Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Coldplay To Perform "Viva La Vida" @MTV Movie Awards

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
I'll try and upload it to, I probably can pretty soon after the shows finished. It's pretty easy for me to rip things to my computer with the set up I have.

I forgot some people wouldn't be able to see it
I love you! :lol:

blackchickintheback

It's such a perfect day.
Coldplayer
Hey! The set looks cool!! :D

Whooooa, it comes on tonight!
I almost forgot! :uhoh:
Sorry, rough party last night and a final exam tomorrow, it completely slipped my mind for a minute!
I can't believe I almost forgot something Coldplay related. :uhoh2:

BostonSportsTD

If you can hold on....
Coldplayer
i've been looking forward to this more than anything all week... i had prom on friday night and i was more excited for this than prom :p you can call me pathetic...

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
don't think so / that can be very naughty to appear on national tv

cheers!

melanieau

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
OMG! Will standing and banging those kettle drums....Jonny on keyboards and guitar...this is massive...this is epic! I think we need to cover all the carpets in here to spare Ian the clean up costs...

:bomb::bomb::bomb:

Bobby Dylan

Loving All I See
Coldplayer
Yeah the set looks pretty sick, their new military style is really cool I think too. Jonny's guitar looks awesome too, it looks kind of like the way I painted mine a while ago

yamfox

The Pumpkin King
Coldplayer
Don't worry, I'll be recording. It might take a while to upload, but who knows?

gvargas

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I finally watched this on mtv.com, since I don't have cable. I must say I wasn't sure how the performance would be or if I would like their new song since I haven't heard it in its entirety yet. But, I must say after watching their performance over more than once, I am digging the Viva La Vida song.

I must say I love the strings (orchestral instruments) on this song. I think it makes the song. I love that its more upbeat as well.

Chris' peformance was good, but probably because it is his first time performing in such a long time, his vocals seemed strained in parts. I felt like he had a little bit of a hard time in parts to get some of the notes. I've never heard him have to try and get notes before. But, I loved the music overall and what they did with the song.

My sis says that maybe it is because the words are so much faster in this song...maybe it was a change for his voice.

Nice pics btw!!!

soleil

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
all i have to say is that Coldplay is no longer alternative. i would now classify them as pop.

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
I think they first hit pop during x&y, but that's not to say that there values have changed. They're just into doing different things. Viva la vida is very pop, but then again, violet hill is the heaviest thing they've done in a while.

talkingonsquareone89

Girl with headphones 24/7
Coldplayer
I think they first hit pop during x&y, but that's not to say that there values have changed. They're just into doing different things. Viva la vida is very pop, but then again, violet hill is the heaviest thing they've done in a while.
like "Fix You"....yeah they went completely mainstream there, but not really "pop."

also, some of the other songs we've heard are more subdued than the regular "pop" materials in that genre. not to mention they still deviate from the rather-simplistic music composition within "pop."

but yeah with exception of "Viva la Vida," Coldplay's works still land them under the "alternative" label.

(and on a personal note, the day Coldplay becomes "pop" is when my Jessica Simpson/Britney Spears/Mariah Carey-lovin' cousins finally decide that Coldplay is HAPPY-HAPPY MUSIC, easy to understand, and that they can do better covers).

bleed0range

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I wouldn't by any stretch of the imagination call Viva La Vida "pop."

Anyway... I thought the performance was almost cd-quality awesome.

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
It's amazing what we call 'alternative' now. This really deserves its own thread. I don't know what to call them, but they're pretty damn mainstream for 'alternative',lol.