Fly On (hidden track PRIOR to O)

kspillers2

Coldplay Traveler
Coldplayer
And as far as lyrical content goes the lyrics to Fly On seem to me to be clearly about the miscarriage Gwyneth has spoken of. As soon as I watched the Zane Lowe interview it really confirmed my feelings. Whether it is or not, it's such a sweetly sad and yet ultimately beautiful, hopeful song. I am impressed with Chris' wisdom and outlook no matter what the inspiration for these lyrics is.

Skypala

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
And as far as lyrical content goes the lyrics to Fly On seem to me to be clearly about the miscarriage Gwyneth has spoken of. As soon as I watched the Zane Lowe interview it really confirmed my feelings. Whether it is or not, it's such a sweetly sad and yet ultimately beautiful, hopeful song. I am impressed with Chris' wisdom and outlook no matter what the inspiration for these lyrics is.
Miscarriage?! Please elaborate

Prospector

Rafael
Coldplayer
School was the name of that initial section of DAAHF and used to be an introduction to Rainy Day, later they reworked the songs, Rainy Day became one track and the intro (called School) developed into Death And All His Friends.

Prospector

Rafael
Coldplayer
By the way, why the hell they did that mess, it would be so much easier to just call the track Fly On/O, or just Fly On and make O an hidden track.... They just made everything even more cofusing than just having a hidden track

Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //
Coldplayer
Probably to make O (Part 2/Reprise) work. (I'm looking forward to getting the actual title for that so we can stop calling it both.)

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
School was the name of that initial section of DAAHF and used to be an introduction to Rainy Day, later they reworked the songs, Rainy Day became one track and the intro (called School) developed into Death And All His Friends.
How do you know this?

Linus

Forever in Coldplay history
Coldplayer
after hearing it properly on iTunes once, I AM IN L:heart:VE !!!

Coldplayplusjuanes

Yes, I wake up smiling
Coldplayer
I love it so much. Does anybody know what his daughter is saying while singing? At the beginning of the album the voices say "what is happening" so I'm curious to see what they're saying at the end

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

RevolutionDude

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I love it so much. Does anybody know what his daughter is saying while singing? At the beginning of the album the voices say "what is happening" so I'm curious to see what they're saying at the end

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Well, according to the official lyrics, I believe she's saying "Don't ever let go"

Patrice

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
"A flock of birds, is how you think of love" - I find this line so interesting. So is that an image that Chris' wife used to describe love? That explains so many lyrics in speed of Sound, UFO, Up with the Birds etc. I also feel that this album puts together other recurring images that Chris has used lyrically. "Stars" for example seem to be his image for love, "and i'll always, look up to the sky, pray before the dawn" which is an interesting point where stars and birds meet.

flotschi

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Guys I need your help!
I bought the Album on iTunes and O is from 0-3:40 'Fly On' and from 6:17-7:46 'O' - so is the nearly 3 min long silence intentional? Thanks for reading and answering

jc90

Most Interesting Poster 2015
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
This song is so good that by itself justifies the whole album. Just like Fix You. Many years away from now some will look back and probably hate this era, but I think that it will always be worth just for this 3 minutes and 40 seconds of music.

Jack Bauer

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
"A flock of birds, is how you think of love" - I find this line so interesting. So is that an image that Chris' wife used to describe love? That explains so many lyrics in speed of Sound, UFO, Up with the Birds etc. I also feel that this album puts together other recurring images that Chris has used lyrically. "Stars" for example seem to be his image for love, "and i'll always, look up to the sky, pray before the dawn" which is an interesting point where stars and birds meet.
Just a thought based on what you've said:

Stars stay in the sky
Birds "fly on"

Blue Nails

Im
Coldplayer
Yeah and also the album cover: wings + broken heart.

the_escapist

Just a flock of birds
Coldplayer
They should have included a longer ambient piece between ASFOS and this one. It begins too abruptly.

ulwanmokhtar

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I don't think the hidden track was called FlY On. It was O with the Apple part. See O Reprise. It wasnt Fly On Reprise.

ladypro615

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
cant stop listening. reminds me of prospekts march/ poppyfields from prospekts march, equally as beautiful