[16-Sept-2011] Coldplay @ Austin City Limits Festival, Zilker Park, Austin, Texas

jenflor

Give me love over this...
Coldplayer

Austin City Limits performance announced
17 May 2011 6:00 am
Coldplay to perform at Texas festival in September

Good morning. It's just been announced that Coldplay are one of the headline acts at this year's Austin City Limits festival, which takes place at Zilker Park in Austin, Texas. The band will top the bill at the first night of the 3-day event, on Friday 16 September.

The 3-day passes for ACL sold out before the line-up was announced, but day tickets are still available. They go on sale today (17 May) at 10am Central Time, costing $90. Click here to visit ACL's site for more information and to buy.

Coldplay now have 20 shows in the diary, in 17 different countries. Head to our http://www.coldplay.com/live.php for full details.

Anchorman

http://coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=720
Sorry, Ian and mods, I know this probably belongs in the live section, but I was so excited I just needed to post!

The lineup for the 10th annual Austin City Limits Festival was just announced and Coldplay is the Friday night headliner!
I was hoping, hoping, hoping for this, and nearly died when I saw their name on the list!
I've got my 3day passes already, so I'm ready for September!!

btw, hi again to everyone... I haven't been on in a while! :)

jenflor

Coldplayer
Lauren!!!! long time no talk! So glad you're going!! :dance:

ImLovingGuyBerryman

poopity poop
Coldplayer
I know, it really has been quite awhile!
Yah, we got our 3 day passes too. So excited! :dance: And like you, I had been guessing based off their previously planned summer festival dates that they would be at ACL but seeing it on the lineup is a relief. And since they'll be around the same time as Kanye I'm hoping it'll be easy-ish to get close.

jenflor

Coldplayer
GAHHHHH SO EXCITED
Me too! are you going?

@Lauren- yep. I was so happy to see they aren't playing opposite Arcade Fire... that would've hurt! I know we probably won't get any new stuff, but it'll be awesome to see them again!

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
Ohhh...I want to go, and it's dirt cheap to fly to Austin from California...it's my birthday weekend, too. Just need to convince the husband...

jenflor

Coldplayer
@Dianne- if it's your birthday, he really can't turn you down, can he? ;)

Texasluvsjonny

Jonny's personal fluffer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Thread moved to Live section and woo hoo Coldplay plus Arcade Fire! ACL rules mofos! :dance:

ImLovingGuyBerryman

poopity poop
Coldplayer
Me too! are you going?

@Lauren- yep. I was so happy to see they aren't playing opposite Arcade Fire... that would've hurt! I know we probably won't get any new stuff, but it'll be awesome to see them again!
Yah! I don't mind missing Kanye. Yah, I was thinking they might have the album out by then, but at the same time maybe not. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have it out. But it'll be great anyways.

Ohhh...I want to go, and it's dirt cheap to fly to Austin from California...it's my birthday weekend, too. Just need to convince the husband...
Ah, that shouldn't be too hard....and even if you just go on Friday, you can spend a couple days just playing around in Austin. :wacky:

l0wxo2

I Saw Sparks
Coldplayer
Man, I was going to go to Lolla in August to see them but Texas is closer. Ugh, not sure which one I should go to now LOL.

busybeeburns

mr coldplaying himself
Founder
Coldplayer
thanks for creating the thread! :) First post and title updated.

getithom

Baby blue.
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
TOTALLY GOING.

I live in Texas and have been waiting three years to get an opportunity to see them. Looks like I finally get too!

Texasluvsjonny

Jonny's personal fluffer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Thanks, for moving it, Angie! And I take it you'll be there?! :dance: who else are you excited to see?
Deciding on weather to do just Friday or Friday and Sunday. Arcade Fire and Elbow on Sunday. Soccer match in Houston on Saturday so that means a whole shit load of driving if I do the Sunday as well. :\

LFDianne

Biggest Will Fan
Coldplayer
The husband has been convinced :). It was easy. I hope it's as easy to get tickets in the morning!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Texasluvsjonny

Jonny's personal fluffer
Honorary Coldplayer
Coldplayer
Last time they played was the day after the hurricane. Hope that doesn't happen again.