Relationship age difference

Black Rose

Freedom!
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I wondered why he changed back to Mark from Racket Man.

Gitta Rensolo

gitta life. -1
Coldplayer
Does he know that you reported him, Greg?

edit: We are so off-topic, now :disappointed:

BookLover715

omg i've missed it here
Coldplayer
"A +/- 2 log(A)" seems to me about the acceptable range, if it matters to you...

Petit Prince

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I think it really depends on the person. Age doesn't really matter to me but I'm not ready to settle down and I don't want to have kids so if they do that would be a big issue. I'm in my mid-twenties and I've got a couple of friends who got engaged to someone they've only been with for a year or so and it's freaking me out. I'm happy for them but I'd never want to do it myself.

I was dating a guy who was 14 years older than me once and it was great but I don't think it would have worked out in the long term. We did have a lot to talk about and he was one of the most interesting people I've ever met but we were very different (and this wasn't just about age).

Black Rose

Freedom!
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I think it really depends on the person. Age doesn't really matter to me but I'm not ready to settle down and I don't want to have kids so if they do that would be a big issue. I'm in my mid-twenties and I've got a couple of friends who got engaged to someone they've only been with for a year or so and it's freaking me out. I'm happy for them but I'd never want to do it myself.

I was dating a guy who was 14 years older than me once and it was great but I don't think it would have worked out in the long term. We did have a lot to talk about and he was one of the most interesting people I've ever met but we were very different (and this wasn't just about age).
But how many of those engagements have led to marriage?

I know someone who has been engaged for a few years, neither have plans to tie the knot officially.

Petit Prince

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
But how many of those engagements have led to marriage?

I know someone who has been engaged for a few years, neither have plans to tie the knot officially.
One of them got married earlier this year and the other two are planning to get married in about a year's time.

I had a few friends who got engaged when we were younger but they weren't seriously planning their wedding, they just decided to get married at some point.

Jonny and the cake

Up With The Birds
Coldplayer
there's a girl in my class that is 17 years old and has been in a relationship with a 24 years old boy for 3 years, and they got "engaged", well sort of

kalex1138

Climbing to the sun
Coldplayer
The coolest, most interesting, and down to earth couple I've ever known were twenty years apart. To put that into reference, the husband was in Vietnam when his wife was born...

Violet

Is It Really So Strange?
Coldplayer
I probably have a really weird opinion on this, but this is my personal preference on it.

Older: I don't really care too much about the numbers on this at all, honestly. I actually tend to be attracted more to older men. :uhoh:

Younger: For some reason, dating someone younger would bother me more. I suppose most of that is because I'm 23 now, and going too much younger would make me feel like a creepy older woman. I think I would go with a max of two years younger than me.

Destrokk

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i dont know :)