[2016-05-17] Coldplay to perform at The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Zoe28

Up&Up
Coldplayer
My boys... Hymn for the weekend, so they are still promoting 2nd single at US and the video for the 3rd single was just released on Monday...
I do not understand
Didn't Chris said something about having both singles out at the same time in the US? HFTW for the pop radios and Up and up for the alternative ones .

Coldplayink

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
My boys... Hymn for the weekend, so they are still promoting 2nd single at US and the video for the 3rd single was just released on Monday...
I do not understand
They are doing a dual release in the US

jossec

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
Jonny's guitar solos are very loud on Up&Up, nice!

MosesTheMarshmallow

You're a Sky Full of Stars
Coldplayer
Glad to see that they got to perform the full version of Up&Up!

Though I kind of got the sense that Chris thought Jonny was making too many mistakes and started singing the guitar solos. :lol:

Norys

True love
Coldplayer
Didn't Chris said something about having both singles out at the same time in the US? HFTW for the pop radios and Up and up for the alternative ones .
They are doing a dual release in the US
:blush: I watched the show yesterday at night, and Up & Up was not played.
Today I saw that was on youtube the U&U performance.
Was a good presentation of my boys yesterday. And also I liked the host, is a sweet and nice man!

guy42

Warm Player
Coldplayer
:blush: I watched the show yesterday at night, and Up & Up was not played.
Today I saw that was on youtube the U&U performance.
Was a good presentation of my boys yesterday. And also I liked the host, is a sweet and nice man!
I believe Up&Up was a web exclusive.
Why so many dislikes on the Up&Up video?:(
Apparently not all Stephen Colbert viewers feel the same way about CP as we do :(

Wow, I thoroughly enjoyed that performance of Up&Up, definitely makes me love that song more :dazzled:

JM-42

Life is for Living
Coldplayer
Up&Up is so great live. Wish I could say the same about HFTW.

Nie

Coldplayer
Charity Donator
Though I kind of got the sense that Chris thought Jonny was making too many mistakes and started singing the guitar solos. :lol:
Well Chris was freewheeling with his text too!

2'01" : Lying in the canvas, aiming for the moon [emoji1]

flockofbirds222

Believe In Love❤️
Coldplayer
Well Chris was freewheeling with his text too!

2'01" : Lying in the canvas, aiming for the moon [emoji1]
I recognized that as well, haha the Up&Up lyrics seem to change every time they perform it[emoji16]
But I take it as a sign that Chris is really lost in the song

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Coldplaying mobile app

Arantza

Live in living color
Coldplayer
Jonny's solos were awesome :awesome:

I also loved Chris singing the theme song, and when he tried not to laugh when Stephen called him a "fucking genius" :lol:

lennyrott1

Up&Up
Coldplayer
God their live performance of HFTW is so embarrassing imo. The song is so produced that is OBVIOUS they aren't playing any of their instruments until the chorus. They need like a backup singing section and some extra instrumentalist to fully flesh the song out. It is just so bad..and I don't even mind the album version that much.

MosesTheMarshmallow

Coldplayer
God their live performance of HFTW is so embarrassing imo. The song is so produced that is OBVIOUS they aren't playing any of their instruments until the chorus. They need like a backup singing section and some extra instrumentalist to fully flesh the song out. It is just so bad..and I don't even mind the album version that much.
Agreed but I think it would all be solved if Chris just stayed on the piano the whole time to actually play the piano parts, and if Will sang the "shoot across the sky" bit (instead of that being Chris layered on other Chris's/Beyonce backing track).