FTFF 2024 Music of the Spheres

merril

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Fftf could mean:
Finished February the Fourth. or: Friday February the Fourth (but that would be in 2021).

As for album titles it could be:
Fly, fly to freedom; Feel free to fly; Friends for the future;

Just some wild guesses.

Last edited:

sa_spurs_tx

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I think February 4th of 2020 is a little too soon. I guess it's possible, but it's on a Tuesday (most major album releases are on Fridays) and I seriously wonder if they'd have the time to finish a brand new album so soon after focusing on 17 songs (Everyday Life + Flags) for the past year unless they pulled a Kid A+Amnesiac and worked on two albums simultaneously. Even April 2nd seems unlikely because it's just so soon. I would think they'd like to spend a good portion of the year finishing the new record. And 2024 is just so far off... that is NOT "coming soon" :joy:

If FFTF stands for "Fight For the Future," I think it's worth noting that there is an internet copyright, privacy, censorship, and net neutrality advocacy group by that name:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_for_the_Future

I'm not sure what that means in terms of this supposed space theme, though. Maybe "Fit For the Future" is more likely to be the album title.
Thinking about the characters on the license plate again, It could very well be April, 2, 2020 (at least according to how date notation is used here in Germany LOL) By the way, this is a Thursday. Maybe a new single or an introduction to a new era? :)

ri3o

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hi guys, so it might have appeared here already, but the trademark Music of the spheres was submitted by Chris, Jonny, Guy and Will.

The more interesting thing is that it was actually refused and asked for reconsideratiom on december 23, 2019? After EL was released already.

If it was here already, sorry for double posting!

Attachments

Last edited:

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
^Interesting! And great job researching this.

I don't know much about how copyright works, but I think if the request was rejected that doesn't stop them from still using it as a title. Like, there's now way they copyrighted Ghost Stories right? AHFOD and MX make sense to copyright cuz who's gonna copy that, but you can't copyright something that's commonplace (remember the case where Taylor Swift was trying to copyright her super commonplace lyrics?).

Music of the Spheres already exists as a poem and as other music, so personally I feel like it's silly to copyright. But again, I'm not in the business and there's probably some imp. legal reasons to do this.

Regardless, it seems like we know the title of the upcoming project!

driftaguy

Coldplayer
Hi guys, so it might have appeared here already, but the trademark Music of the spheres was submitted by Chris, Jonny, Guy and Will.

The more interesting thing is that it was actually refused and asked for reconsideratiom on december 23, 2019? After EL was released already.

That first appeared along with the Los Unidades and Car Kids trademarks. I hadn't known they'd reapplied for it last month though.

MickCas

Coldplayer
I don't know if it has been written before, but the whole planet thing made me think about what the music of the sphere is. It was a philosophical theme by the pitagoric school that lasted till the first year of the XVII century. They thought that planets make some kind of music, for their harmony of course, that we can't hear because it has been there since our birth so our mind erased it. Kepler even tried to write it down:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WihmsRinpQU

So,9 albums, 9 planets, harmony and the perfection of circles...

kcp

Coldplayer
This is mind boggling .. it’s like I feel like EL is so fantastic but I also feel like it’s swiftly gone by but there’s so much more to come .. I think I’ll have consistent anticipation for a while . Coldplay have something amazing up their sleeves once again I’m sure of it !

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
That's cool research and definitely on par with Coldplay's entire career being obsessed with starts, planets and "how the universe is big and crazy, man."

So... in my alternative music dreams, they'd make a 9-song album and each song would be themed after a planet and super weird. Something like what Sufjan Stevens did.

Or more likely, they use Music of the Spheres as a general motif/inspiration throughout the track listing, but musically the songs are as random and genre-jumping as usual with a couple pop singles.

AnaMarie

Still, I always look up to the sky...
Coldplayer

This is absolutely, freakishly interesting! Something for sure is coming! I would love if they go for this harmonic, planets, deep space vibe...

AnaMarie

Coldplayer
My guess... Music Of The Spheres/Fragments For The Fans, a compilation or box set with studio outtakes from all previous eras of the band.
Including songs from before Parachutes, like the Big Fat Noises' Panic EP and other odd things.
Release in 2024. The picture might just indicate 'this is old (and dusty)', as are the recordings in the box set. ;)

Actually I think 'Spheres' (different worlds) in this case could indeed mean the band's different eras.
This would be fantastic! Release the unreleased!

AnaMarie

Coldplayer
In that French interview, doesn't Chris say "They both mean something...." ??

If so, that makes me wonder if the car and license plate is different from Music of the Spheres, Coldplay coming soon thing...

Maybe Music of the Spheres is coming in 2020 and then FFTF is coming in 2024 and includes........car kids...........
This could be it, I really think they are releasing something this year or next...2024 seems to far away...hmm

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
Yeah I think so too. In fact I'm starting to be REALLY convinced about this April timeline.

Let's look at the rumor roundup recently. The EL era doesn't seem to be over as reports of Champion of the World being a new single (and music video?) towards the end of February. Also, there were signs of music videos being dropped for Cry Cry Cry & Trouble In Town. Maybe they were scrapped, maybe they'll still get a release in the coming weeks. Finally, we know they did a NPR Tiny Desk Concert where I'd assume they have some say over the release date in the next month and a half. My guess is end of February to coincide with CotW single release. Finally, the latest rumor is that Chris won't tour with Soda Stereo because he'll be too busy in April.

From a band management perspective, this keeps Coldplay in the news and on the charts heading into March. Part of effective marketing is to always keep your brand in people's eyes so that when something new pops up people are ready to listen/pay attention.

So the EL era could wrap up with a final single and a music video, and then in April they release a single or start teasing a new album era. And that's not that far off folks!

AnaMarie

Coldplayer
Yeah I think so too. In fact I'm starting to be REALLY convinced about this April timeline.

Let's look at the rumor roundup recently. The EL era doesn't seem to be over as reports of Champion of the World being a new single (and music video?) towards the end of February. Also, there were signs of music videos being dropped for Cry Cry Cry & Trouble In Town. Maybe they were scrapped, maybe they'll still get a release in the coming weeks. Finally, we know they did a NPR Tiny Desk Concert where I'd assume they have some say over the release date in the next month and a half. My guess is end of February to coincide with CotW single release. Finally, the latest rumor is that Chris won't tour with Soda Stereo because he'll be too busy in April.

From a band management perspective, this keeps Coldplay in the news and on the charts heading into March. Part of effective marketing is to always keep your brand in people's eyes so that when something new pops up people are ready to listen/pay attention.

So the EL era could wrap up with a final single and a music video, and then in April they release a single or start teasing a new album era. And that's not that far off folks!
Yeah! I think so too, they have said in interviews that “they wouldn’t leave teasers if they didn’t mean something”; like you said: the new single releases, we know they have a video for Cry Cry Cry and Champion of the World... it’s coming! LP9 is coming!

AnaMarie

Coldplayer
If this April release is true, wouldn’t this be the shortest gap between album release dates??
something tells me this won’t be just another album
Yeah! The gap would be literally of months between them...but the fact that they wanted it trademarked and later asked for a reconsideration means they must really want it for something...