Wembley Stadium - Roof ?

Christo670

In A Head Full Of Dreams....
Coldplayer
okay I have been overthinking a little too much about the Wembley shows , regarding lights and Xylobands effects .
As we know now , Summer is pretty much upon us which means sunset is now between 21:30 and 22 pm and it's a bit of a shame that we can't have the full effects of the Xylobands now and i am going to see them on Saturday and would be quite bummed if I won't be able to have the full effects on the Xylobands just because the band will go on stage too early...
I just realised that Wembley has a retractable roof that can cover half of the stadium , and I was wondering if anyone knows if the band has planned to use the roof so we can have the full xylobands experience ?
Or if someone knows how to contact someone in the team to suggest the idea to the band ? would be quite a nice idea I think because on the last couple of shows they only had the effects on AOAL and SFOS which is a bit of a bummer really considering how much money they cost and i don't know if the band are upset about it or if they just dont care...

Little Miss Coldplay

Up&Up
Coldplayer
That's a good idea. The Xylobands seem like they'd only be worth turning on in proper darkness. I remmber when i saw the boys at Hammersmith Apollo and I loved them! I'm not sure who you could get in touch with. I've been worried about the rain and was wondering, if it rained, would the roof go up? I saw footage of a concert held at Wembley stadium recently and it was raining, even on the singer! x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

Linus

Forever in Coldplay history
Coldplayer
The Xylobands still works pretty well in the late evening, but it sure isn't the same as when it's really dark... One thing with "using" the roof tho is that the fireworks will have to be pretty much scraped as they won't be seen from inside the stadium, so if it rains, I guess it's a 50/50 situation what to do

Christo670

Coldplayer
maybe not for the opening but they could remove the roof for Up&Up and put the roof after A Head Full Of Dreams...

mayurshikotra

O
Coldplayer
maybe not for the opening but they could remove the roof for Up&Up and put the roof after A Head Full Of Dreams...
Ive worked at wembley for a couple of events. once the roof is open/shut they dont open/close it after. with the way the stage is laid out and not roof on the stage, id guess it will be closed for the shows

oldiefan

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Let's face it, folks - we're gonna get drenched !!! Bring plastic ponchos. Just hope we don't get hit by lightning.:eek:

Christo670

Coldplayer
Let's face it, folks - we're gonna get drenched !!! Bring plastic ponchos. Just hope we don't get hit by lightning.:eek:
weather forcast just says showers . I highly doubt we will get a storm haha .

bosly1

Dark Horse
Coldplayer
That's the risk you take if you purchase General Admission tickets. Fingers crossed it'll stay dry though.

Little Miss Coldplay

Up&Up
Coldplayer
A thin pac a mac should be fine, i doubt it will be cold! Plus a baseball cap? I usually have one to try amd keep the rain off my glasses.
Yeah, I'm thinking we'll get hot with all the body heat from so many people, plus all the jumping around, excitement and adrenaline! Oh yeah, I have glasses too, I didn't think of them. Oh dear lol x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app