Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ghost Stories Font!

RevolutionDude

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey guys, just letting everyone know (in case anyone cares) that the font Coldplay uses for Ghost Stories (and all other related LP6-era stuff so far) is called:

Golden Type ITC Original

http://www.fonts.com/font/itc/itc-golden-type#product_top

It's honestly one of my favorite fonts I've seen. Different than all the other eras.
I look forward to seeing more things with this font.

The Lonely Martian

Wait for your call, love
Coldplayer
Good thing they didn't invent another font this time around! I have to admit, the fan-made Every Truetype is a Wisefont was a bit annoying with the gaps between certain characters and whatnot.

periahdark

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Sweet!

Speaking of fonts, anyone know the name of the font used for their logo during the Viva Era? Not the pain brush for the album title, the serif font they used for the band name. I know it was Albertus Medium for Parachutes - X&Y, but can't seem to pinpoint the Viva font since it looks like a generic serif font.

RevolutionDude

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hm, I assume you're talking about the font like in the back of the album and stuff (and the band name?
I guess I never thought about it, but I did some research and tried to analyze it.

It seems to me that the serif font you're talking about looks a lot like in the Franham family (see for example: http://www.fonts.com/font/font-bureau/farnham/text-regular-sc)
or even SG Caslon SB (http://www.fonts.com/font/elsner-flake/sg-caslon-sb/regular-sc)

Again, neither of those seems to be perfect, perfect, but I compared it to the band name font and the back cover and it seems to be very very close.
:)
But yeah...it's a nice font, too :)
I like Coldplay and their choice of fonts.

Jea

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Is that a firefox or chrome add-on that you used there?

I like the new font, some letters (especially the C) remind me of the old Albertus font and the others remind me of the Viva font. Best of both worlds :laugh3:

jc90

A Herp Full Of Derp
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
^ lol, hey, you and I have the same signature idea! I was actually gonna do that font thing too

rafaelchampion

Stare at me.
Coldplayer
Hahahha Cool. I was even going to paint the letters like you did but I was tired just thinking about all those characters.

RevolutionDude

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Sweet! That's awesome.

Thanks guys. Oh and the add-on I used is called WhatFont for Chrome

thetelephoneline

Flying Dutchman
Coldplayer
I thought the Viva font was DTL Fleischman or something like that. I downloaded it yesterday for a school project to make a alternative albumart for an album. Also looks pretty similar.

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk 2

JamesR2

Generic Custom User Title
Coldplayer
I like that, nice job!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk