Possibly more to this than expected...

twistedleksi2008

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
AS posted recently, Rolling Stone mentioned this track as being a "song that broadens Coldplay's horizons".

I personally don't think they'd mention a 50-second piano instrumental as something so large...

But it doesn't matter - that piece of music is rather niiice :D

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
Just because it's only 50 seconds doesnt mean it doesn't hugely broaden their horizons. It's a beautiful and unprecendented bit of piano composition on Chris's part. They've never written anything quite like this, and it's my favorite piece to play on my piano at the moment.

andrea25

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
maybe after the piano part, the song starts in a different way...like '42'.

it's strange that 'postcards from far away' is not present on the glass previews (together with prospekt march)...maybe they're such a powerful songs that they don't wanna spoil them.

Stefan8

I do know some things
Coldplayer
maybe after the piano part, the song starts in a different way...like '42'.

it's strange that 'postcards from far away' is not present on the glass previews (together with prospekt march)...maybe they're such a powerful songs that they don't wanna spoil them.
According to the oracle Postcards clocks in just under a minute...

Famous Old Painter

KICKS LIKE A SLEEP TWICH
Coldplayer
Though it's a very nice piece, I'll be very dissapointed if it's just a 50 second thing, seems like a waste of track.

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
Frankly I'd be annoyed if it did turn into a regular pop song or whatever. I think it's perfect just as it is, clearly the melody comes from the piano, not Chris. and it's beautiful.

Absolutely

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I love it the way it is. I can't wait to sit down and learn to play it.

Famous Old Painter

KICKS LIKE A SLEEP TWICH
Coldplayer
I'm just thinking it's strange that Prospekts March and Poppy Fields have to share a track yet Postcards is only 50 seconds long and gets it's own track high up in the playlist. :confused:

Tnspieler1012

Come On, Let's Go
Coldplayer
Well, it'd be an awkward transition. yes into chinese sleep chant is smooth, as is lovers into reign of love. but you can't really stitch this on the back end of a pop song.

and for absolutely...

The end's are cut off, but it's easy to fill in the blanks by hearing recordings of Chris live.

johnnymax865

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
from the live recordings it doesn't sound as it ends naturally but as if it's interrupted...I think it will go on still a bit in the studio version...

ksg_tarheelfan

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Yes . . . like Parachutes II: The song is so pretty, feels like if it was made any longer, it would ruin it.

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
I think I prefer the live version to the recorded version. But is still a beautiful piece of music :D

Bonus_mosher

THE BUCKLANNND
Coldplayer
it's the best of the new songs.

it just is.

there's something about it that I can't put my finger on
it's addictive