2019-11-02 Coldplay Live on Saturday Night Live (SNL)

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
@kcp Coldplay's ben using "more elements than normal singer" for over the past decade, and I haven't watched too many older Coldplay performances but people report they always felt a lot more raw but simultaneously performed nicer. Obviously the requirement of backing tracks on some songs makes the performance less "authentic" which is where the part of the bias comes from IMO, but I can't comment on how Chris Martin's voice sounded back in the days as compared to now.

@ParadiseLost I could understand a low quality stream impacting the performance but jokes are funny high or low fidelity. But I'll agree this definitely isn't their best episode. :joy:

Also I'm pretty sure we're gonna get another performance, according to @danirl87 anyway (I don't know how they figure that but hey I hope they're right!)

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
@oliviyya perhaps they'll play Arabesque but according to @I ran away they've rehearsed the title track so that's more likely (and someone else in this thread apparently figures they're playing that too so that's more likely I'd say)

danirl87

Up&Up
Coldplayer
@kcp Coldplay's ben using "more elements than normal singer" for over the past decade, and I haven't watched too many older Coldplay performances but people report they always felt a lot more raw but simultaneously performed nicer. Obviously the requirement of backing tracks on some songs makes the performance less "authentic" which is where the part of the bias comes from IMO, but I can't comment on how Chris Martin's voice sounded back in the days as compared to now.

@ParadiseLost I could understand a low quality stream impacting the performance but jokes are funny high or low fidelity. But I'll agree this definitely isn't their best episode. :joy:

Also I'm pretty sure we're gonna get another performance, according to @danirl87 anyway (I don't know how they figure that but hey I hope they're right!)
snl always has 2 performances

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
That's what I heard from the person who I'm watching this with, so you're probably right :)

oliviyya

Princess of China
Coldplayer
@oliviyya perhaps they'll play Arabesque but according to @I ran away they've rehearsed the title track so that's more likely (and someone else in this thread apparently figures they're playing that too so that's more likely I'd say)
oh yeah that makes sense! didnt see that til i read up in the thread, cant wait to hear it, i havent listened to it yet

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
There's still a chance they won't play it but it's highly likely EL will be played

kcp

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer
I’ve never seen Coldplay sing with a choir or anything of the sort in a live performance .. that’s all I meant by “normal singers” meaning just the band :) besides their kids singing on the side lol I’m stoked for Jordan I think we’ll really get a lot of this .

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
Anybody noticed any of the boys in any of the skits yet?

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
@kcp yeah they usually use backing tracks for that kind of stuff, I think I heard some other voices in Orphans but it might have been Will or something else because I didn't notice the "kid fullness" of the studio version.

When's Jordan? When looking up Everyday Life to try to find the track I found that they announced the livestreams for it (and I think I heard something about that before that too).

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
Huh......... Expected the song to be longer.

I think there's something missing from the song but what is there is very touching............

TomRiver

Livin' life in Technicolor
Coldplayer

I think there's something missing from the song but what is there is very touching............
Yep, we all seem to be on the same page there haha. Either something is missing and they're with-holding it on purpose, or they missed the mark with that ending.

Must say, that performance was lovely though with just the 4 of them. Very raw, reaching back a little.

cp3176

Kaleidoscopes
Coldplayer
Yall think they'll do one more? I mean it was the closer so probably not but the person I'm watching with figures one more.

42Escapist

You could be me, I could be you
Coldplayer
Haven't listened to the studio version of Everyday Life yet, but it sounded great live. It ended so abruptly though... I was expecting something more like the ending of What If after that last chorus.

Ze

New Coldplayer
Coldplayer

I totally feel you on that one, when the bass and the drums come in the verse should be twice as long, it shouldn't just go straight to the chorus, that part is just too good, hits deep inside.