Welcome to Coldplaying!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The official **KEANE** thread

LifeIs4Living

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The very first time I heard anything about this band was at a Travis gig I went to last Halloween. (Keane were the opening act) I didn’t put much thought into the opening act being any good (probably because I was only pretty much interested in seeing Travis at the time) but the second Tom Chaplin (the vocalist of Keane) started to sing, the crowd just stopped what they were doing, and directed all of their attention and energy to the stage. I soon realized that I was experiencing something very special when my friend and I looked at each other with our jaws to the ground. Keane’s music is strikingly expressive, and leaves you with a soothing notion that everything will be alright :)
If anyone happens to be interested in checking out this band, you can do so at www.keanemusic.com
Cheers! ;) :)

*Justine*

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I've heard of these guys, but never heard any of their music.

*Justine*

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
cant check them out now... because Iam at work...what do they sound like?

Sweet One

carrots and champagne
Coldplayer
hmmm..at first listen, they kinda sound like coldplay. But the lead singer sounds a lot like Thom Yorke.

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
They are good, I like them. Their first single is ace, as is 'Everybody's Changing'

Use absolutely no guitars at all!

LifeIs4Living

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I made a thread a very long time ago on Keane, I went to see Travis last halloween and Keane opened for them, they are absolutely BRILLIANT live, just..completely breath taking, "Bedshaped" was performed so beautifuly as was all the songs they played..just completely wonderful

idsadmin

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
In a recent set, they had a symphony backing up keane, not a guitar in sight, and I tell you it was one of the most moving concerts. especially the slower songs like "bedshapen".

Good stuff.

LifeIs4Living

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
they really are wonderful live..when i saw them no one had heard of them and everyone was just so still and my jaw just hit the floor, it was like magic

Kettercat

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
So if you have a minute why don't we go....

:D

They're great, just a bit too soppy for me.

Mimixxx

If we could float away...
Coldplayer
I read an article about them in this month's Q and Keane went to uni with Coldplay and the pianist was on the same course as Chris. They asked him about being Coldplay's (or Starfish, as they were) keyboardist and he seriously considered it, but was already in Keane. He said they're still friends! :)

::Hayley::

Old Skool Coldplay Fan
Coldplayer
Everything's changing is FaNtAsTiCo!!

I love Keane...... I can't wait for the album!! :D

::Hayley::

Old Skool Coldplay Fan
Coldplayer
mimixx said:
I read an article about them in this month's Q and Keane went to uni with Coldplay and the pianist was on the same course as Chris. They asked him about being Coldplay's (or Starfish, as they were) keyboardist and he seriously considered it, but was already in Keane. He said they're still friends! :)
I read that too.....
I'm glad he didn't join them though because we wouldn't have got two bands from their greatness :lol: