on backing vocals. Although I have to say In My Place Live in Sao Paolo is really beautiful.

shred

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Or this could be the album’s DAAHF to Everyday Life’s The Escapist. Heh.

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
I am really looking forward to this one
I do not know why
But should be great

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
I think this song is my favourite off the album. Great melody and sounds like Coldplay somewhere in between AROBTTH and X&Y !

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
The lyrics certainly are worth examining as well. Didn't catch them all by listening, but they have a darker and lighter side to them (mountainside suicide....and then into the universe with no parachute)

danirl87

Up&Up
Coldplayer
The lyrics certainly are worth examining as well. Didn't catch them all by listening, but they have a darker and lighter side to them (mountainside suicide....and then into the universe with no parachute)
all the lyrics are on genius but some aren't full

Blockflote

We'll be glowing in the dark!
Coldplayer
This song is competing with Everyday Life and Arabesque for the throne of best song of the album, but is growing like wildfire on me!

Does anyone has a vibe from 'Ghost Story' on this song?

Captain Crieff

drinking pink rabbits
Staff member
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Spoiler tag for those who are waiting until the official release, but:

That amazing guitar riff is a sample from Los Angeles, Be Kind by Owl John, the solo project of the late Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit :heart:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ucnvVS7fo

The lyrics are hitting me extra hard now, as I'm sure you'll understand if you know his story. Fuck.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Spoiler tag for those who are waiting until the official release, but:

That amazing guitar riff is a sample from Los Angeles, Be Kind by Owl John, the solo project of the late Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit :heart:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ucnvVS7fo

The lyrics are hitting me extra hard now, as I'm sure you'll understand if you know his story. Fuck.
Wow.
I can't help be a little bit disappointed that this isn't Jonny playing (so little Jonny on this Album already...), but I absolutely love this riff and now this gives the lyrics of the song (that I could already relate to a lot) SO MUCH more weight.
:sweat: