Which singer would you have chosen to do Princess of China's female vocal?

Violet

Is It Really So Strange?
Coldplayer
^^ OOOH, Janelle Monáe might've been a great fit for it. Why didn't I think of that before? :surprised:

Lore

Up&Up
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
I think it's fine. It'd be interesting to see Regina Spektor singing with Chris, also Florence Welch

suzanafg

Stand tall, bipedal ape
Coldplayer
I think it's good the way it is. Rihanna, on this song at least, is really singing beautifully, as Chris and Will emphasised (I still don't like when she sings with a kind of dull voice though).

There are some singers I like but I'm not sure they'd fit the song, like Florence Welch and Lisa Hannigan. They're really, really good singers and have stunning singing voices, but, again, I'm not sure they'd fit the song.

Maybe Beyoncé? :thinking:

ColdplayingfromKansas

Official Viva Fangirl
Coldplayer
Okay, I take back what I said about not wanting Rihanna in on the song. She sounds far better than I expected :nod:

Kudos to her, and kudos to the guys for finding an excellent female vocal fit.

Blakexy1125

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I think will does a perfect female vocal :p he sings female perfectly fine in uatw!!!

H

howyousawtheworld

I don't care what anyone says but I like Regine Chassagne best. She can help smash the suburbs with Chris any day of the week. :dazzled:

Corkus

Pretentious Tool
Coldplayer
Now that I've heard the actual song, I'm glad they kept Florence away, as well as Regina Spektor, PJ Harvey, Annie Clark, etc. They gave Rihanna a deservedly shit song to work with. :):):)

nothingtoseehere

Meh.
Coldplayer
Now that I've heard the actual song, I'm glad they kept Florence away, as well as Regina Spektor, PJ Harvey, Annie Clark, etc. They gave Rihanna a deservedly shit song to work with. :):):)
:laugh4:

I still think Florence would've been great. I don't think there'd be as many angry/confused Coldplay fans if they chose Flo.

But I think Natasha Khan would've been perfect.

suzanafg

Stand tall, bipedal ape
Coldplayer
Kind of offtopic, but ok... I honestly don't get the rudeness. I'mnot saying everybody should adore every little Coldplay do. If you don't like something, that's good, that's absolutely fine. Still, no need to be rude. IMO, of course.

H

howyousawtheworld

Florence doesn't deserve to be in that list. Incredibly overrated act. Relieved Mylo is being released next week so it can drain out the tortured wailings of that next Florence record. Thank god.

Jack1505

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
None.

No one should be on a Coldplay album besides the boys. If they want to do a collaboration, do it as a b-side or something.
This. But I would have LOVED Will to have more singing parts!

Prospector

Rafael
Coldplayer
Florence doesn't deserve to be in that list. Incredibly overrated act. Relieved Mylo is being released next week so it can drain out the tortured wailings of that next Florence record. Thank god.
I second that. Florence is OK but people talk as if she was the best artist in the world...