Search results

1. T

Los Unidades

You should’ve been here when Mylo Xyloto was leaked.. good times. But this is the most excitement I’ve seen in some time
  2. T

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

Ok after nearly 5 months.. I think I'm ready to give a full review. I am not a "newplayer". But I wouldn't call myself an "oldplayer" either. I am not a music professional nor do I understand all the elements that go into music composition or production. I do however have a great music...
  3. T

[2016-04-24] Chris Martin ft. on Twisted Logic - The A-Sides

Woah just listened to it again on really good speakers and there is a very good chance Chris is also screaming along with the guitar(kinda like the end of ink.. Only way better lol) Interesting!
  4. T

[2016-04-17] Foro Sol (Mexico City, MX)

Setlist fm says they played spies!!?? I don't believe it. Can anyone confirm this? Edit: false alarm.. Someone's just messing with me lol
  5. T

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I could not disagree more.. If anything newer Coldplay songs are probably TOO layered for those that prefer the more organic, warm feel(my wife among those lol. Just glad she liked AHFOD). Not trying to start anything here, just my opinion. Lyrically I do agree that earlier work was definitely...
  6. T

The Progression of Chris' Voice

While I love all Coldplay albums, I can definitely see what your saying. I think that's one of the reasons they're production has become more, for lack of a better word "sugary" over the last few albums. Perhaps he should take a page from a band called the helio sequence, the singer damaged his...
  7. T

August 27 Dallas Show

I'll be there with my wife!! Have you seen them live before??
  8. T

[2016-08-27] AT&T Stadium, DALLAS, TX

Don't know if I got good seats, just happy we're going!! From the looks of the visual tour I'm a lot closer then the time I went to see Cowboys on thanksgiving so that's great!
  9. T

When will the North American tour of AHFOD happen?

Got mine for Arlington!! First show since viva tour, and first show with my wife, we missed the mylo tour and we were not going to miss this one!!
  10. T

Curious as to what oldplayers think of the rest of the bands current progression and or regression? Most criticism of newplay songs seems to be directed at, in no particular order, weak or empty lyrics, poor production choices, boring or repetitive song/chord progressions or structure, and lack...
  11. T

References to other Coldplay songs/albums in AHFOD?

Army of one Saying my heart is my gun, army of one
Yeah my heart is my gun, army of one
It's my only weapon, army of one
Yeah my heart is my gun, army of one Hurts like heaven Oh you use your heart as a weapon
And it hurts like heaven
  12. T

Oh don't get me wrong, there are some great songs since MX, in fact I like the last 3 albums very much. But even the examples you gave our, similar.. But different. I don't know how to explain it, but I doubt they'll ever capture the same magic from the older albums. I think the best oldplayers...
  13. T

Although I do not consider myself an oldplayer.. I do sorely wish for an album that's as warm and intimate as parachutes.. It feels like a warm blanket on a cold winter night. Not to mention the instrumentation was simple, inspired and profound. Very minimalistic in the best possible way. Even...
  14. T

Let's Choose A Song For The Tour!

Crest of waves or 42
  15. T

Very interesting analysis.. I believe it's where they're at as people that is transmitting this emotion.. Possibly why my wife has always hated MX but actually quite liked this album. She says that MX felt like a forced joy/happiness whereas this one actually seems like they are happy or at...
  16. T

Not weird at all! A lot of people actually love the album I believe, just the loudest voices are always going to be the negative ones.. Look at the user names of people who just utterly hate the album, it's basically the same 5 people..(not to say there aren't more who hate it) I myself love it...
  17. T

AHFOD vs The Others

Up&up Up&up vs a wolf at the door (radiohead)
  18. T

Why do I dislike AHFOD so much?

I agree, both sides are trying to convince each other that they're right, and neither side is going to budge on the issue. It was slightly entertaining in the beginning. Now it's as repetitive as Chris's "woooaaahhs" lol. Unless somebody brings a new argument to either side I think we should...
  19. T

It's terrible to you.. But anyway, just to have some constructive conversation, do you think they can do anything to regain your respect?
  20. T

I'm just curious.. Did you hate MX and GS as well?