07-Aug-09: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Charlotte, NC - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setli

JustSpies84

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Hey Coldplayers

Through a late development I ended up being at this show, and wanted to make it a Coldplay weekend, since I was already headed to Tampa tomorrow night, and it was great. Even out in the lawn the crowd was absolutely amazing. Even with the intense, humid heat it was amazing! No one sat down, and the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater went in a frenzy during 'Billie Jean.' The audience even sang along to the Michael Jackson "woo!" from the song! One highlight of being in the lawn is being in the cell phone wave, and being able to see it from a different standpoint gave me goosebumps. It's still friggin' adorable.

Chris repeatedly thanked everyone for coming out on a Friday night, since on that night, he said, there's endless possibilities when it comes to stuff to do. He was quieter than usual, but Charlotte got lots of love. At one point he busted out with "A Rush of Blood To The Head," during the end of one of the songs at the top of the set. The band also shouted out their friend Murray back in the UK, whose birthday it was, and asked the crowd to sing the ending to "Yellow" for him. Amazing.

And yes, he did lose his focus during 'Death and All His Friends,' and told Jonny to stop! He messed up and just blurted out "Oh, fuck...I was looking at the girl in the audience. Err, don't put this on YouTube" and got right back on track at "just be patient and don't worry." He also lost focus a bit at the beginning of "Death Will Never Conquer," and blurted out another f-bomb. Damn, it sounds adorable when he says it! Does that make any sense?

Technically, this was the last show of the tour and it was amazing. It was my fifth time, and again I realized that Coldplay live is addicting. You can't get the experience out of your mind, and it reels in there until you just want go for more.

And I'm super sad that the Sunday show is not happening. I got my notice from LiveNation while I was in the car, I gotta say, my mind then flashed back to the night before...

...After the show, I sat in my car for about hour waiting for the traffic to die down. At one point, there was a lit up ambulance that drove up between the staff parking lot and of the back gate areas of the venue. So when I read the "medical notice" on the website today, my mind immediately went to that ambulance. I don't know why it was there, and if it was there for someone in the band, or someone in the audience, or someone in the staff. But I really hope no one is seriously hurt or ill. That would be horrible.

jthunder

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer

SueDeNimes

CRAZY IS GOOD!
Coldplayer
Hey guys!!

I still think that was one hell of a show we saw last night and being down in the pit with you guys was the most fun I have had in quite a while!!!

Iriden, Catfish, Moses, Nascat - GREAT PICS!!! Thanks! Btw, Iriden were you right beside Catfish and the girl that was with him?? Just curious.

Here are links to the rest of my pics on photobucket:

Thunder
Your pictures are fab!!!
Thanks for sharing! :kiss:

greeneyes1207

Up With The Birds
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
awesome pictures!!

didn't Chris add lyrics from AROBTTH to a song? my mom said she heard him do it, but I completely missed it if he really did :thinking:

I just added this video of 42 to youtube:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHAuEaTwZ9U"]YouTube - Coldplay 42, Charlotte 8/7/09[/ame]

daNASCAT

The Out-of-Tune Scientist
Coldplayer
He added the opening lines of AROBTTH to one of the early songs, I'm pretty sure it was In My Place.

Denise

Errr..what? yup PoC sucks
Coldplayer
That was me who led the way to the pit. Hope you guys loved the show as much as we did
Stupid me I didn't ask you while on queue if you were writing here, that was a great team work, we all got front row :D

Iriden, Catfish, Moses, Nascat - GREAT PICS!!! Thanks! Btw, Iriden were you right beside Catfish and the girl that was with him?? Just curious.
uhm, I don't know if I was beside Catfish, I had a black All Pointes West Festival shirt, don't know if this helps you :)

Pguild142

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Okay,

I finally get to post my review, thoughts, etc. I apologize for taking so long, but between flying back home, work, etc., I’ve been swamped.

First, the pre-show. I lined up at the VIP entrance and I think it was a great idea. I had a tree w/ my gf and soon enough gmalool recognized me. I knew the yellow shirts would come in handy. We sat by the tree until about 5:20, then we lined up and were let in at about 5:35 or so. We ran to the PIT on the opposite side of the big line and I was fortunate enough to get there right at the same time as holycatfish87. I had gmalool to my left, holycatfish81 to my right and soon enough realized that jthunder and lostinreverie were right behind us. A great coldplaying crowd.

I have nothing to add to the show that hasn’t been already said. Everyone has done a great job reviewing the show, but I’ll throw in my few cents. Definitely the best I have seen so far, and I will say location had a key part to it. I agree, Chris was a little slow at first, but gained energy as the show went on. He did a nice job interacting with the PIT, I thought, between the thank you from Holycatfish’s comment, to the ROBTH bit he added presumably to appease the sign holder, to the pretty girl he saw when he messed up. I was wearing the COLDPLAYING butterfly shirt for London, and he pointed my way as Lovers and Japan was beginning.

I tried for a setlist, but to no avail. We lingered for a bit, bought a program, used the bathroom and slowly made our way out of the venue. On the way out I saw a couple of roadies, and I asked them for a setlist. They told me they did not have one, but since I was wearing my yellow T-shirt, they had 1 signed copy of LEFTRIGHTLEFTRIGHTLEFT that they would give either me or my gf, since she had it on too. They placed it on the ground, and since it was my birthday, she allowed me to grab it. By this time there was no one exiting, and original copies of the CD were easy to get. My whole crew got 1 a piece (we were 6 but all sitting in different spots).

My thanks again to the COLPLAYERS. GMALOOL, good look at Clemson and hope you find your niche in the international trade world. HOLYCATFISH81, good luck at Auburn, and I look forward to seeing your beautiful campus when Ole Miss comes into town on Halloween. JTHUNDER, thank you for saving our spots when bathroom runs were needed. I hope you enjoyed the show, though you had to go alone. And LOSTINREVERIE, props to your mom. My mother used to drive hours for me to go to shows when I was in jr. high and high school. My mom never would go in the PIT with me though, so super props to her and let her know how much you appreciated it (I’m sure you already have).

Okay a little long, but that’s all for now. Good luck to the band and hope all gets better for them health wise.

Snowplay

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer
At last!

=D I have been a huge coldplay fan for a long time, and theyre my favorite band! I had not gotten to see them Live until they went to Charlotte on the 7th of August! They were amazing!!! They made my life that night =D Im sorry Chris got sick after the show though! I hope he gets better!

roche714

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
The concert sounds amazing.Glad you had a good time and finally got to see them...

jenflor

Give me love over this...
Coldplayer
Glad you had such a great time at your first show. Hopefully, it will be the first of many!! :)

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
No matter how big of a fan you are, that first show just blows you away. They do that, you know, to hook you, so you keep coming back again and again and again. :D

iduran20

Imelda
Coldplayer
No matter how big of a fan you are, that first show just blows you away. They do that, you know, to hook you, so you keep coming back again and again and again. :D
The first show does blow you away! I was way up high in the nosebleeds on my first Coldplay concert and still had the most amazing time!:D

Pguild142

Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Below is the link to my pictures. They are on facebook, but the album is open to anyone, so I think anyone can see. Also, they are the last of the album as the rest are from my other shows. Just look at the caption under each picture and it will tell you city and venue.

In addition, in the last few pictures, Chris looks very very pale. I don't know if it was the lighting, but decide for yourself.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=123672&id=547270820&l=1ef95fde98