Everyday Life LA Shows

coldplaymakesmyday

There's nothing wrong with jazz.
Coldplayer
Hey, this is a little bit unrelated, but does anyone know anything about getting concert signs through the airport? How do you take them with you? What are the size restrictions? Do they have to be made out of a certain material?

I really want to make some signs but I'm afraid I won't be able to take them with me.

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Hey, this is a little bit unrelated, but does anyone know anything about getting concert signs through the airport? How do you take them with you? What are the size restrictions? Do they have to be made out of a certain material?

I really want to make some signs but I'm afraid I won't be able to take them with me.
I would make it on stable but bendable paper and roll it up so it fits in your hand luggage.
Or make it at your final destination, like i did with my "Jonny can I have a plectrum" sign :)

Heavensbee

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Great, they are playing another show in LA that absolutely nobody can get into. Theres gotta be a way in other than being the 1 grand prize winner from SiriusXM!

coldplaymakesmyday

There's nothing wrong with jazz.
Coldplayer
I wish there was some way for me to get into the other concert as well. But my odds of winning are extremely slim, and I'd rather let someone else go instead. But how cool would it be to go to two concerts in the same week?
I hope someone on this forum ends up going somehow. I'm sure there'll be more than one or two Coldplay fans in audience. Otherwise that would make a very boring performance. Good luck everyone!

DJK

Douglas
Coldplayer
Great, they are playing another show in LA that absolutely nobody can get into. Theres gotta be a way in other than being the 1 grand prize winner from SiriusXM!
do you have a link to info?

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Thank you! My flight lands in LA the day before haha, unfortunately, this one is probably going to be super exclusive
Yeah, I doubt one can get in but maybe if you wait by the studio exit you could get to meet C and J ! I know someone who met the band at the exit of Maida Vale studios after their radio session, so there might be a chance !

I ran away

A Rush of Blood to X&Y
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Why will there only be Chris and Jonny?
No idea, but even back in the day (AROBTTH Era) it was common that Chris and Jonny would do acoustic shows together. No need for the full band.

Pguild142

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So I guess this confirms the "couple of things in LA" that Chris spoke about a month or so ago. I entered the contest, but alas, looks like the AlterEgo Fest will be the best I will be able to accomplish.

I also something today about a secret Chicago show? Any one know anything about that?

DJK

Douglas
Coldplayer
So I guess this confirms the "couple of things in LA" that Chris spoke about a month or so ago. I entered the contest, but alas, looks like the AlterEgo Fest will be the best I will be able to accomplish.

I also something today about a secret Chicago show? Any one know anything about that?
havnt heard about Chicago? Where’d you hear this?

Heavensbee

Coldplayer
Here are the official rules: Coldplay Flyaway

The concert is happening sometime between January 17 and 21, if you dig deep in the rules you will see that: Grand Prize Trip must be taken January 17 - 21, 2020.

So, it MUST be in LA, since they're playing a show on the 18th. It's gotta be on the 19th or 20th!

You can enter here: Link to Entry Form

The rules say you must be from one of these markets, and I'm not sure how they verify. I mean, I could probably get a Harrisburg station to tune in if I drive a little further north from my house :)

Ann Arbor MI WQKL-FM Appleton WI WWWX-FM Atlanta GA WWWQ-H2 3 Buffalo NY WEDG-FM Chicago IL WKQX-FM Columbia/Jefferson City MO KBXR-FM Columbus/Starkville MS WNMQ-FM Eugene OR KNRQ-FM Fayetteville AR KRMW-FM Fort Walton Beach FL WNCV-FM Grand Rapids MI WKLQ-FM Harrisburg PA WNNK-FM Little Rock AR KLAL-FM Little Rock AR KURB-FM New Orleans LA WZRH-FM Saginaw MI WHNN-FM Savannah GA WIXV-FM Syracuse NY WAQX-FM

DJK

Douglas
Coldplayer
Here are the official rules: Coldplay Flyaway

The concert is happening sometime between January 17 and 21, if you dig deep in the rules you will see that: Grand Prize Trip must be taken January 17 - 21, 2020.

So, it MUST be in LA, since they're playing a show on the 18th. It's gotta be on the 19th or 20th!

You can enter here: Link to Entry Form

The rules say you must be from one of these markets, and I'm not sure how they verify. I mean, I could probably get a Harrisburg station to tune in if I drive a little further north from my house :)

Ann Arbor MI WQKL-FM Appleton WI WWWX-FM Atlanta GA WWWQ-H2 3 Buffalo NY WEDG-FM Chicago IL WKQX-FM Columbia/Jefferson City MO KBXR-FM Columbus/Starkville MS WNMQ-FM Eugene OR KNRQ-FM Fayetteville AR KRMW-FM Fort Walton Beach FL WNCV-FM Grand Rapids MI WKLQ-FM Harrisburg PA WNNK-FM Little Rock AR KLAL-FM Little Rock AR KURB-FM New Orleans LA WZRH-FM Saginaw MI WHNN-FM Savannah GA WIXV-FM Syracuse NY WAQX-FM
I'm unable to view the first link due to my location...Could this be referring to the show on the 18th?

Pguild142

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I also just saw an announcement of an LA show at the Hollywood Palladium on January 21st with tickets on sale on January 10th. Must be a Citi card holder, apparently.

I made a mistake - not a Chicago show - the Chicago radio station had a contest about a "Secret Show".

Heavensbee

Coldplayer
I also just saw an announcement of an LA show at the Hollywood Palladium on January 21st with tickets on sale on January 10th. Must be a Citi card holder, apparently.

I made a mistake - not a Chicago show - the Chicago radio station had a contest about a "Secret Show".
HOLY SHIT OMG IM GOING. ITS HAPPENING!!! I see it listed on the Live Nation app.

Guys, The Black Keys played 21 songs at their Citi Sound Vault show in LA last year. Similar kind of thing as this. OMG.

Flying into LA on the 18th to go to the ALTer Ego show and hopefully the secret show on the 19th/20th too, and not leaving until the 22nd!! If anyone wants to meet up and hang out in LA for the weekend message me!!

Btw the secret show is not in Chicago. The radio station there just advertised a flyaway trip for 4 nights, Jan 17 to 21. Its def gonna be in LA.

Heavensbee

Coldplayer
I'm unable to view the first link due to my location...Could this be referring to the show on the 18th?
Likely not, since Cumulus radio is sponsoring this promotion and iHeartRadio is their biggest competitor.

DJK

Douglas
Coldplayer
HOLY SHIT OMG IM GOING. ITS HAPPENING!!! I see it listed on the Live Nation app.

Guys, The Black Keys played 21 songs at their Citi Sound Vault show in LA last year. Similar kind of thing as this. OMG.

Flying into LA on the 18th to go to the ALTer Ego show and hopefully the secret show on the 19th/20th too, and not leaving until the 22nd!! If anyone wants to meet up and hang out in LA for the weekend message me!!

Btw the secret show is not in Chicago. The radio station there just advertised a flyaway trip for 4 nights, Jan 17 to 21. Its def gonna be in LA.
Ill be trying to make the 2nd show too! Though the hollywood palladium recently removed the event from facebook, so im guessing they weren't supposed to post it yet.