✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Head Full of Dreams Film - In Cinemas Nov.14

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a wonderful film! It was stunning how these four people stayed together all these years and have been through all this stuff together! Their friendship is what drives them in their journey and this is what makes their music so unique, complex and diverse. Also, after a long time without any Coldplay music in my ears the film reminded me the musical genius Chris is. I realised the difficulty of being relevant in the music scene for twenty years, only Coldplay and a few other artists achieved that, to write many songs in a long period of time both popular and of high-quality. I'm amazed...

• Like 4

Well seems I'm late for the whole reaction/review thing (crazy week at work) but this film exceeded all my expectations. I didn't expect them to use so many b-sides and leser known songs but this really had a good balance for diehard fans and casuals. 10/10 would watch forever.

• Like 3

So I was in university roughly the same time as these guys and have been a fan since Parachutes came out and it was hugely nostalgic for me. Not only bc of my love for the band but here I am about to be 40 looking back at my own life. And I feel blessed. I am not a famous superstar but I am a superstar in my job, for my kids, in my husband's eyes. So my thoughts to you and anyone else is...follow what you think is right, love others, love yourself...and you will be just fine.

Thank you!

I've just recalled something funny that happened in the cinema before the film started being screened. The moment I walked in the audiotorium with my friends, the cinema staff had been playing Clocks! (I was stunned.) When we found our seats and sat down, I revealed to my companions that I actually had Clocks set as a ringtone on my mobile phone. One of them told me that even if my mobile had been ringing, I wouldn't have heard it as it would blend with the background. :joy:

• Like 4

I've just recalled something funny that happened in the cinema before the film started being screened. The moment I walked in the audiotorium with my friends, the cinema staff had been playing Clocks! (I was stunned.) When we found our seats and sat down, I revealed to my companions that I actually had Clocks set as a ringtone on my mobile phone. One of them told me that even if my mobile had been ringing, I wouldn't have heard it as it would blend with the background. :joy:

Cool story bro

• Like 1

I´m sure there will be an European Live.

I think Milan DVD and Paris CD (to not repeat a Paris DVD with 2012 Live).

And probably we will get a USA Live, because Coldplay have recorded concerts there also.

I wouldn't be so sure. Maybe those 'Live' sections are probably just being used for Live in São Paulo like many have already pointed out. Also, 2012 Live was also released on CD so either way they would be repeatting themselves :p I hope I'm wrong though.

• Like 2

Hi guys, I haven't visited the forum in a while, but I just watched AHFOD film, and I needed to see the reactions of other coldplayers. I loved it. I remembered why and how I fell in love with Coldplay in the first place, and it brought back so many awesome memories. I've been listening to the albums all day- all the way through in chronological order, in a way I haven't done in a long time. <3

• Like 8

[ATTACH=full]8043[/ATTACH] Guys, did I miss anything or is there a hint in the AHFOD Credits that there will be a live album from Paris & Milan?

Jim Parsons (not the one from The Big Bang Theory) was the producer for Live 2012 (Filmed in Paris). Footage from Live 2012 was used in AHFOD when talking about MX, and audio from Live 2012 was used for part of Yellow. As far as Milan is concerned, I'm not sure if Parsons was involved with filming during the AHFOD tour. If so, some footage from Milan may have been used during AHFOD, and he may have been involved with filming that night.

• Like 4

I absolutely love the film! From a band who are pretty tight lipped when it comes to revealing their real dynamics, this is gold! And can't help but think that this is mostly down to Mat and his relationship with the band.

That said, there are so many holes and unexplored content here. I feel like Guy is the only one who opened up more than expected. Imagine that!! Chris obviously cops out the most. Could be that he compartmentalizes or just does not want to revisit. And Mat seems protective of the band enough that he may not have pushed on the harder areas. After watching the movie several times (so far!) it leaves me wanting more. Not to mention the lack of/non-existent viva, mx eras. Still, this is more than I ever expected out of live 2017! Makes me think that this may be the most in depth look we may ever get from the band about the not-so-rosy parts of their history.

• Like 6

[ATTACH=full]8043[/ATTACH] Guys, did I miss anything or is there a hint in the AHFOD Credits that there will be a live album from Paris & Milan?

I think it refers to the footage used in this film. Paris, Milan and Sao Paolo were all in it and we are talking about end credits of the film after all.

• Like 1

Just watched the film and it was very good. Liked that it was about Coldplay back in the day. Bought back a lot of memories, like listening to rush of blood and viva for the first time when they came out. Especially viva, I remember how huge that became especially with the Apple advert they did for the album.

You can see just how motivated and driven they were to make the perfect album, especially Chris. They need that same passion back.

• Like 5

Got a promo of Live In Buenos Aires discs and I'm worried.

Some tracks have a mastering error/glitch that renders tracks mostly unreadable. I hope it's not the case with the retail release.

PS: I can clearly hear some autotune there! :p

• Like 1

Some tracks have a mastering error/glitch that renders tracks mostly unreadable. I hope it's not the case with the retail release.

wait what ? any hidden tracks?

What’s the situation with Clocks? Is it just the same recording?