what?!

TraceOddity

My 'MY HILL' thread.;p
Coldplayer
I figured it was a mistake they just kept for humour value. Lots of musicians do that on their recordings. Pretty cool.

acade365

A Flying Crow
Coldplayer
i really cant tell who it is!! first i thought it was clearly guy and then i thought it was chris... and first i thought he said flat and then fucked... hell i dont know.

zodiac192

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Wow-- really old thread, but I just thought i'd enlighten. In an interview, Chris said that it was Brian Eno complaining on the tempo: "It's a bit fast". Those are also brian's handclaps at the beginning.

mhs10er

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
In my mind, I've always thought that it would be Christ counting, Guy saying "its a bit flat" (because "flat" sounds very Scottish to me, but I'm an American so what do I know) and Eno clapping since everyone elses hands were busy......

And I know that they rocorded in different places, so I've always imagined this one being recorded in a chruch because of the natural echo and reverb throughout the song.

L

LiquidSky

Wow-- really old thread, but I just thought i'd enlighten. In an interview, Chris said that it was Brian Eno complaining on the tempo: "It's a bit fast". Those are also brian's handclaps at the beginning.

what interview?